Author Topic: CT school shooting  (Read 2081 times)

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
Re: CT school shooting
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 02:47:55 AM »
I am sure that our benevolent leaders believe that the only reason a gun ban  in any country it has been tried hasn't worked yet is because they haven't been in charge of it.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 03:28:55 AM »
From info that has come out it seems that this guy was not quite right and his mom was at wits end trying to get him help. I don't think this is a gun issue but a mental health issue that this country no longer addresses. But then you have to wounder about the mother who had these guns in the home with a young man that needed help and did not secure them.
When my two girls were young mine were in my reloading/gun room behind a locked door ( very well locked) and it stayed that way until they grew up and moved out.
I think there is some Merritt to the kill every thing games, his mental state and the guns being easy to get from his home that made this happen. The rest of us will most likely foot the bill for what these nuts have done in the few years

Offline Hairy Chest

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 07:27:40 AM »
What else do you expect from a nation that celebrates war?  American children have been addicted to violence on TV and video games.  Ever since the Iraq disaster, games like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto are advertised on billboards and the side of buses.  Television is saturated this holiday with sick bloody movies like the Walking Dead which the American family TV audience is shown people being executed short range with all the blood and gore that ensues. 

Likewise, the nation's President feigns tears at a press conference for the Conn. victims, but what is the official policy on the President's drones?  If you are a small child living in a hut in Afghanistan or Pakistan your family and you are being targeted by professional government run video gamers who think it is OK to push a button and blow you and your family up to smithereens. 

Then we have the educational system which attempts to put many children on medications that make them crazy.  But not a peep is heard in the media about the meds the shooter must have been on. 

Not a peep about the meds, not a peep about the killing of children by drones by this government and little mention of the sick TV and video games Americans are exposed to daily. 

Why does something terrible happen like in Conn.?  It is a result of what we feed our young, and what we are feeding them is government and media sanctioned killing on TV and video games, real and fantasy and dominance by the prescription drug industry that wants to bend the minds of our young so it can make a profit while our people turn into zombies who occasionally flip out and do violence.  Three big industries:  defense, entertainment and drug companies, that want to make this a gun control issue.

Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 08:35:16 AM »

HC:

Excellent,  +1
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 09:08:57 AM »
But then you have to wounder about the mother who had these guns in the home with a young man that needed help and did not secure them.

Don't be so quick to blame the mother. How do we know for sure that her weapons were not locked away from her lunatic son?
Remember-he murdered her and took her weapons. Once she is dead she can no longer maintain control of her weapons wether she had them locked up or not. If some whack job goes and murders his neighbor and then steals the neighbor's guns and goes on a killing spree should we blame the neighbor? There one and only one person to blame in this mass murder and it aint mom.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 10:05:52 AM »
would have been far better if the gun only had a 5 shot capacity than 30.I hope Obama gets these people killers out of circulation. They are not a hunting weapon. >:(

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 10:27:43 AM »

HC:

Excellent,  +1

What do we do about the killing of children by drones?  These children would be going to graduations, weddings, birthdays, etc.  But they aren't alive now because President Obama stopped their lives short.  The Nobel Peace Prize winner.   >:(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2249252/Brandon-Bryant-Drone-operator-followed-orders-shoot-child--decided-quit.html
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »
Hairy has some very valid points..but the antis are very good at..IGNORING THE MANY ELEPHANTS STANDING IN THE ROOM.

Hairy has posted some of the obvious elephants...and I posted more on another thread ..as follows:
  In America, guns have always been available, still a few decades ago..murder was very rare.  School massacres are only a couple decades old at best.. Something else is going on!
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
 So, if guns were always available... what is different ?   Here's a list of what is different over the last 4 decades..take your choice:

1) As Magooch pointed out, life itself was greatly cheapened in 1973, by Roe vs Wade.

2) Divorce always hurts the children..it seems as though nobody ever asks the children if it is OK for Dad and Mom to divorce.  The incidence of divorce has risen exponentially since the 1960s.  Most of these shooters experienced a painful pareental divorce.

3) TM had a very valid point..drugs..ridlin etc are murderous..the has been a huge rise in the use of drugs in the last 4 decades..both legal and illegal drugs.

4) In very recent years even entertainment has taken upon itself a murderous cast..vampires, werewolves and zombies are very popular fare.  Likely, a kid on mind bending drugs could convince himself he was shooting "zombies".

5) popular songs celebrate murder, mistreating women and highlights other vices.

6) Some video games seem to promote the thirst for mayhem..some seem to portray exactly this kind of activity, to the point where a confused young mind may consider such an act as "normal" or "cool"..

7) The last 40 years has seen a great movement away from Godly values, towartd a selfish, self-centered "me-ism".  Many have forgotten what common morals and values are. For some, respect for God and for others is a non-starter.

8) The age-old controlling factor of "shame" seems to be of little effect anymore.  Young people often boast about sleazy activities which would have left young people of 4 decades ago..mortified in shame. .

