Author Topic: hillary won't testify before congress on libya, she has a concussion.  (Read 1882 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Clinton will not testify before Congress on Libya, purported concussion cited  Published December 15, 2012
FoxNews.com     
  •    FILE: Dec. 7, 2012: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at a news conference at Stormont Castle in Belfast, Northern Ireland. (REUTERS)
  Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will not be able to testify before House and Senate committees next week on the Benghazi issue due to a concussion, the State Department said Saturday.

Clinton was a scheduled to testify Thursday on the Sept. 11 terror attacks on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, in which U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stephens and three other Americans were killed.
Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Philippe Reines said Saturday that Clinton is suffering from a stomach virus, fainted and hit her head, which caused the concussion. said Clinton is suffering from a stomach virus, fainted and hit her head, which caused the concussion.
However, the agency did not say when the fall occurred.
On Saturday afternoon, the House Foreign Affair Committee announced the hearing will proceed Thursday, with or without Clinton.

The committee also said former Ambassador Thomas Pickering and retired Adm. Mike Mullen, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, would appear Wednesday before members for a classified briefing about Benghazi.
However, committee Chairwoman Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen made clear she still wanted Clinton to testify at some point. 

“Although I respect Bill and Tom, we still don’t have information from the Obama administration on what went so tragically wrong in Benghazi,” the Florida congresswoman said Saturday. “This requires a public appearance by the secretary of state herself.”
Senior State Department officials William Burns and Thomas Nides are expected to take Clinton's place at both hearings.
The House and Senate committees s
aid Wednesday that Clinton would testify Thursday.
The State Department over the next two days appeared to waffle on the whether Clinton would testify on the appointed date.
Spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said Thursday the agency’s Accountability Review Board report on the attacks, upon which Clinton will largely base her testimony, might not be complete. However, acting deputy spokesman Patrick Ventrell said Friday he anticipated the report will be ready and Clinton will make the scheduled appearance.
Congressional Republican have led the charge for answers regarding the Benghazi situation -- from security prior to the attacks, to what sparked the deadly violence to what official told the American public in the aftermath.

U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice said five days after the incident, during a round of Sunday talk shows, the attacks appeared to be a “spontaneous” response to early violence related to an anti-Islamic video.
The administration later said the attacks appeared to be terror related.
Rice acknowledged the information she gave Sept. 16 was incorrect but has stuck to her position that she was working off information given to her by intelligence officials and that the information at the time was evolving.

The 65-year-old Clinton on Monday backed out of trip to North Africa and the Persian, citing the illness that she thinks she caught during a recent visit to Europe. Clinton plans to step down in January. She has said she is tired from the job’s long, hectic schedule and needs a rest.
Sen. John Kerry, chairman of the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee, upon being told Saturday about Clinton’s illness and injury “insisted” she not appear at the hearing,  said Jodi Seth, spokeswoman for the Massachusetts Democrat.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/15/exclusive-clinton-will-not-testify-before-congress-on-libya-concussion-cited/#ixzz2FARJ7txu
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline magooch

Re: hillary won't testify before congress on libya, she has a concussion.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 04:51:34 AM »
What is the chance that Hillary would submit to examination of an unbiased panel of doctors as to her fitness to testify?
Swingem

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 04:56:50 AM »
She probably got drunk and fell down.

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 06:39:08 AM »
 An absolute excuse made up to keep her from being implicated with the regime, just keepping her nose clean for 2016. Imho.  J
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 08:50:48 AM »
even if she had/has the virus/illness/concussion, she will answer to THE authority.

this whole Libyan/Benghazi event is highly suspect of skulduggery, deceit and stinks of cover-up IMO.
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline Redtail1949

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 07:02:50 PM »
She and the Administration are doing all they can to keep her from appearing. She and Obama hope that she will skate until she gets out and that it will die down and she will not have to. The shootings of these poor children will be the thing they hoped that would come along to enable them to change the topic of discussion. They will beat the drum louder than ever on gun control hopefully to take the eyes off their gun running in Mexico, Libya, and a host of other dealings they have been embroiled in. Yes she wants her rep untarnished for 2016, however, I do not think she will make unblemished. I think it will sink her chances of 2016. I believe that she "REALLY WAS" the one responsible. She made the call not to aid the men attacked. Just think of who immeadiately went out of the country unannounced when it looked like she would possibly be called before a committee. Just think of how quite it was about her and just how quite she was. Yes she said 'I Accept responsibility" wow oh wow. She had to because safety of those people was her direct resposibility as well as the pres. They thought if she said it that the heat would die down and they hoped they could move on. Last thing they want is her under oath. Thats why she now has this 'CONCUSSION' I believe that if it gets hot enough she will use that to say she can not remember or does not recall. The doctors from the left will all say the concussion caused her to not be able to recall events clearly. Just waity you will see. Also, it is most times the things not said that are the most important. All else is just diversion.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 01:53:54 AM »
I have a rather radical thought: Why don't they postpone the hearings until after her majesty is recovered from her "ailment"?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 02:03:36 AM »
The shootings of these poor children will be the thing they hoped that would come along to enable them to change the topic of discussion.
you're right.  here's a quote from a democrat.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/rahmemanue409199.html
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline RevJim

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 03:43:27 AM »
 You mean she could be...."faking it"? Surely not.... actually, this strains at the concept of 'credulity". :P ;D ;) :'(

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 01:32:24 PM »
I feel Hillary has been suffering from worse brain damage than a mere concussion for years.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 01:38:38 PM »
  Maybe she got a concussion same way Monica did...hit her head on the bottom of a desk drawer .  Wonder whose desk it could have been?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline rickt300

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 01:45:16 PM »
Impossible, that would mean she has some value.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 01:45:30 PM »
I knew she was already Dain Bramaged when she kept Slick after the Monica incidents.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Anna

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 02:05:12 PM »
We really do have some very messed up leadership in this country.

Offline rickt300

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 02:16:54 PM »
Yes it is more than just an agravation.

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 02:42:29 PM »
Is  the  side  effect   of  concussion , complete  memory  loss  .   

Offline powderman

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 02:46:56 PM »
Amnesia is next, that nasty bump on rhe head ya know. I've never seen so many liars in one admin in my life. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 07:10:43 PM »
She needs to get a second opinion.
You have to have a brain before you get a concussion.

" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 11:37:44 PM »
  As I recall, the "smartest woman in the world" had memory lapses during the first Clinton term in the White House...

Couldn't recall how those FBI records on members of congress got into her office suite.....

Couldn't recall who hired that thug bouncer, Craig Livingstone.. to hang around the same offices..

...Seems her memory came up short during the Vince Foster affair also..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Redtail1949

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 02:34:21 AM »
ironglow;

your first response was funny ..it could be true..lmao

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 07:06:49 AM »
  Maybe she got a concussion same way Monica did...hit her head on the bottom of a desk drawer .  Wonder whose desk it could have been?

In that case.......probably Janet Reno. :P
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 04:52:10 AM »
  Or the Clinton's surgeon general..Jocelyn Elder..remember her?
   She is the one who, speaking as surgeon general came up with a brilliant statement concerning longevity.

I found her quote in one of her speeches quoted in  Wikipedia and highlighted it in red .
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
 "  We know that AIDS is a ravaged disease in our country that's destroying our bright young people. We've not found the cure for this disease. We do not have a vaccine for this disease. The only thing we've got is education and to try and treat them as best we can. I feel that if we do not find a vaccine, do not find a new drug, and we do not educate our bright, young people, Senator, we're going to lose our entire society.
You know, most of the people that die with heart disease and cancer are our elderly population, you know, and we will all probably die with something sooner or later. And we've been investing, certainly in cancer and in heart disease, and I feel that we should continue, I'm not downplaying that. But I'm saying that we are losing the people that's going to pay my Social Security and that bothers me.
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
     In January 1994, Elders said;   "We really need to get over this love affair with the fetus and start worrying about children."
     ... How does that square with he last sentence in the above ...worrying about a future generation paying her social security?

Offline scootrd

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 05:48:23 AM »
Today's congressional "leaders" (if that's what you can call them are just plain disgusting.

