Author Topic: What Are Your Suggestions to Fix America?  (Read 5104 times)

Offline D Fischer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: What Are Your Suggestions to Fix America?
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 08:55:02 AM »
Easy fix in my opinion. Just eliminate welfare. Do that and the only way all that dead weigh will be able to do to eat, is get a job! Same goes with a place to live! Never happen, welfare buy's to many vote's.

you got 14 million Jobs lined up for them to work?
You got 14 million matched skills ?

I think the problems go just a tad deeper.

I think your are sadly mistaken. Why should I have to provide a job for someone living off of other's labors? Feeling sorry for the condition's these people place themselves in all by themselves is what got that crap going in the first place. Take them off welfare and they will live or die. That is up to them and their family's. Of course we'd maybe loose a whole lot of farm worker's. A group that collects heavily on welfare.

Offline Anna

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 01:17:44 PM »
Lawyers! It's all come down from lawyers. Welfair ? A lawyer somewhere put that all together for Johnson and Congress. How many representatives in Congress today are lawyers ? I'm willing to
bet its at least 2/3rds. Obama is a lawyer, Clinton a lawyer, even ole honest Abe was a lawyer.
The next time you have got to pay one of these blood suckers to defend for at least a $2500 dollar
retainer fee, remember what I said. The next time you lose one of your rights remember what I said.
Everything listed as answers here were brought on by lawyers .

Offline Gary G

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 04:09:22 PM »
Here is the truth and no one is going to tell you. The debt is unsustainable.

How bad?
If you tax people all of their income as well as corporations, it wouldn't balance the deficit.
If you eliminated all government expenditures except the entitlements, it wouldn't balance the budget.

There is only one solution and that is to cut government spending, wars and social security and medicare; but they won't do that. It would mean losing elections.

So they will kick the can, print the currency, pay you with worthless dollars, until the foreigners sell the dollar; then the end comes. We are in stagflation now which will accelerate.  We will probably not make it to the next presidential election.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 05:03:25 PM »
Since most people refuse to vote for anyone except D's and R's America cannot be fixed, it's too far gone. It will collapse under the weight of it's own debt. The D's and R's are both responsible for this massive debt yet people continue to vote for them anyway.

There is hope for a few states. If enough liberty-minded, small government people from throughout the country moved to these states and got involved in politics they could bring fiscal responsibility to these states and minimize the impact of our bloated federal government on these states. This is about the only realistic solution short of a revolution. States like California, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois, etc. are too far gone to be saved.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 07:11:03 PM »
magooch and Cuts Crooked:

I'm with you fellers!!   Let's execute the lawyers, and then magooch's plan.

America can be saved, but it is gonna get nasty in the process; especially, if the country must rip itself apart before we reach a solution.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2012, 01:28:52 AM »
Get rid of the idiot in the white house, replace welfare with workfare and get the healthcare (free programs) out of Social Security. 

Offline Gary G

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 04:34:19 AM »
Since most people refuse to vote for anyone except D's and R's America cannot be fixed, it's too far gone. It will collapse under the weight of it's own debt. The D's and R's are both responsible for this massive debt yet people continue to vote for them anyway.

Yea, most people want to vote the flavor of sauce they will be cooked in. Only a few don't want to be cooked at all.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 04:48:39 AM »
What Are Your Suggestions to Fix America?

Alright, I thought about it, and I've got a suggestion:

