Author Topic: FEG handguns  (Read 835 times)

Offline 30calflash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
FEG handguns
« on: December 05, 2012, 07:49:51 AM »
 Hello all. From what I can remember FEG pistols were imported for a while in the mid 1990's. They had a Browning hi power copy, another 9mm copy with DA, a 380 and a DA 45acp that looks like it takes 1911 mags.

Does anyone have experience with the DA 45acp? Do you know when they were imported or made?

Thanks, 30calflash.
Hold still while I overthink this.

Offline NickSS

• Contributor
Re: FEG handguns
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 11:53:22 PM »
I have a pair of their HP pistols.  One is like an issue GI one and the other has a vent rib and polished finish.  I have also seen a DA version of the HP but no other pistols by them.  I can tell you that Browning HP mags and parts fit them and they are made as well as the GI ones that I have owned in the past.  I have shot many thousands of rounds through them With little or no problems.  I did remove the Magazine safety in both of them and this improved the trigger pull a good deal.

Offline woodsie57

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 04:01:06 AM »
I'm familiar with the FEG PA63,which is a Walther PPK clone in 9mm Mak caliber-Great little pistol, but the original springs were too stout-easy fix!

Offline 30calflash

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 07:06:58 AM »
 I remember both the HP and the 380 from when I worked at a gun shop in the 90's. A friend has and likes his HP clone. This is the first 45 I've seen made by FEG though.

The slide looks like an HP with an S&W style decocker on the left side. Enlarged triggerguard for the DA capability. Thin grip with the 1911 style mag. Don't know much else about it though.

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 11:40:16 AM »

Offline 30calflash

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 04:47:56 AM »
 Yeah Bob, that's it. Thanks for the posting. There doesn't seem to be much on them in general, not sure how many were made or shipped here.

When I pick it up and run a few rounds thru it I'll see about reporting back.