Author Topic: You cannot make another post...  (Read 12694 times)

Offline VTDW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.geocities.com/vtdw336/great_outdoors.html
You cannot make another post...
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2004, 03:35:43 PM »
And I will ask my friend IntrepidWizard NOT to respond to the obvious bait!!!  Jeeze!  Here we are as guests at this forum and we should all act as much like gentlemen as possible.  I for one appreciate the welcome we have received here.  It seems that some here have already been booted from another forum since MT crashed.  Talk about embarrasing. :oops:

Dave
www.marlinowners.com
How did I get over the hill without getting to the top?

http://photobucket.com/albums/v354/vtdw1/

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2004, 04:08:21 PM »
170 posts in 5 days, and it aint even over yet. Why would ANYONE want, or need, to post more than once every 2 minutes? Ridiculous. POWDERMAN.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline VTDW

• A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2004, 04:12:38 PM »
And I will ask my friend IntrepidWizard NOT to respond to the obvious bait!!!  Jeeze! Here we are as guests at this forum and we should all act as much like gentlemen as possible.  I for one appreciate the welcome we have received here.  It seems that some here have already been booted from another forum since MT crashed.  Talk about embarrasing.  :oops:  

Dave

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2004, 04:14:30 PM »
Quote from: powderman
170 posts in 5 days, and it aint even over yet. Why would ANYONE want, or need, to post more than once every 2 minutes? Ridiculous. POWDERMAN.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:
Dali Llama say he kindly and respectfully suggest that powderman, like IntrepidWizard, tend to own business and not lose sleep over number of posts Dali make.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »
Quote from: VTDW
Jeeze!  Here we are as guests at this forum and we should all act as much like gentlemen as possible.  I for one appreciate the welcome we have received here.  It seems that some here have already been booted from another forum since MT crashed.  Talk about embarrasing. :oops:

Dave
Dali Llama say yes, he concur wholeheartedly.  Dali say he find it dismaying that a certain poster  :roll:  already be saying malicious and false things like this:

"BM,it means the WHOLE WORLD IS TIRED OF YOUR DROPPINGS. "

"Since I started looking for sites I see you are on all of them constantly,contributing little and interupting all.You need a life out side your mothers house and get off Welfare."
[/b]

Offline RaySendero

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2004, 04:39:51 PM »
Quote from: Dali Llama
Dali Llama say he wonder if there at least be some way to prevent losing entire content of post if happen to post again in less than 120 seconds? :?   Dali say that what be frustrating: not only is new post not accepted, but it apparently be lost in cyberspace and poster have to start over.

Suggest Dali purchase egg timer and set for 120 secs after posting.
Then wait - Do not click "Submit" until it goes off.  :mrgreen:
    Ray

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2004, 04:44:20 PM »
Quote from: RaySendero
Dali Llama say he wonder if there at least be some way to prevent losing entire content of post if happen to post again in less than 120 seconds? :?   Dali say that what be frustrating: not only is new post not accepted, but it apparently be lost in cyberspace and poster have to start over.

Suggest Dali purchase egg timer and set for 120 secs after posting.
Then wait - Do not click "Submit" until it goes off.  :mrgreen:
That be one way to solve problem, say Dali Llama, but not exactly high tech...

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2004, 04:52:51 PM »
OLD?

I resemble that remark.  :-D

Dali Llama say he wonder if there at least be some way to prevent losing entire content of post if happen to post again in less than 120 seconds?  Dali say that what be frustrating: not only is new post not accepted, but it apparently be lost in cyberspace and poster have to start over.

Yup shore nuff. Jist hit yore browser back button and cool yer heels a minute. Then hit SUBMIT again. Don't rush it. You cannot ALWAYS back up a second time.

Guys this is getting off on the wrong path. For now this is a general discussion forum for all you guys from the Marlin Talk Forum. That's what I understood you wanted. I've offered to provide you with some break out of forums should you wish it. Makes no never mind to me. If you feel we now have enough of you and if you guys from the old MT want it just tell me what names you want attached to your forums and we'll set them up.

BUT (Notice that great big BUT?) Each will require a Moderator volunteer before it is established. Your choice.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Jarhead Ed

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2004, 05:09:16 PM »
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2004, 06:17:47 PM »
OK Dali we all know what was said so lets not repeat it  constantly or even one time or it will just keep the fires burning and we do not need that. Guys as far as the number of postings go really what difference does it make so Dali has more time and or energy to post more often than some of the rest of us. I cannot see why that is a issue just ignore it if it bothers any one?? Lets not let these petty issues involve into major ones. OK? Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2004, 06:25:02 PM »
You guys want to volunteer as moderators for the other subjects like the big bore and other marlin subjects go ahead sounds good to me. I would guess that even a marlin rimfire besides the rimfire we have here already would get traffic as it was a popular site on MT. I am happy to stay here and moderate this board  and GB if you want to change it to a Marlin Misc topic or leave it as Marlin Talk Discussion what ever I will be glad to stay here and moderate it as I like the varied topics covered here. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline BamBams