follow the Golden Rule, as laid out by Jesus
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2012, 05:07:02 AM »
So YT, you are saying to the poor, stop stealing welfare and food stamp money through the government from working people.  Because I see this every day.  Women with a bunch of kids claiming to be single, but a man lives with them.  Single she gets welfare, aid to dependent children, medicaid, food stamps, section 8 housing.  This goes on for 2-3 generations.  Welfare for a young person should be tied to education and eventual work.  Not just given out without some form of responsibility.  Money for arts is not needed.  This is either talent to be paid for by the public, or a hobby.  Not everyone is an artist or musician.  Money for Public brodcasting is no longer needed.  There are free stations already, and with Discovery, Learning, Space, A&E, History, Military, etc, PBS is no longer needed.  All of this is stealing to fund some liberals project with someone elses money.  We don't need gun control, we need to deal with the source of the problems in the inner city, which is spiritual, not economic.  My first 6 years were in a two room house with an outhouse, no running water.  Being poor is no excuse for gangs, drugs, and stealing, and murder.  My church sponsered a "sidewalk Sunday school" project on Saturday morning in the local projects.  Taught the kids lessons, gave out literature, taught Bible stories, and feed them hotdog for lunch.  From there we were able to get to some of the parents, usually single moms.  The local police said withing a couple of months, crime went down in the neighborhood.  The wanted us to expand this project if possible in all the poor areas.  Later this was supported by several local churches, and an abandoned old church was given to the project to bus people from the projects to church on Sundays. 

Lots of things people can do to change the world, it take a lot of work, time, prayer.  But liberals taxing and spending constantly with more government programs and money has NEVER abolished poverty.  It is a mindset, and it is spiritual.  To get off the welfare plantation, one must first want to, and be taught how to.  This sidewalk Sunday school project has been trying to expand into other areas, but some people are fighting it, especially on government property teaching "religion".  However is it is effective.  That is why we have freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion.  John Adams said our constitution was for a moral and religious prople. 

Offline powderman

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2012, 05:32:01 AM »
DIXIE DUDE. Excellent post Sir, all true. The answer is getting God in folks lives. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline 308Win

• Avid Poster
  • US ARMY-1956-1968,the rest I don't remember!
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2012, 05:44:47 AM »
In GOD We Trust,is not PC anylonger according to liberal scum,who want it off our courency.
How much money must we spend before we learn to concentrate on the front sight?"Col Jeff Cooper"

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2012, 05:45:35 AM »
DIXIE DUDE. Excellent post Sir, all true. The answer is getting God in folks lives. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

good response POWDERMAN
too many folks now have removed God from their own lives and are trying to remove Him from others lives; it's the root cause of problems we now face.

don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2012, 05:54:53 AM »
So YT, you are saying to the poor, stop stealing welfare and food stamp money...

No, you've got it wrong. I was not saying to the poor, I was saying to those reading this forum... and what I was saying, is spelled out in my posts - nothing needs to be added. I wrote just what I intended to say. Should you chose to implement my suggestion in your own life, it's up to you what it means.

Others will have to decide for themselves.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2012, 05:55:26 AM »

Good idea there........first we hang all the lawyers! 8) ;)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2012, 06:28:21 AM »

what about the judges that listened to the lawers?
and the police that enforced the judges decision  based on what the lawer TOLD him to decide
i don't blame the people that  receive welfair
i  blame the people that steel my money through taxes to give it to them

hang the tax collecter too
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2012, 06:42:15 AM »
Once again what started out as a productive thread soliciting suggestions and opinions on how one would start fixing  America has digressed into silly . hang all the lawyers ridiculousness.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2012, 07:50:17 AM »
Once again what started out as a productive thread soliciting suggestions and opinions on how one would start fixing  America has digressed into silly . hang all the lawyers ridiculousness.

Nothing rediculous about it. Lawyers have caused most of the problems in this country and have been directly involved in limiting personal freedoms, in one way......or another!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline scootrd

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2012, 08:31:47 AM »

Nothing rediculous about it. Lawyers have caused most of the problems in this country and have been directly involved in limiting personal freedoms, in one way......or another!

OK ,  so Tort Reform = Positive contribution
Hang all Lawyers  =  just a ridiculous comment that contributes nothing positive to the Thread.

JMHO

Semper Fi
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2012, 09:17:11 AM »

Cuts has it all wrong - the lawyers don't want to hang us, they want to enrich themselves and keep themselves busy. The business of the law, is to make for business for the law. Forget all you learned on this subject in grade school...

