Author Topic: At least 26 dead in Connecticut-'  (Read 4981 times)

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: At least 26 dead in Connecticut-'
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2012, 02:20:02 AM »
I talked with the wife on this, right after the shooting. Most schools have enough parents to volunteer 1 day a month to be a guard. No gun, unless qualified. 2 way radio, taser, and mace/pepper spray. No cost to the community except for taser and spray. And you can't tell me there isn't enough parents out there that would do that. I certainly would. I know enough retired/military dads that would do that just to get out of the house. Some haven't had a kid in a school for 20 years, but would do it out of call of duty. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline jjas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2012, 02:27:01 AM »
I talked with the wife on this, right after the shooting. Most schools have enough parents to volunteer 1 day a month to be a guard. No gun, unless qualified. 2 way radio, taser, and mace/pepper spray. No cost to the community except for taser and spray. And you can't tell me there isn't enough parents out there that would do that. I certainly would. I know enough retired/military dads that would do that just to get out of the house. Some haven't had a kid in a school for 20 years, but would do it out of call of duty. gypsyman

While I admire your sense of community, the lawyers would have a field day with this.  Too much liability for the schools to ever allow.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2012, 03:29:12 AM »

While I admire your sense of community, the lawyers would have a field day with this.  Too much liability for the schools to ever allow.

So the real issue pops up ! we Americans are not allowed to protect ourselves and our own. If that changed things would get better .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline scootrd

« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2012, 03:29:37 AM »
Listening to radio yesterday , they were speaking before a group of LEO and mayors from across US who said they too are tired of having LEO's outgunned on streets,  and something needs to be done to remove assault type weapons out of the hands of people.  Congressional leaders were stateing no amendment is absolute , just like you cannot yell fire under 1st in crowded theater. 2nd is not absolute.

Looks like changes are definitely coming.  Legislators cannot even reach an understanding of what formal definition of a "Assualt" weapon is yet legislation is already being crafted.

"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2012, 06:47:55 AM »
Mmmmmmm,,,,,I wonder how Congress feels about having The Militia(s) reformed....?
..TM7
The trouble is alot of them would not know a militiaman from a Boy Scout!! About like how much they really know about firearms and the actual problems in society that actually cause these bad incidents!! Plus some of them are always waiting for an incident to occur so that they can push their own agenda for gun control!!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2012, 10:58:35 PM »
Listening to radio yesterday , they were speaking before a group of LEO and mayors from across US who said they too are tired of having LEO's outgunned on streets,  and something needs to be done to remove assault type weapons out of the hands of people.  Congressional leaders were stateing no amendment is absolute , just like you cannot yell fire under 1st in crowded theater. 2nd is not absolute.

That's an easy fix that's already been taken care of, at least here in SoCal. After the North Hollywood shootout in 1997, most police departments around here immediately stuck an AR next to the shotgun in every cop car.
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2012, 11:53:45 PM »
Not all elected representatives are intellectually vacuous;

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-town-allows-teachers-carry-concealed-guns-081017416.html
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Anna

« Reply #127 on: December 21, 2012, 12:14:37 AM »

Ah , there's that L word again. The same type of people who will draft the wording on how our fundamental rights are to be removed from us.

Offline jjas

• Contributor
« Reply #128 on: December 21, 2012, 01:21:36 AM »

Ah , there's that L word again. The same type of people who will draft the wording on how our fundamental rights are to be removed from us.
All it would take is one accidental discharge in a school, or one kid getting their hands on a firearm that belonged to a teacher, resource officer or volunteer, or one accidental shooting and there would be legal/financial  h*ll to pay.  I don't like it anymore than you, but you can't ignore reality.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #129 on: December 21, 2012, 02:03:54 AM »
I wonder if any parents of these children are going to sue because of lack of security?  jjas, yes I can see your point, what with lawsuits over spilled coffee and such. But where do we draw the line between common sense and paranoia? Most school districts are stretched to the limit,money wise. With proper training, teachers and aids can form someline of defense between crazies like this kid was, and students. I realize that accidents occur, but, if everybody took that stance, you might as well close the doors on gun compay's,knife makers, car manufacturers,tool companys that make hammers, see my point. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline jjas

• Contributor
« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2012, 02:16:34 AM »
I wonder if any parents of these children are going to sue because of lack of security?  jjas, yes I can see your point, what with lawsuits over spilled coffee and such. But where do we draw the line between common sense and paranoia? Most school districts are stretched to the limit,money wise. With proper training, teachers and aids can form someline of defense between crazies like this kid was, and students. I realize that accidents occur, but, if everybody took that stance, you might as well close the doors on gun compay's,knife makers, car manufacturers,tool companys that make hammers, see my point. gypsyman
I'm sure @ some point some of the Sandy Hook parents will be approached (probably already have been) about some type of legal action against the school district.   If it happens, the district's insurance company would likely settle out of court.
I'll be shocked if the gunman's mother's estate doesn't end up with multiple suits filed against it as well.
Like I said earlier, I don't like this stuff, but it's the way it seems to work.  Sue/settle/collect a check........and then we all pay higher insurance costs and product costs because of it.
How do you stop it?  I wish I knew.

