Author Topic: Deer season?  (Read 727 times)

Offline .54

• Trade Count: (0)
Deer season?
« on: December 03, 2012, 01:54:14 PM »
Anyone have any luck this year? Saw at least a dozen on opening day, went out 2 more days during gun season and didn't see anything.  I ended up putting two in the freezer. Hope to get out again before Christmas.

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Deer season?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 01:09:25 PM »
I took my granddaughter Mon, Tue and Wen and never saw a deer. Thur. without her I took and nice 8 pt. buck. I`ll take her out again though. My oldest granddaughter, 13, took a nice doe dureing the youth hunt, and the number 2 which I had out is 11.

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 02:06:52 PM »
I shot a nice 6 point with my Xbow.
My son shot his first buck, another 6 point, with his slug gun.
Both deer off private land.
Four of us hunted the Zaleski State forest the first two days of the gun season and only saw 3 deer. >:(   Logging & coyotes are destroying that forest. :'(   I was the only one at Zaleski who had a good shot, but it was a buck and I had already filled my tag, so I watched to walk off! :(

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 03:14:03 PM »
Hunted opening day of gun week plus that weekend, 3 different spots and didn't see any deer.
This weekend I saw a small yearling from my ground blind but while waiting for the bigger deer to come out they both ran off, spooked by something behind me. That yearling was about 20 ft. in front of my blind, but she was just too little.
Today in another spot on the same property, I was in a tree stand and 4 deer came in from behind the stand. While the smallest one came right in front of me, so close I could have spit on it, the other 3 all mature does came around the other side and one of them saw my movement and it was all over.

So far, rotten luck but there is always the later part of bow season and ML still to come! At least in these last two places this weekend I know I will see deer, hopefully a bigger one though.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us