Offline 308Win

• Avid Poster
  • US ARMY-1956-1968,the rest I don't remember!
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2012, 09:34:29 AM »
Give it back to the Indians,let them clean house,talk about Freemen it was them!!
How much money must we spend before we learn to concentrate on the front sight?"Col Jeff Cooper"

Offline jimster

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2012, 10:26:38 AM »
Well getting back to the "fix"...
I think in order to fix this mess it will involve painful cuts for all, cuts in all directions and lots of pain. You will have to make working worth while compared to not working, that in itself will be the largest obstacle to overcome. You would need to know which people are not trying so hard and which ones are, and cut off the ones who use the system, it can be done, but takes some checking into. At the same time you'll have to let the working people spend their own money and realize taxes get passed down through the price of services and products.  You can't tax your way out of this, so easy on taxes, and you need to make it so regulations don't keep people from starting up their own businesses. Not talking about wrecking the air here, were talkking about a kid filling out a three pages of crap to sell lemonade. Licenses, permits, a licence for a permit, you know what I'm talking about and how deep it gets. The people in congress think 250K a year profit on a w-2 for a party store owner is fair game, try seeing what it costs to pay off the building, stock the shelves, utilities, insurance, etc....add regulations, your profit gets ate up fast. Specially if you live in a Dem state like California. The most painful and most impossible you have to do is stop government spending and growth, your money is being ate up in corruption and going to every country in the world, you will not be able to stop this without severe political pain.
And of you can do this, you'll have to wait it out it to get better. There will be riots of course.  If you can't do the above, you'll do the above anyway at some point. You'll still have the riots when the spending and entitlements run out Greece style, but it will be worse all the way around for all when the people find out there is indeed an end to money after all.
I personally think we will go the hard way, people are too divided, many think there is no end to the dollar or the size of government, might be best for this to go full circle and have Americans learn another hard lesson.
No easy way out...trillions is trillions and you already borrowed what you never had, the people you have elected over the years and now have ruined us. They do not have the sand to do what needs to be done for our country. You can see that when your president speaks, and you can see it when Congress has their sessions. The only members of congress who will tell you this have been pushed to the back of the room and told to shut up by both parties.

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2012, 10:28:59 AM »
Smash the new  racial caste system that  has relegated white people to second class citizenship by destroying white rights of free association, free speech and freedom of contract. 

Repeal Brown vs. Bd of Education, which vested blacks with property rights in white children and forced public schools to maintain inventories of white children to distribute among class rooms like school supplies.  No race should have the legal power to  compel the forced attendance and association with children of another race. The holding in Brown is morally indistinguishable from the institution of slavery because both vested in members of one race property rights in the persons of another race.  There is no constitutional basis for creating a racial caste system.

Repeal the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which vested in non-white minorities the legal power to strip white people of their  rights of freedom of association and freedom of contract.  Restore 1st class citizenship and equality  under the law  to white people.   The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and slavery are  morally indistinguishable because both vest in members of one  legally favored race superior legal powers and rights over other, legally subordinate races. Under slavery blacks were subordinate.  Under the Civil Rights laws, whites are subordinate.  Get rid of both.

Repeal the Martin Luther King holiday.   MLK was a black racial supremacist who advocated a superior level of citizenship for blacks over whites for an indefinite period of time so that huge amounts of white wealth could be transferred to blacks under the guise of "remedial measures" for slavery.  More than 600,000 whites died in the Civil War to end slavery. That's enough payment.   Whites are not indebted to Blacks for any reason.  The idea that Blacks should be  elevated to a legally superior "Creditor Race" and Whites  should be lowered to a legally subordinate, "Debtor Race"  is nothing but legalized racial supremacy of one race over another.  It is slavery under another name.

Time to restore 1st class citizenship to white people...NOW!

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2012, 10:35:50 AM »
lgm270,
You are scary!

Offline lgm270

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2012, 10:40:21 AM »
lgm270,
You are scary!

Is that your best argument against equality for white people?

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2012, 10:52:55 AM »

Cuts has it all wrong - the lawyers don't want to hang us, they want to enrich themselves and keep themselves busy. The business of the law, is to make for business for the law. Forget all you learned on this subject in grade school...