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2004, 06:26:14 PM »
Since when are we in the business of "rating" eachother for participation and content? While Dali is a big boy and doesn't need me to defend him, I can honestly say that I  couldn't care less if a member posts a 1000 times a day as long as people are having a good time.  Sometimes I post a lot, other times I don't even show up.  I've been posting more than normal lately so that when people show up around here, at least there is something to read or look at.  I have a suspicion that Dali is trying to do the same thing.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline VTDW

• A Real Regular
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2004, 11:11:43 PM »
And I will again ask my friend IntrepidWizard NOT to respond to the obvious bait!!!  Jeeze! Here we are as guests at this forum and we should all act as much like gentlemen as possible.  I for one appreciate the welcome we have received here.  It seems that some here have already been booted from another forum since MT crashed.  Talk about embarrasing.  :oops:  

HANG TOUGH WIZ---IGNORE---AIN'T BEEN NO BLOOD

Dave

Offline Red Neck64

• Avid Poster
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2004, 12:46:59 AM »
"Dali Liama"I knew this was going to start when you recived your well earned second bullet.But now you must shoot for all five of them!

Jeeze!  Here we are as guests at this forum and we should all act as much like gentlemen as possible.  I for one appreciate the welcome we have received here.  It seems that some here have already been booted from another forum since MT crashed.  Talk about embarrasing. :oops:

Dave
Dali Llama say yes, he concur wholeheartedly.  Dali say he find it dismaying that a certain poster  :roll:  already be saying malicious and false things like this:

"Since I started looking for sites I see you are on all of them constantly,contributing little and interupting all.You need a life out side your mothers house and get off Welfare."
[/b]

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2004, 04:57:19 AM »
Jeeze! Here we are as guests at this forum and we should all act as much like gentlemen as possible.  I for one appreciate the welcome we have received here.  It seems that some here have already been booted from another forum since MT crashed.  Talk about embarrasing.  :oops:  

Dali Llama say he wonder which forum already boot IntrepidWizard? :?   Dali say YES, it do be EXTREMELY embarrassing that some insist on making wholly unnecessary, false and malicious posts like this:

[/b]

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2004, 05:01:54 AM »
Jeeze![/color] Here we are as guests at this forum and we should all act as much like gentlemen as possible.  I for one appreciate the welcome we have received here.  It seems that some here have already been booted from another forum since MT crashed.  Talk about embarrasing.  :oops:  

Dali Llama say YES, he agree that it be extremely embarrassing when IntrepidWizard insist on making wholly unprovoked, totally false and very malicious posts like this:

[/i]

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2004, 05:16:09 AM »
Quote from: BamBams
Since when are we in the business of "rating" eachother for participation and content? While Dali is a big boy and doesn't need me to defend him, I can honestly say that I  couldn't care less if a member posts a 1000 times a day as long as people are having a good time.  
Dali Llama say he with BamBams on this one! :D

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2004, 05:19:03 AM »
Quote from: Graybeard
Dali Llama say he wonder if there at least be some way to prevent losing entire content of post if happen to post again in less than 120 seconds?  Dali say that what be frustrating: not only is new post not accepted, but it apparently be lost in cyberspace and poster have to start over.

Yup shore nuff. Jist hit yore browser back button and cool yer heels a minute. Then hit SUBMIT again. Don't rush it. You cannot ALWAYS back up a second time.GB

Dali Llama say THANKS, he do appreciate helpful hint. :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Offline Roadhouse3030

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2004, 09:43:11 AM »
I think that if anyone has or had any beef with any former MT members, needs to let it die with MT(get over it).  Way to many times I have seen the same poster(not nameing names) intentionally follow another poster around with no intention to participate in the topic but only to take cheap shots  :blaster: , pick fights and argue :twisted:. If you have any bad baggage, bad views, oppinions or you just plane A$$ don't like that  person don't bring it with you over here(I did'nt).  Remember guys we are guests here and due to the history of our former site I feel we are  being watched closely(as we should be). And I don't wish to see the same antics carried over here. So IMHO if you feel that you have to bikker at every little thing take it elsewhere cause nobody wants to see it here. as for the time delay thing If I know that it is delayed a couple minutes or so I can adjust to that  post and go on and read elsewhere and check back later. Guys this is a forum, not a chat room. So lets play nice get along and earn our welcome.                      just my  :money:   Roadhouse3030.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2004, 12:51:48 PM »
Quote from: Roadhouse3030
I think that if anyone has or had any beef with any former MT members, needs to let it die with MT(get over it).  Way to many times I have seen the same poster(not nameing names) intentionally follow another poster around with no intention to participate in the topic but only to take cheap shots  :blaster: , pick fights and argue :twisted:.
Dali Llama say he know precisely whereof Roadhouse3030 speak, as certain poster appear to have followed Dali here with same motivation that Roadhouse3030 describe.  :cry:   :(  :(  :(  :cry:

Offline Bikenut

• Avid Poster
Posting delay time.......
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2004, 02:11:15 AM »
Hey Dali? As far as the delay time.........

T     Y    P  E slower.................

:grin:  :)  :-D  :D
The longer I live, the older I get.
Neither has anything to do with wisdom.

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Posting delay time.......
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2004, 06:00:58 AM »
Quote from: Bikenut
Hey Dali? As far as the delay time.........

T     Y    P  E slower.................

:grin:  :)  :-D  :D
Dali Llama say it difficult to curb existing typing speed! :-)  :-D