Author Topic: At least 26 dead in Connecticut-'  (Read 5001 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
At least 26 dead in Connecticut-'
« on: December 14, 2012, 07:08:50 AM »
   .  A heartbreaking thing for the families and community..also bad news for us as gun owners...
   It is said the killer came from NJ.. with a Glock and a Sig Sauer.. 
   Since our gun rights are under fire already..I expect some day for a "false flag" operation by terrorists or some foreign threat, hoping to get the American public disarmed.  I don't see any far left anti having the stones to make such a suicide run..just to kill the 2nd amendment.     Surely, any potential enemy, either foreign or domestic would like Americans to be disarmed.  As gun owners, we will have to now expect an all-out assault against our rights..

Coincidently; two public shootings the same week as Obama's anti-gun list comes out:
    http://www.pakalertpress.com/2012/11/22/obamas-gun-ban-list-is-out/
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Draxx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: At least 26 dead in Connecticut-'
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 07:14:27 AM »
You can certainly expect political haymaking out of this tragedy.

Offline 308Win

• Avid Poster
  • US ARMY-1956-1968,the rest I don't remember!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 07:31:15 AM »
Well this is the powder Obama needs,too shoot for his gun control agenda..
How much money must we spend before we learn to concentrate on the front sight?"Col Jeff Cooper"

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 07:40:15 AM »
I heard that the Israelis either allow, or require teachers and their administrators to carry while on the job.  That might be a good thing for any country that is confronted with terrorism from within and without.  When was the last time a cop shop had a mass shooting?
Swingem

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 07:40:31 AM »
Grim news. I love my daughters, am grateful for them, and look forward to seeing them this weekend. And I'm remembering how I was a criminal for carrying a weapon with me when I dropped my daughter off at school years ago, and remember how stupid that law is, and am thinking right now that the murderers knew they would not face armed opposition.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 07:49:45 AM »
  Many combat vets in college right now, perhaps studying to be teachers.  Test them psychologically, get them hired and armed..they are  perhaps best prepared to handle such a confrontation..
      For any murderous individual who plans mass slaughter, a school is a great place to rack up a score.  The killer knows for sure nobody will be on hand to stop him..
  We never see such a mass killing at a firing range, police convention, or gun show...  ever wonder why?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline gstewart44

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 07:50:04 AM »
Dunblane, Scotland; Port Arthur, Australia;  Virginia Tech, Columbine, Aurora, Clackamas............be ready for the anti's and the legislators to call for draconian restrictions followed by confiscation of any semi autos.     
I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less. (Gus McCrae)

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 07:53:18 AM »
No worries. Jay Carney is already on it. they are not going to waste a tragedy:

Renewing the assault weapons ban "does remain a commitment" of the president's, Carney said, but he added that the day of an apparent mass shooting isn't the best time to discuss policy. "Today is not the day to ... engage in the usual Washington policy debates," he said. "I think that day will come, but today's not that day, especially as we are awaiting more information about the situation."
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/12/obama-briefed-on-connecticut-school-shooting-152007.html?hp=t3_3

I guees handguns are "assualt weapons" now.

Since no one used a gun I guess we will hear very little about how someone staged a mass stabbing with an assualt knife at a school in China and wounded 22. http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/world/asia/china-knife-attack/index.html

Man those school safety zones are the best! No one ever gets hurt at a school! I mean a school is almost as safe as a post office!

Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline magooch

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 08:09:18 AM »
I know for at least a while, every social security office had security guards and as far as I know, so do most court houses.  How hard would it be to have a little security at a school?  Maybe a strategically placed donut shop on the school grounds should be considered.
Swingem

Offline YRUpunting?

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 08:18:43 AM »
Reports are out a 223 rifle was recovered at the school. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 08:23:39 AM »
prayers for the family today tomorrow will be soon enough to debate the facts .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 08:24:03 AM »
something that seems like it's being ignored is the explanation of the difference between a hand gun and an "Assault weapon"...

are they interpreting a semi-auto handgun as an assault weapon?

i don't think it matters to legislators...you can rest assured there WILL BE forthcoming anti gun legislation introduced state and nationwide.
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline Bob Riebe

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 08:26:26 AM »
I heard on the radio he fired hundreds of rounds.

Offline 8uck5nort

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • A Real Regular
  • Trying to improve myself one shot at a time.
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 08:29:31 AM »
Bantering aside. There will be some very bitter Christmas or Holiday celebrations this year.
I am a gun owner, but even I have to admit giving pause and wondering  "what can really be done" to curb these sensational shootings especially when it involves young children. The most innocent among us.
I cherish the 2nd Amendment and believe it to be my and my childrens birth right. However, we cannot continue as law abiding gun owners to ignore the carnage. I don't know what the right answers are. Maybe a tax on something to provide security guards for all schools?  Maybe a "program" to provide combat/anti-terrorist training to teachers and faculity? I know I will probably get flamed for this. However, I am a father of 3 grown boys, and if this had happened to them whil they were just little kids and they got murdered at school I don't know if I would be holding the same views I do today. Something to ponder.
Cartridges for My Entertainment: .22 S,L,LR, .223 Rem, 7x57, 30-06, 8x57, 357 mag/max, 35 Remington/Indiana, 35 Whelen, 44 mag, 445 SM mag. Adding the 6.5x55 swede!

