Author Topic: DELETING MARLIN TALK  (Read 1733 times)

Offline OTTOMATIC

• Trade Count: (0)
DELETING MARLIN TALK
« on: February 13, 2004, 02:09:49 AM »
In 7 days I will be DELETING  Marlin Talk from my favorites. I never thought I'd see the day.  It will be like having to PUT DOWN a dog .
 Losing an old friend.  I believe I will have to go to a Support Group....................................................OTTO

Offline Dali Llama

Re: DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 02:13:40 AM »
Quote from: OTTOMATIC
In 7 days I will be DELETING  Marlin Talk from my favorites. I never thought I'd see the day.  It will be like having to PUT DOWN a dog .
 Losing an old friend.  I believe I will have to go to a Support Group....................................................OTTO
Dali Llama say parting always be full of sorrow and longing for days of yore. :(
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 04:08:47 AM »
I already removed it from my favorites, but I replaced it with this board. That board should have  been moderated.
[

United we stand against Ovomit.

Offline Dali Llama

DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 07:32:36 AM »
Quote from: Sheila
I already removed it from my favorites, but I replaced it with this board. That board should have  been moderated.
Dali Llama say Chabot made attempt  :oops: at such, but he not always employ heavy hand of censorship equitably or consistently. :(

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 06:45:12 PM »
Already deleted it from mine. And also put Greybeard in its place!!

Offline U.K.Neil

DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2004, 12:18:09 AM »
Quote from: big medicine
Already deleted it from mine. And also put Greybeard in its place!!

Me also.......

Neil
Keep Smiling.

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2004, 09:23:56 AM »
I have only been back there twice since the shutdown. :eek:
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2004, 11:00:28 AM »
Welcome guys,

I haven’t posted that much here or on Marlin Talk but was reading both for several years.   Glad to see you found this place.   There is another board I also go to that deals more with hunting than just gun talk and has added Marlin Chat and H&R/NEF Discussions.   If you are interested, PM me with your E-mail and I will let you know what it is.   I do not know if Graybeard has them on his “list” or not but in honor and respect to him I will only mention other forums in private E-mail.
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline Dali Llama

DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2004, 12:09:52 PM »
Quote from: Nightrain52
I have only been back there twice since the shutdown. :eek:
Come around more often, suggest Dali Llama. :D

Offline OTTOMATIC

DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2004, 01:51:46 AM »
One more day........... Although this is a GREAT place, I'm sure gonna miss  MT.   I'm just curious what the BASTARDS are going to put there.............................................OTTO

(not you ED}

Offline Dali Llama

DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2004, 02:08:20 AM »
I'm sure gonna miss  MT.   I'm just curious what the BASTARDS are going to put there.............................................OTTO

Chabot's Chardonnay and Cheese Chat & Chew the Fat Club???

Offline Dali Llama

DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2004, 02:12:26 AM »
One more day...........  I'm sure gonna miss  MT.  

Offline Mauser

• Contributor
DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2004, 12:29:06 AM »
If it was true that guys were posting dangerous or irresponsible reloading data on the various forums, Marlin had to shut them down.  Unfortunately we live in an era that if someone was injured or killed, their estate would sue Marlin.  

If Marlin shut it down because it just thought MT was a pain then Marlin deserves a little market pain in return.

In truth, I think a little of both applied to the decision.

Offline Dali Llama

DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2004, 01:50:35 AM »
Quote from: Mauser
If Marlin shut it down because it just thought MT was a pain then Marlin deserves a little market pain in return.
Dali Llama suggest more than "a little" economic pain be appropriate. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Offline CEJ1895

• Avid Poster
DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2004, 05:08:37 AM »
OTTOMATIC my friend, since they dumped us I dumped them too... 7 days is too long to wait to get rid of them! M/T is dead  :x Long live Greybeard!  :D  CEJ...
If I can't take my rifles with me, I don't want to go!

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2004, 03:05:58 PM »
I took my time and went through a lot of the old posts, just to try and keep any info that I didn't want to lose access to. We're very lucky to have been adopted, and catered to by our new host. I was lost for a few days after the initial shutdown. I had spent so much time on Marlin, and HR/NEF talk sites that I didn't know how to act. It's good to see so many of the familiar faces here.
Don

Offline Dali Llama

DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2004, 04:24:48 PM »
Quote from: CEJ1895
M/T is dead  :x Long live Greybeard!  :D  
Dali Llama say he concur! :lol:  :lol:

Offline dodgecity

DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2004, 08:24:42 PM »
Marlin has gone the route of the PC gang. While I still value the product they produce, I have no respect for the management that made the political and legal decision to end their forum. There has been some opinion expressed that Marlin would have continued their site had it been properly monitored. May I humbly point out that it was very much monitored any time a politically incorrect subject was introduced. Marlin simply made a business decision that the site was not of any economic value in comparison to the cost to maintain it. Providing a site for the interest or idealogy of their customers was not a factor, especially when the views commonly expressed on that site did not harmonize with management views and goals. Executives make those kind of decisions on a regular basis. Time and sales will be the final arbiter on how wise a decision was made.

Offline Dali Llama

DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2004, 05:15:17 AM »
Quote from: dodgecity
May I humbly point out that it was very much monitored any time a politically incorrect subject was introduced.
Ain't that the truth, say Dali Llama!

Offline Norseman

• Avid Poster
DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2004, 12:23:38 PM »
:toast: Godd news friends!  I bailed out of MT as well.  A real bummer!  I am real happy that I found this site too!  But check it out y'all...  I also joined this new Marlin site:www.marlinowners.com.  It has lots of the old MT folks signing in every day.  I will stick with this site as well as www.marlinowners.com  Check it out!

:D The Norseman<><
RKBA!

Offline Dali Llama

DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2004, 12:45:10 PM »
Quote from: Norseman
:toast: Godd news friends!  I bailed out of MT as well.  A real bummer!  I am real happy that I found this site too!  But check it out y'all...  I also joined this new Marlin site:www.marlinowners.com.  It has lots of the old MT folks signing in every day.  I will stick with this site as well as www.marlinowners.com  Check it out!

:D The Norseman<><
Dali Llama say that there unfortunately be several disgruntled persons there who be inappropriately and unnecessarily disparaging Graybeard Outdoors. :evil:  :x  :twisted:

Offline Swany

DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2004, 02:07:38 PM »
We sure learn a lot from our losses, one main thing is to stick together and pull up from your bootstraps and keep your friends backs for them. His Guys, thought I would drop in and say hello today. Take care and have fun. Swany
Take care and have fun. Swany

Offline Dali Llama

DELETING MARLIN TALK
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2004, 04:29:55 PM »
Quote from: Swany
We sure learn a lot from our losses, one main thing is to stick together and pull up from your bootstraps and keep your friends backs for them.
Dali Llama say yes, and one also rather quickly learn who his friends be and who they not be...