Many of our young are awash in a degraded lifestyle, not corrected by, in fact often influenced by... their parents
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline FourBee

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 03:27:53 PM »
Hairy has some very valid points..but the antis are very good at..IGNORING THE MANY ELEPHANTS STANDING IN THE ROOM.

Hairy has posted some of the obvious elephants...and I posted more on another thread ..as follows:
  In America, guns have always been available, still a few decades ago..murder was very rare.  School massacres are only a couple decades old at best.. Something else is going on!
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
 So, if guns were always available... what is different ?   Here's a list of what is different over the last 4 decades..take your choice:

1) As Magooch pointed out, life itself was greatly cheapened in 1973, by Roe vs Wade.
X: SIN

2) Divorce always hurts the children..it seems as though nobody ever asks the children if it is OK for Dad and Mom to divorce.  The incidence of divorce has risen exponentially since the 1960s.  Most of these shooters experienced a painful pareental divorce.

3) TM had a very valid point..drugs..ridlin etc are murderous..the has been a huge rise in the use of drugs in the last 4 decades..both legal and illegal drugs.
X:SIN

4) In very recent years even entertainment has taken upon itself a murderous cast..vampires, werewolves and zombies are very popular fare.  Likely, a kid on mind bending drugs could convince himself he was shooting "zombies".

5) popular songs celebrate murder, mistreating women and highlights other vices.

6) Some video games seem to promote the thirst for mayhem..some seem to portray exactly this kind of activity, to the point where a confused young mind may consider such an act as "normal" or "cool"..

7) The last 40 years has seen a great movement away from Godly values, towartd a selfish, self-centered "me-ism".  Many have forgotten what common morals and values are. For some, respect for God and for others is a non-starter.

8) The age-old controlling factor of "shame" seems to be of little effect anymore.  Young people often boast about sleazy activities which would have left young people of 4 decades ago..mortified in shame. .

Many of our young are awash in a degraded lifestyle, not corrected by, in fact often influenced by... their parents

ironglow, it looks to me, (and it's just my opinion mind you), that all 7 points you listed, and I checked, are sins according to the standards of the Holy Bible of which I am compelled to repentance.
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline 1911crazy

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 09:50:32 AM »
They recently passed a large capacity mag bill here in CT.  We have one of the strictest gun laws in the country.  When i'm out of state at another gun show i can oly purchase guns thru a CT dealer from an out of state seller/dealer.  I go thru a background check even with my CCW permit.  These people have no clue as to what there saying against gun show sales.  Its not called large capacity clips its called large capacity mags.  Stripper Clips run between 5rd to 10rds. only.

Offline dmd1911

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2012, 04:39:17 AM »
This whole thing is so sickening....I am 56 years old...never thought I would see someting like this...alot of this stuff starts at home..and at school....when I was young, and got in trouble at school...my ass got paddled...and guess what...when I got home..it got busted again...we had discipline, that we respected...we said our prayers in the morning, and we paid respect to our flag and country...now we cant do this anymore because we are violating someones civil rights..holy crap...as a family we ate our meals together..and watched TV only when we were all done....we watched Roy Rogers tame the west..and I dont think he ever killed anyone? We went to church together..and in the afternoon we always took a trip in the country together...we left our doors unlocked..try this one now! As corny as this sounds..it starts at home...church..and school..what do we do? where do we turn?I love my country, and its people..we are in major trouble here..we will never be taken over by a hostile country..we will do this to ourselves internally...I was in the VA hospital the other day visiting for the holidays..I was speaking to a old gentleman that was in the Pacific his teary eyed remark to me was " those little children did'nt have to die..that is what we did for this nation and it's people, and all of this makes no sense to me" Leaves me with a heavy heart

Offline FourBee

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2012, 05:42:08 AM »
This whole thing is so sickening....I am 56 years old...never thought I would see someting like this...alot of this stuff starts at home..and at school....when I was young, and got in trouble at school...my ass got paddled...and guess what...when I got home..it got busted again...we had discipline, that we respected...we said our prayers in the morning, and we paid respect to our flag and country...now we cant do this anymore because we are violating someones civil rights..holy crap...as a family we ate our meals together..and watched TV only when we were all done....we watched Roy Rogers tame the west..and I dont think he ever killed anyone? We went to church together..and in the afternoon we always took a trip in the country together...we left our doors unlocked..try this one now! As corny as this sounds..it starts at home...church..and school..what do we do? where do we turn?I love my country, and its people..we are in major trouble here..we will never be taken over by a hostile country..we will do this to ourselves internally...I was in the VA hospital the other day visiting for the holidays..I was speaking to a old gentleman that was in the Pacific his teary eyed remark to me was " those little children did'nt have to die..that is what we did for this nation and it's people, and all of this makes no sense to me" Leaves me with a heavy heart

8)   Me and almost 50% of this nation can agree with you.  It's the other 50+% that don't give a rip about what we think. Good post my friend.
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.