Author Topic: How tight do you tighten your Side Kick 5/8 breach plug  (Read 761 times)

Offline LD7009

• Trade Count: (1)
How tight do you tighten your Side Kick 5/8 breach plug
« on: December 15, 2012, 08:27:29 AM »
How tight do you tighten yourSide Kick  5/8 breach plug. I just run it up until it stops and leave it there. Was wondering if this is ok. Just finger tight. It becomes easier to loosen after range with multiple shots. Is this acceptable.

Thanks

Offline YRUpunting?

• Trade Count: (24)
Re: How tight do you tighten your Side Kick 5/8 breach plug
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 09:08:25 AM »
That's how I have always done mine, just finger tight.  I used to loosen the plug after every couple shots now I do it every shot.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 09:19:41 AM »
I haven't tried it yet with my Huntsman, but I tape my plugs and have never had a problem removing them even after a day of shooting magnum T7 loads at the range.

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?topic=89632.0

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,160472.msg1098713282.html#msg1098713282

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 09:50:46 AM »
How tight do you tighten yourSide Kick  5/8 breach plug. I just run it up until it stops and leave it there. Was wondering if this is ok. Just finger tight. It becomes easier to loosen after range with multiple shots. Is this acceptable.

Thanks
Hard to say exacly how tight I tighten mine.  Like you I tighten the breech plug until it stops, then I snug it just "a little" tighter.  The secret to easy removal is the lube you use for the breech plug.  I use Permatex anti-seize, which can be purchased from auto supply stores.  I've never had a problem removing the BP at the end of the range session, and I don't even bother to loosen the plug until after I'm done for the day.

Or you can use tape like quick recommends. 

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.