Author Topic: THE HEISMAN AWARD  (Read 188 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
THE HEISMAN AWARD
« on: December 09, 2012, 02:31:31 AM »
What is your take on the award presented ?
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
Re: THE HEISMAN AWARD
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 03:10:28 AM »
I'm glad Johnny Football won, considering its for the best player on the field this year.
Was convinced when we watched him against Alabama.

The award show was pretty good, up until they did the part where they show how the voting broke down by region.
That really sucked the excitement out of the show.
Reminds me of when Bo won; the presenter started off with "in the closest voting ever..."
You either win or you don't.
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 03:21:36 AM »
I always felt like they should wait until all the bowl games are over before voting.
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 03:43:20 AM »
Ho hum.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 05:06:23 AM »
I think the award is a joke. Its to go to the most outstanding college football player. I think only one time has a player won it that wasn't a QB, RB, or WR. Charles Woodson won it as a cornerback, but he also returned kicks and played WR some. So if you are blessed with being able to throw a football or have an outstanding offensive line to block for you, an athlete's chances of winning are increased by a bunch. Once in awhile they throw in a cornerback or linebacker in the final three to make it look unbiased. Its like they want to say "see anyone can win the award", but that is only if you are a QB,RB, or once in a blue moon a WR.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn