Author Topic: new to me hunsman barrell  (Read 895 times)

Offline jdl41389

• Trade Count: (2)
new to me hunsman barrell
« on: December 03, 2012, 03:28:47 PM »
Just received huntsman 50 cal barrell from another member it fit my 20ga sb1 frame perfectly.Imounted old bushnell3/9 scope and bore sighted it and will try it out tomorrow and see how it does.Hopefully she willshoot as good asit looks.Ifitdoes Iwill upgade stock and other accesories in near future .

Offline jdl41389

Re: new to me hunsman barrell
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 11:47:24 AM »
I got achance to shoot her today 80gr pyrodex and 245 gr tc lead hollow point in tc 50cal sabot 4shots later had her sighted in last 2 shots touching 1inch high at 50 yrds .of course its to early to say but it looks likie it is going to be a real good shooting gun.Iam very happy with it so far.

JDL

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 05:09:31 PM »
Glad you liked it.  A friend introduced me to muzzle-loading a couple of years ago.  Once I fired that first shot, I was hooked. 

Unless you want to, you really don't need to upgrade the stock.  I have a Huntsman barrel on a SB1 straight (shotgun/iron sight) stock, it works for me.  If you don't already have one, all you really need is a Huntsman fore end (from H&R), collapsible ram rod (available from Mr. Hubbard), and your good to go. 

Some members don't even bother, they just carry their range rod to their stand with them.

Regarding your load, if your using the TC Cheap shots (lead hollow points), I believe they're 240grains.  I use the same load, over 100grains of T7.  The Cheap shots are great on deer.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline jeff birkey

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 05:30:22 PM »
Check with papdave, he has a stock set he is wanting to get rid of.
Jeff

Offline jdl41389

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 03:48:38 PM »
Old school you were right they were 240 grain bullets .I had achance to shoot it again sat afternoon tried 100 grains of pyrodex aparently gun didnot like this bullet powder combo it shot alover place I the chaned back to 80 grains andit was back to bullets touching at50 yards .ihave been shooting muzzelloader for more than 30 years and never had 1 that was so different with that little of apowder charge diference.you were also right about the shotgun stock it seems to work pretty well with scope so I think I am just going to leave well enough alone.Ido intend to try some other bullets though Iaways liked TC maxi balls soI thinkIam going to try them in the huntsman and see how They do Ihave hsd good success on deer with these in the past.

JDL