Author Topic: An optical question  (Read 587 times)

Offline MOPLS

• Trade Count: (0)
An optical question
« on: February 12, 2004, 01:47:21 PM »
Hi, folks.  I've been lurking here for a while and just registered.  Since I retired a few months ago, I've decided I need to expand my shooting hobby a little.  I picked up a used Pardner 12 Gauge a couple of months ago and have just put in an order for a new Ultra Hunter 25-06.  I plan on getting into reloading as well since I have an abundance of time during these winter months when it's too cold to ride my motorcycle.

My question concerns what scope to put on this new rifle.  At present, I plan on restricting my shooting to paper with a maximum range of 200 yards or so.   Perhaps later I may give the local crow population a try.  

I've got a Tasco World Class 36x44 sitting on the shelf that I could use, but I think this may be a little too much.  I could take a 4x16x40 scope off a Romanian Cugir single shot .22 that I don't shoot much any more.  That seems more like what I need.   So, what do you think?  The big honker or the variable?

Thanks,

MOPLS

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
An optical question
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 02:25:41 PM »
MOPLS,
  Glad you decided to join us, and welcome to the just one more H+R/NEF club.  :D  I would go with the 36x44 if you plan on shooting paper. It should keep it's POI more constant than the variable.
Don