Author Topic: Children are smarter BEFORE they complete school..  (Read 426 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Children are smarter BEFORE they complete school..
« on: December 11, 2012, 12:41:03 AM »
     Ye; you heard it right!  It certainly appears that children are naturally much more intelligent and intuitive BEFORE they complete the brain washing, which is enforced by "dumb down" education system..     
   They know Obama's "spread the wealth" idea is really cockeyed..  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHNBr3PZQaE
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Children are smarter BEFORE they complete school..
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 02:23:25 AM »
that dumbed down education may soon be the downfall of the country.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 10:09:26 AM »
Yeah...but our parents seemed to get a whole lot smarter after we finished school! :o ;D
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline DDZ

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
that dumbed down education may soon be the downfall of the country.

Education is the key to America remaining free from tyranny. Government knows that by keeping the populace ignorant, they can easier gain power over them.
The first country's to have coerced school attendance laws were all dictatorships, including the countries that formed Hitler's third Reich. In comparison none of our founders had any public schooling. They were mostly home schooled. Many regimes had forced government controlled schooling from the get go. The USSR, Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, and the Pol pot regime. They all found government administered schooling an essential tool for controlling their populations, as do Cuba and China today.
The bureaucracy laden, union manipulated, forced government schooling we have today is with out a doubt leading to our destruction.
 It amazes me that teachers support this indoctrination of each generation and call it education. Everything is in place for government takeover. There is government control of the indoctrination. Then there is the teacher unions holding tax payers hostage, and keeping students ignorant of important things they need to know. I guess as long as teachers get whatever they want from the tax payers. They will support what they are doing.
I think the most important issue in turning America around is separation of education and state, but it will never happen. Governments tentacles are wrapped to tight.         
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Dixiejack

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »
I teach in post secondary education, in other words college.  It appalls me that students are leaving public and private schools unprepared for higher education.  I have been in this discussion before and I still stand firm on my beliefs that that education under the Clinton and Bush's administrations have done more to hurt state education programs.  "No child left behind" is a ruse and until we get education out from under federal control and back into the control of the states, our children will continue to miss the opportunities of learning the basic "ABC's."  I teach at a four year community college.  Over 40% of our students have to take remedial math, reading, and writing before they can take basic college level courses.
Several of our local school board members and 15 teachers were fired and were threatened with criminal charges for "fixing" the scores on federal mandatory performance tests so students' scores would meet state and federal standards. Public school teacher spend more time giving practice tests that actually teaching.
I agree.  Our school systems have gone to hell and the states are mandated by the feds by threats to make cuts of federal support.
We also have have the ivy tower teachers who never look past a text book or computer screen at what is happening in the real world. That is another problem.
And before anyone even thinks it or says it, I do not belong to a union.  I have not had a raise or promotion in six years and neither have my fellow educators. I am retiring in 2013 rather than 2015, because I am not under the state teacher's retirement plan, but a plan called ORP (other retirement plan) because the university system I work for has cut their contribution to my  retirement back almost 3% over the last two years to force me and others not under teacher retirement to join TRP.
Excuse me, but now I am going to return to building three new classes for Spring semester. I am doing it on my own time, because of my work load, meaningless meetings, and recruiting students does not leave me any work time to prepare for the next semester.  I also, worry about getting my ass shot off by an irate student because I cannot carry in the classroom.

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 02:15:12 PM »
Read  a  statement  on  a  school  sign  at  graduation  last  year ,  quote;  hire  a  teenager  while  they  still  know  it  all. :o :o :o