Author Topic: December Rut?  (Read 935 times)

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
December Rut?
« on: December 09, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »
Anyone know just when the December Rut comes in? Have read it's the whole month of December into early January. Anyhow, heart surgery behind me and  I've a new .50 barrel on my T/C Encore plus a new .357 mag single action so I'm looking forward to Alternative Methods Season! :)

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: December Rut?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 04:30:53 AM »
Spirithawk,

I've been had my chest opened up twice for heart surgeries. The doctors knew I was a hunter the first thing they told me was DO NOT fire a high power rifle under any circumstances this year.  ;D
What did your doctor tell you? If you failed to discuss this with him, now might be a good time to do so.  ;)

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: December Rut?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 09:08:43 AM »
Spirithawk,

I've been had my chest opened up twice for heart surgeries. The doctors knew I was a hunter the first thing they told me was DO NOT fire a high power rifle under any circumstances this year.  ;D
What did your doctor tell you? If you failed to discuss this with him, now might be a good time to do so.  ;)

Regards,
This surgeon went in through my side. With two 50 grain pellets of 777 my Encore doesn't realy kick as much as shove. With cold weather and a heavy coat on I should be fine. I'll only shoot the rifle if needing a long shot anyways. Anything within about 40 yards I'll use the pistol. As brushy as it is here that's about average range and if anything a bit less. Thanks for the concern though. At least someone is watching out for me. :)