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2012, 09:47:43 AM »
I see no reason why the teachers couldn't receive some training from each stae law enforcement training organization and be come certifeid to carry in schools. Maybe not all of them, but those who have a proper mindset and are willing. Setting up another law enforcement agancy just to protect schools would cost billions and billions of dollars. While I don't think you can put a price on our children, common sense would dictate there aren't enough dollars around to hire security for every little podunk school house in the country. That leaves the teachers and staff as the last line of defense. You'd only need a couple per school, just enough to let the nutjobs know it is no longer the ultimate soft target. I imagine that most schools would have a couple with firearm experience willing to do it, well except maybe some of the liberal meccas.
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #132 on: December 26, 2012, 04:37:49 AM »
OF;
  There you go again..making perfectly logical sense..you KNOW that won't fly with liberals.. ;) ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #133 on: December 26, 2012, 12:01:55 PM »
I wanted to drive over and just pound him. But it's nOt worth the price of gasoline I would have spent..
and wouldn't have been worth the whuppin' you may have received, or your time in jail, or the knowledge that you'd assaulted someone for simply expressing an opinion.

glad you didn't do it.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #134 on: December 26, 2012, 12:38:20 PM »

i found this in my spam box
ewtown, Connecticut is the second Dunblane Primary-School Massacre.
Hide Details[/color]
From[/color][/size]
[/color]fremanfighter@dune.com
[/size]T

The primary-school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, approximately 45 miles from the Colt Arms Factory, is just another one in the long line of government psyops designed to persuade the public to allow the government to take away their guns, and their means to defend themselves against the government and the banksters that the politicians really serve.

The small children murders are designed to create hysterical emotions in women to get them to demand that guns are banned. If that doesn’t work they will continue with their evil agenda with worse and worse atrocities on younger children, until they get their way and disarm the people, so that they cannot fight back against government tyranny.

Newtown is the U.S.A.’s Dunblane, which was orchestrated in Scotland in 1996 by the British establishment, to whip up hysteria in order to ban all handguns from the U.K. It was a follow-up to the Hungerford Massacre in England in 1987, which was carried out by mind-controlled Michael Ryan, who then shot himself so he could not be questioned, and it was used to ban semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.

It’s always the same people behind it – the gun-grabbers who want the people to be defenceless against the gun-grabbers’ employers – the banksters who own all of the politicians. They get their politicians to pass legislation for them, in order to remove the people’s freedoms and means of defending themselves, and enslave them in a draconian police-state, under a mountain of debt, and then exterminate the useless-eaters.

The Dunblane  massacre was supposedly carried out by Thomas Hamilton, who was a paedophile and procurer of children, for a high level paedophile ring involving senior members of the Tony Blair Labour-Party shadow-cabinet and others. The massacre served two purposes, it achieved their desired handgun-ban and killed the abused children, so they could not be witnesses against the elite-paedophiles. They then had the findings of the inquiry sealed for 100 years, which is proof of the above.

Like Newtown there were two shooters, Hamilton and a hit-man who shot Hamilton and made it look like Hamilton committed suicide after shooting 16 children, so that he couldn’t be questioned. Hamilton was found in the school gymnasium slumped against a wall and still gurgling, when an off-duty policeman PC Grant McCutcheon entered the gym and saw two semi-automatic pistols, one on either side of Hamilton’s body.

The autopsy revealed that Hamilton was killed with a .38 revolver. These people always slip-up with their crimes. There was no .38 revolver for him to have shot himself with. Thus, there was a second shooter who killed Hamilton.

Similarly, the first reports from Newtown were of two shooters, just like mind-controlled James Holmes in the Denver Batman Cinema massacre, the story then quickly changes to just one.

Columbine was similar, in that a team of shooters in black outfits were seen there and the two accused were on mind-altering prescription-drugs.

Wake up and see the pattern and their modus operandi and don’t fall for it. Never let them take your guns, except from your cold dead hands.

All of these are staged events to whip-up hysterical public support for banning the people from having guns. It works the same in every country – Hungerford in England, Dunblane in Scotland, Port Arthur in Australia and the list in America is endless, because of the Second Amendment and the people having a pro-gun culture. That makes it much more difficult to break the Americans’ love of guns and the Second Amendment, which was put in place to protect the people from the government.

Gun bans work well for tyrants. They worked well for Hitler, Stalin and Chairman Mao, to name just three.

If you want to stop these massacres, wake-up and get rid of the banksters, their puppet-politicians and all gun-grabbers; arm teachers and ban gun-free zones.

From one who can see the pattern and hopes to enable you to see it too.

when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2012, 12:44:57 PM »
Scoot says:
  " Looks like changes are definitely coming.  Legislators cannot even reach an understanding of what formal definition of a "Assualt" weapon is yet legislation is already being crafted."
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

No problem...  They will probably be ordered to... "pass it, so they can find out what's in it!"

Then they will line up to pass it...just like a row of baby ducks.. ::) :P