Exactly they they should be hanged....they want us a slaves. ::)

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2012, 10:54:00 AM »
Quote from lgm270:

If I comment any further I will probably be removed from this board as you should have been IMHO.
GuzziJohn

Offline lgm270

« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2012, 11:01:31 AM »
Quote from lgm270:

If I comment any further I will probably be removed from this board as you should have been IMHO.
GuzziJohn

Why should advocating  equal rights for whites be grounds for removal from the board?   

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2012, 11:42:08 AM »
the fix  is in the works
but they won't have the guts to follow through

THE  FISCAL CLIFF

we are so far in dept  all 53%  that pay taxes will HAVE to pay  much  more

enough  more to really get serious about voting

and the  46%  that are  parasites will have to learn to fend for themselves
and  be  told ''we are out of money....you on you own''
they may vote different  once they have to go to work  in the post cliff economy/tax code

NO SMALL STEPS TO AVOID THE CLIFF  WILL DO
small steps just take us to a steeper cliff
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Molon Labe

• Come and take them!
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2012, 11:43:54 AM »
I have a few suggestions which i expect will be very unpopular with some of you.

1.Stop trying to police the world with the US military without compensation of service.  Recall all US soldiers back to American soil and close all foreign military bases temporarily.  Restructure all branches of the Military to take on a more profitable and proactive role in the world theater. Provide the same services we now provide for free to other countries at competitive price. We already train most of the World's armies we may as well profit from it. Enact profit sharing for military personell and their families in additions to regular wages.

2. Cancel all foreign aid immediately.  America should be in the business of taking care of America and it's people not the rest of the world.

3. Enact laws to make Special interest groups, Political action committees, and Lobbying illegal with real punishments.

4. Limit terms for all aspects of Government From the national level down, All elected officials would be subject to a limited number of terms from the president (already at 2 terms now) on down to the lowest city official.

5. Separate Church & State.  The government has no business dictations laws on Marriage, etc.

6. Reenact the Homestead act.  Give a part of this country to the people willing to work hard for it, that was the American dream  that brought so many people to this country in it's early days.  That was the foundations of our freedom.

7. Close our borders and restructure immigration to process  only those who come to this country with a marketable skill.

8. Use money saved from foreign aid to benefit the people in our own country who need it the most like the elderly, the disenfranchised, the sick, the homeless, etc.  Some of you would be surprised how many homeless Us vets there are.

9. Re negotiate foreign trade agreements in our favor.  We pay huge fees to allow foreign products to be sold in our own country.  Products we could and have made better.

10. Withdraw from the UN.  The Agenda of one world government, economy, religion, etc deviates so far from the vision of our Founding Fathers, and the ideals of individual liberty & freedom for all.

Sadly these suggestions and all of the other good suggestions I have read here will never be implemented.  Once the family unit was broken and traditioal Christian values were no longer taught in the home. Once there were no more prayers in school. Once there was no more truth in the nightly news.  Once people just stopped caring about anything or anyone but themselves.  Then America began to decline, and she will not be brought back by good intentions, or gathering in public parks, or singing at candlelight vigils.

The path back will require cutting the head off the hydra, and every head that grows until there are no more heads to take, and there is no more corruption governing us.  It will require sweat, blood, and sacrifice on all our parts. We will lose a part of ourselves when we do this.  Some will lose faith, others humanity and many others may lose their lives.  History has proven this time and again, and the one constant of humanity and history is repetition.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."-Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

"The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on Earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet than live on his knees!" - George Washington

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell

Offline BAGTIC

• A Real Regular
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2012, 12:09:32 PM »
Liberals don't want to fix anything, they want America to crash. Our problem is the Federal government, how elections are funded, and the Left.  Start prosecuting for Treason. Another thing one trillion is approximately 33,000 years worth of seconds, how exactly did we spend even one trillion? Why? I say seccede from the corruption. This is a bit better than anarchy but that is also an option.
If a state secedes the  USA is going to require that it pay off its share of the national debt. I doubt it will accept an I.O.U.  Do you have it?