Offline houndrunner

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 08:32:46 AM »
IN side job ! >:(

Offline lakota

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 08:45:31 AM »
You can say that some people are just born evil but why does it seem that there are so many that were born evil now days? Is it violent  video games or violent movies and TV? It could be. Are they born evil or are they made evil by life? I don't know but I know a teenager who has taken in a hefty dose of both violent games and violent movies and he is quite sadistic and enjoys torturing animals and I am not talking about hunting. He likes to torment and torture them. Could he go on to be a mass murderer like this?
There is something fundamentally wrong and broken with society and no law and no tax, no form or amount of government intervention is going to repair it. Attacking elementary school age kids has to be quite possibly the height of cowardice.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 08:52:27 AM »
...... I know a teenager who has taken in a hefty dose of both violent games and violent movies and he is quite sadistic and enjoys torturing animals and I am not talking about hunting. He likes to torment and torture them. Could he go on to be a mass murderer like this?

The answer is yes.
And you as an adult if you know of a  teenager who tortures animals you need to ensure authorities are aware. Teens who torture animals are more apt to become serial killers. This is well documented through FBI interviews with known serial killers. Most started with animals and graduated  to people later in life. Kids who torture animals are not to be taken lightly. Professional intervention is needed.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 08:56:09 AM »

I cherish the 2nd Amendment and believe it to be my and my childrens birth right. However, we cannot continue as law abiding gun owners to ignore the carnage. I don't know what the right answers are. Maybe a tax on something to provide security guards for all schools?  Maybe a "program" to provide combat/anti-terrorist training to teachers and faculity? I know I will probably get flamed for this.
No by me.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline lakota

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 08:57:43 AM »
He is already "in the system" so to speak. Now what the system does with the info is the question of the day.

Offline Larry L

• A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 09:20:43 AM »
I'm sure that a lot of you frequent other forums. Make sure to take the bite out of the Democrats bid for your guns by identifying this nut case as an insane person....which he obviously was. Make sure that the GUN is not the issue but a crazy moron that killed the kids. Prayers to all of the families. I can't imagine life without my kids.

Offline Doc Brown.

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 09:42:32 AM »
My first thought is always to have teachers packing but that wouldn't stop this from happening again.  We need better gun control that would prevent a lunatic from owning a gun and hold accountable anyone who let there gun fall into the hand of a lunatic.

Offline tmccray45

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 09:46:34 AM »
I urge all to re-read what 8uck5nort said above.  All his thoughts have been echoed many times in my head when our Nation goes through one of these tragedies.   I just wish I had the answer to peacefully resolve the conflicts that rampage through the heads of some among us.

As the father of two beautiful daughters, and now the proud grandpa of two beautiful granddaughters, I too cannot imagine what the families are going through.  Hopefully, I will NEVER know.

Today is a time to remember the children, both taken and those alive, and the families involved.  Even the family of the shooter.

Horrible.  Just horrible.
"Work: The New Retirement"

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 09:48:09 AM »
My first thought is always to have teachers packing but that wouldn't stop this from happening again.  We need better gun control that would prevent a lunatic from owning a gun and hold accountable anyone who let there gun fall into the hand of a lunatic.

No controling the law abiding has never worked . Better to ID the mental case and either fix the problem or remove the problem to a place they won't harm others.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Swift One

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 09:49:44 AM »
  Bantering aside. There will be some very bitter Christmas or Holiday celebrations this year.
I am a gun owner, but even I have to admit giving pause and wondering  "what can really be done" to curb these sensational shootings especially when it involves young children. The most innocent among us.
I cherish the 2nd Amendment and believe it to be my and my childrens birth right. However, we cannot continue as law abiding gun owners to ignore the carnage. I don't know what the right answers are. Maybe a tax on something to provide security guards for all schools?  Maybe a "program" to provide combat/anti-terrorist training to teachers and faculity? I know I will probably get flamed for this. However, I am a father of 3 grown boys, and if this had happened to them whil they were just little kids and they got murdered at school I don't know if I would be holding the same views I do today. Something to ponder.

No flaming here.  When I read about this tragedy...this disgusting tragedy, I had no thoughts about the antis getting fuel for their fire. This isnt about my own agendas- over a dozen small children lost their lives today.

My heart sank into my belly as I started to think about those small children that will not be coming home from school today- or ever.  I am not a parent so I cannot even imagine the horror and sorrow those parents are going to endure.  I feel such an incredible amount of sorrow for them. This is unbelievable. It actually made my stomach hurt.  It's one thing to read about teens shooting teens or adults shooting up adults.  That's bad enough.  But for a grown man to enter an elementary school and indiscriminatley kill such small and innocent children- let alone the innocent adults- that deeply hurts me.

This is a very sad day.  I myself have taken pause and asked, "What can really be done to stop this?"
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline lakota

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 10:07:26 AM »
I have read that the another body was found at the whacko's house and that his mother was a teacher at this school and he killed her and most of the damage was done to her class.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 10:09:25 AM »

TM
 Well, one thing to do is get the side effects of these psyche meds out in the open....its criminal that these shooters are on psyche meds and it always gets covered up..Psyche meds kill people....++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
i talked to my daughter.....her daughter is in kindergarten...sophea  like the little girl the intervied

her  response was, ''why can't the teachers be armed''.....guess  i am proud of the way i raised her

we discussed the rash  of guys her age flipping out and killing people.....3 recently in early 20s

she  has been studying psycology  and she is convinced..its ritalin and other ADD drugs

she stated some other cases of this.....when  they go  off  the ADD drugs

sure  many come off the drugs  ok....but millions are on these drugs

when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline lakota

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 10:11:30 AM »
 Well, one thing to do is get the side effects of these psyche meds out in the open....its criminal that these shooters are on psyche meds and it always gets covered up..Psyche meds kill people...
news update:
The gunman, identified as Ryan Lanza, 24, of Hoboken, N.J., also was found dead at the scene, a federal law enforcement official said. Lanza's mother is a kindergarten teacher at the Newtown, Conn., school, and it's inside her classroom where most of the casualties took place, according to WNBC's Jonathan Dienst.
 Now they haven't come out and said this guy was on psyche meds, yet...and probably will cover up that fact.
.TM7

And TM7 is on to something here. Go look it up for yourselves if you dont believe it. Almost always the side effects include agitation, hallucinations, aggressive tendencies and increased risk of suicide. To top it of doctors hand these pills out like candy.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 10:22:21 AM »
From our President:

We’ve endured too many of these tragedies in the past few years. And each time I learn the news, I react not as a president, but as anybody else would as a parent. And that was especially true today. I know there’s not a parent in America who doesn’t feel the same overwhelming grief that I do. The majority of those who died today were children -- beautiful, little kids between the ages of 5 and 10 years old. They had their entire lives ahead of them -- birthdays, graduations, weddings, kids of their own.

Among the fallen were also teachers, men and women who devoted their lives to helping our children fulfill their dreams.So our hearts are broken today for the parents and grandparents, sisters and brothers of these little children, and for the families of the adults who were lost.Our hearts are broken for the parents of the survivors, as well, for as blessed as they are to have their children home tonight, they know that their children’s innocence has been torn away from them too early and there are no words that will ease their pain.As a country, we have been through this too many times. Whether it is an elementary school in Newtown, or a shopping mall in Oregon, or a temple in Wisconsin, or a movie theater in Aurora, or a street corner in Chicago, these neighborhoods are our neighborhoods and these children are our children. And we’re going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics.

This evening, Michelle and I will do what I know every parent in America will do, which is hug our children a little tighter, and we’ll tell them that we love them, and we’ll remind each other how deeply we love one another. But there are families in Connecticut who cannot do that tonight, and they need all of us right now. In the hard days to come, that community needs us to be at our best as Americans, and I will do everything in my power as president to help, because while nothing can fill the space of a lost child or loved one, all of us can extend a hand to those in need, to remind them that we are there for them, that we are praying for them, that the love they felt for those they lost endures not just in their memories, but also in ours.

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2012, 10:46:15 AM »
Watching MSNBC now, just for the far left viewpoint. They're pretty certain that this event, coupled with the presidents words, will be be the event that brings about stricter gun legislations. I think also, that this will be the case..  sad though, as once again, a bunch of nuts actions will be used to demonize the law abiding gun owners of America.

What I wonder, is what has changed in this country and why. 30 years ago, noone had ever heard of such a thing. We used to take our shotguns to school, locked in our trunks and then went dove hunting with our vice principal after school. Guess those days are long gone.  :(     thoughts and prayer to the families.  j
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2012, 11:00:45 AM »
Schizophrenia and bi-polar doesn't show up in people until their early 20's.  Ridlin might also be a problem.  This needs to be studied.  I believe ANYONE who has ADD, or is diagnoised with any type of mental disorder, should be put on the no gun list.  The doctors should be required to report anyone on medications or has these type of mental disorders should not be allowd to buy a gun.  Now, stealing a gun etc involves another crime.  Like the guy in Oregon, his was stolen.  Don't know about this guy.  Just like the guy in Colorado and at VA Tech, they should have been reported by their doctors and not allowed to buy guns.  I think the law already states this, but doctors never report these people to the FBI to get on the no buy list on the computers.  I think the doctors should be held accountable if they do not report this if they believe the person might be a danger to themselves or others.  Also, how did the guy get in the door with guns unless he had a heavy or big coat on.  Arming the teachers would have solved part of the problem.  Only a few would have been killed before he was taken out.