Author Topic: Recreational water  (Read 131 times)

Offline Conan The Librarian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonalds. Blecch!
Recreational water
« on: December 10, 2012, 04:32:36 AM »
If I can't wade in it for fishing, or go snorkeling in it, or operate a small boat on it, the water is useless to me. My wife likes sea sides that have crashing surf. I look at it and say "what am I supposed to do with this?". Same thing for frozen lakes. Worthless. If I have to use a motor boat and run it a long distance before getting someplace worthwhile: worthless. If the river has no public access to it: worthless.

What's left is some really beautiful places that you can do a lot with.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Recreational water
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 04:47:47 AM »
Guess it depends on what you deem as good recreation.  Surfers love crashing waves, ice fishermen and ice skaters can't wait till the lake freezes over, water skiers could care less about where the fish are. 

The one I do agree with you on is lack of public access.   There is a beautiful lake in Greensboro with some high dollar homes on it but the lake is a public water supply and off limits to even the home owners.   No fishing not even from the bank and no water craft of any kind alowed on it not even human or wind powered craft.   Owning a home on this lake would be far too frustrating for me.  It's akin to being at an all you can eat buffet with your jaw wired shut.   :'(
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC