Author Topic: CT school shooting  (Read 2092 times)

Offline redleg11b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
CT school shooting
« on: December 14, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »
My thoughts and prayers for those that suffered loss, the first responders, and our legislators.
H&R: .223, 20ga, .357, Sportster LR
Cricket LR

Offline buffermop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: CT school shooting
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 10:37:19 AM »
This stupid act is fueling the confiscations of guns from this country.The anti's have the momentem going after this senseless act.

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 11:04:50 AM »
I'd give up all my guns for one of those children back. 

Offline redleg11b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 11:07:03 AM »
As would I.  I would also do life in prison to have had a gun there in violation of law to defend them.
H&R: .223, 20ga, .357, Sportster LR
Cricket LR

Offline PR

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 11:37:48 AM »
We need to pray for all those that suffered loss and also pray for those leaders at all levels: local, state, and national as we go forward. Pray that they use God's "wisdom and discernment" in their responses to this tragedy as well.
Rev. H. Ric Van Dine

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 12:11:47 PM »
As would I.  I would also do life in prison to have had a gun there in violation of law to defend them.

Sadly had you defended those children with a gun you probably would do life. They would probably come down on you harder than they would come down on the shooter.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 12:58:58 PM »
Lakota:  maybe, maybe not but truely, you have no choice, absolutely no choice whatsoever in a horrendous situation like this brutal tragedy, you simply have no choice, you must act.  You may well be the only hope.

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 01:07:56 PM »
I would like to hear the back story on this shooter.  I wounder how long people have been looking the other way with him?
As a dad I feel terrible for the loss of these kids that will never have a chance to grow up.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 01:25:33 PM »
I believe this viscious act against our little innocent children will be another detrimental tool in chipping away at our independence in this country. 
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline t-reg

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 03:05:06 PM »
This stupid act is fueling the confiscations of guns from this country.The anti's have the momentem going after this senseless act.

Yup, very little is known, very little is being consistently reported.  But what we DO know and what IS consistently reported is that he had a Bushmaster .223, a Glock 9mm pistol and a Sig Sauer 9mm pistol.

The media's off to a running start.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 08:37:25 PM »
NYT has an article out that found some fragments of info on the shooter.  Sounds like he was "off" socially, a loner who was very uncomfortable among people, talked and acted a bit strangely and mostly kept to himself.  More will come out  I'm sure.  Sad that the nut was apparently recognized by the school principal and allowed to enter the locked school.

Still I wonder what has been setting off so many murderers lately.  I sure hope he didn't decide to one-up that fool in Oregon.

Now days with cable TV, Internet, Video Games etc, a person can totally immerse themselves in whatever fascinates them to the  near total exclusion of the rest of the world.  I can't help wonder if some are drawn to the sick violent stuff and get so deep in it they no longer see or feel the humans around them. Could it be that after "playing" it so long they want something more "real".  Especially that they then shoot themselves. Total nihilist despair.  And if this is part of the problem what can reasonably done about it?

This probably will tip the balance and we can expect to face a storm of proposed regulations. We seem to have far too many nut-jobs one step away from mass murder.  I can understand the antis view, the ready availability of large cap magazines sure makes it easy for a whacko to cause unspeakable destruction in seconds.

And yeah the gun model panic has begun. Lots of whoop about the arm used in Oregon and this as if some have magically more evil than others.  Not a good discussion to get into from any angle tho.

Sure do wonder if the more we purge Christianity from our society the more of this stuff we get.

God help the survivors and please stop any more of this stuff.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline CB lastmanout

• Trade Count: (41)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 10:41:53 PM »

the more we purge Christianity from our society the more of this stuff we get.

[/quote

Agreed.

Offline 308Win

• Avid Poster
  • US ARMY-1956-1968,the rest I don't remember!
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 05:26:08 AM »
WOW,Look more nut jobs..

How much money must we spend before we learn to concentrate on the front sight?"Col Jeff Cooper"

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 05:43:48 AM »

Agreed.

Disagree. We're supposedly the the most 'Christian' country in the world, according to some - a light shining on the hill? - and still this happens. I wouldn't blame it on the non-religious, or on people who contest what they view as religious conformity.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 06:07:42 AM »

Agreed.

Disagree. We're supposedly the the most 'Christian' country in the world, according to some - a light shining on the hill? - and still this happens. I wouldn't blame it on the non-religious, or on people who contest what they view as religious conformity.

Don't Bet on it Yellowtail!

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 06:25:07 AM »
Many ask why God would allow this to happen in a school. That answer from God would be:You did not welcome me in any of your schools.So where I am not welcome, I shall not be. We need prayer back in schools and government if we are to succeed.Pray, everyone, pray!!

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 07:18:23 AM »
Many ask why God would allow this to happen in a school. That answer from God would be:You did not welcome me in any of your schools.So where I am not welcome, I shall not be. We need prayer back in schools and government if we are to succeed.Pray, everyone, pray!!
Do I understand your position to be, that God would have preserved the lives of those children if there was more officially-sanctioned praying in that school, or in school in general?

I hope that's not it... that God sends murder our way, or lifts his 'protection', if we're not praying.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline FourBee

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 07:43:46 AM »
Being a father of the children of your household, because you love them , would you ignore their disobedience and dishonoring you at every convenience?  You would probably show them that the path they have chosen is one of self destruction by giving them an example of your choice.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 01:58:28 PM »
Call me cynical, I've got a duck's back hide ;)  I can imagine a certain bunch of individuals secretly being glad over this so they can push their anti gun objective.Instead of stocking up on more fixed ammo you might want to look at single shot rifles or ML's. Legislation will come down because of this.

Even the "pointy heads" up here are mumbling again.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Old Moss

• Avid Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 05:17:49 AM »
My friends this is an event that there are no words which can describe the horror and sadness caused by this evil act. It is about 27 children and teachers who have died innocently.  We ask why this happened, yet we forget that there is true evil in this world which requires no reason other than for its own sake.  Our faith in God is our only - first and last - line of defense, pray and teach our children to pray.  As for guns well that is a gift of wisdom and freedom given to us by our forefathers one which i will defend with all of my might, it is a constitutional right, which I will lay down my life for along with all the others given to us.

We need to focus on the families of those who have lost so much we need to grieve and send out our love and prayers - this is what they need!!!  Those who, in the sake of "doing the right thing" use this to further there own goals are wrong!!!  This is now not about us or them, only the family's and lost children are our concerns.  Much has changed in this world, it will not always be good; but we the people will not let it take root and grow!!!!
Best regards, be safe, and keep your powder dry!
Thanks Old Moss

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 08:47:37 AM »
Let me ask this question. If one of those murdered kids was yours, what would be your stand on gun control and bringing back prayer in school?

Offline thumper113

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Contributor
CT school shooting
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 09:05:59 AM »
Let me ask this question. If one of those murdered kids was yours, what would be your stand on gun control and bringing back prayer in school?

My stand would be that the current gun laws aren't working and more laws would have just been more broken.

1) they weren't his guns
2) he wasn't old enough to buy the pistols
3) schools are gun free zones

More gun control laws won't protect my grandkids.

The school had just increased its security and the principal buzzed him in.

Armed security is where we're going to have to go.  Someone has to be able to shoot back.

They do it at a school to cause the maximum outrage and to be remembered.  Gun laws aren't going to stop them.  You take away all guns and they'll just use a knife like in China.

Someone has to be ready to stop them.

As for school prayer, it used to be my right.  My cousin was a Jehovah's Witness and didn't participate but it was his right not too.  We didn't tell him he had to and he didn't tell us we couldn't.
God Bless Our Troops!

Offline Old Moss

• Avid Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 11:48:28 AM »
Thumper 113,  I could not say it better and I fully concur! 

Oh I did want to comment on the the thread that referred to "if God was present" and "how could He let this happen".  He was there and it was God's arms the children fell into and they are with Him now in Heaven; I know this in my heart!!!  Why is there evil in the world? I do not know; but what I do know is, that I must pray to God and ask that he guide me and give me strength and wisdom to do His will.  I mean no disrespect to anyone this is very much from my heart and something which I cannot be silent about any longer. Old Moss
Best regards, be safe, and keep your powder dry!
Thanks Old Moss

Offline Anna

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 11:57:57 AM »
You are saying the right things Old Moss.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 02:58:14 PM »
Gun laws aren't going to stop them.  You take away all guns and they'll just use a knife like in China.

If you take away the guns they will probably still use guns to commit these mass murders. Take away the guns and it will create a large underground market for guns. Guns will be as easy to buy as illegal drugs are to buy now.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline FourBee

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 03:26:56 PM »

Oh I did want to comment on the the thread that referred to "if God was present" and "how could He let this happen".  He was there and it was God's arms the children fell into and they are with Him now in Heaven; I know this in my heart!!!  Why is there evil in the world? I do not know; but what I do know is, that I must pray to God and ask that he guide me and give me strength and wisdom to do His will. I mean no disrespect to anyone this is very much from my heart and something which I cannot be silent about any longer. Old Moss

Amen!

Offline FourBee

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 03:31:28 PM »

Oh I did want to comment on the the thread that referred to "if God was present" and "how could He let this happen".  He was there and it was God's arms the children fell into and they are with Him now in Heaven; I know this in my heart!!!  Why is there evil in the world? I do not know; but what I do know is, that I must pray to God and ask that he guide me and give me strength and wisdom to do His will.  I mean no disrespect to anyone this is very much from my heart and something which I cannot be silent about any longer. Old Moss

Amen, Old Moss

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 05:01:40 PM »
Gun laws aren't going to stop them.  You take away all guns and they'll just use a knife like in China.

If you take away the guns they will probably still use guns to commit these mass murders. Take away the guns and it will create a large underground market for guns. Guns will be as easy to buy as illegal drugs are to buy now.

Gun control will turn the nation into one gun-free zone for the law abiding.  So how do gun-free zones work?  Evidently, not so good.  Gun-free nations didn't fare too well either.  Look at the last century. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2012, 05:10:42 PM »
Tonight at the commercial, Pierce Morgan said, "Coming up, the next topic.  What do we do about the guns?" the Brit asks the viewer, eyes twinkling with a bird-like face.  He is determined to turn us into Britain and he has the airtime!   >:(
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline Anna

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 12:26:45 AM »
I can't believe the media is posting the photos and the names of these slain children. This whole
thing is becomeing a media and gun grabbing circus freak show.
There needs to be some time for mourning and reflection in this, but what we are seeing reeks of
staged events and agendas. And our collective media and political attitude is not going unnoticed
elsewhere. Pravda is calling us heartless pre madonnas , Germany where they are relaxing some
gun laws and permits is asking what is wrong with us ? The Swiss are wondering why we are
sensationalizing such a tragity instead of addressing the problem in a sane mannor.

Mexico with its cartel violence has things like this happen all of the time, and a lot of good any gun
control has done for them ! Australia still knows the guns are out there, but can't seem to find them
or get her people to turn them in through any grace periods. Japan's mafia still is shooting each other
up with yearly body counts much higher than this. The difference is, there medias say nothing if very
little about it. It's the same in the UK, where black market firearms are a big problem.
This is agenda driven plain and simple,gun control anywhere else has not worked except where it
effects the law abiding. And in some places like Mexico the body count has skyrocketed and usually
involves the innocent.