They short change the embassy security budget by 270 million , Then when SHTF , they look for scapegoats to deflect blame away from themselves for not fully funding thus not allowing more security to be approved within our embassies around the world due to their own budgetary shortfall vote. 

True hypocrites

House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012....Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans’ proposed cuts to her department would be “detrimental to America’s national security” — a charge Republicans rejected.Ryan, Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan’s budget, non-defense discretionary spending, which includes State Department funding, would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 million in additional cuts to embassy security.

That's the problem with budget cutting: it sounds great when you're thumping tubs on the campaign trail in front of adoring tea party crowds, but when the actual work of governing comes up, those cuts have to come from actual programs that do actual things. Like protecting our embassies.

Semper Fi
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 11:18:14 PM »
  The congress may be generally brain dead, but the Benghazi fiasco is entirely a screw-up by the Obama administration.  That attack went on for several hours..during which I'm quite sure those Spec Ops guys were confident their country would come to their aid.  Plenty of forces in the area..all around the Mediterranean. Impressive support could have been there in 45 mins...massive support in 2 hours..had they not been told to "stand down'!
        Besides; hillary has already accepted the blame, all she has to do now  is testify..   
http://iwf.org/blog/2789577/Hillary:-The-Buck-Stops-Here.-But-My-Underlings-Did-It...

Offline scootrd

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2012, 03:21:38 AM »
And maybe if they can get Hillary, and Petraeus too, to testify we can find out why about 15 CIA agents about a mile way didn't get in their SUV's and ride over to the 'consulate' and break things up and help out their 3 comrades.  Also starting to look like aerial surveillance of the consulate showed little of a demonstration nor an all out assault on it.
This was an arms deal and some kind of other deal that went wrong.
..TM7

Dont know if its true or not , but heard on news other day , The formal investigation found this to be a false statement that was being floated by drive by media. There were no agents close by. 

They also said as soon as trouble started the local security suppose to be provided by host countries climbed in their trucks and drove away. Apparently they have it on film so to speak.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2012, 11:01:15 PM »
  The congress may be generally brain dead, but the Benghazi fiasco is entirely a screw-up by the Obama administration.  That attack went on for several hours..during which I'm quite sure those Spec Ops guys were confident their country would come to their aid.  Plenty of forces in the area..all around the Mediterranean. Impressive support could have been there in 45 mins...massive support in 2 hours..had they not been told to "stand down'!
        Besides; hillary has already accepted the blame, all she has to do now  is testify..   
http://iwf.org/blog/2789577/Hillary:-The-Buck-Stops-Here.-But-My-Underlings-Did-It...
We know the demonstration from a flash mob mad at a goofy movie outside the consulate, didn't really happen. I've read that aerial surveillence showed a minimal disturbence,,,and not the hours long gun battle some claim.
IG...what is your opinion why approx 15+ CIA agents only about 1 mile away didn't ride over and bust up the disturbence and help out their 3 comrades....Certainly, they wouldn't have to answer to anybody if they didn't feel like it_ _so what do you think?
..TM7
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
   I am not sure TM..just can't be under the circumstances..as Will Rogers once said; "All I know is what I read in the papers" ..and other media sources these days.  Unfortunately; today's media doesn't match the integrity of the media of the 30s through 50s..so all I can do is guess ..
    The two guys who went over to the consulate were "free lancing"..took it upon themselves, and probably rightly and honestly correct in doing so.  They probably figured there was "no way" the US govt was going to let the consulate become a shooting gallery to assuage the Al Queda rage..  They probably considered themselves the advance guard..
   For some reason, the orders to aid our beleagured diplomats never came down...an unthinkable situation for the two courageous SEAL veterans !
     Why did the order never come down..or why were no other mediterranean based forces utilized?  I won't conjecture on it, other than to say..something stinks..and it's NOT in Denmark!

Scoot;
  The other national embassies and consulates had closed either days or weeks before the Benghazi attack.  Even the Red cross had much earlier, pulled up stakes..
     Does the Red cross have better intelligence operatives than the US State dept?  If so, Hillary ought to be replaced by the head of the Red Cross!

Are the other nations so far ahead in the G2 (intelligence) game?  If so, perhaps we should ask France to provide us with a Secy of State..
    Sorry; but to me there is a bit too much of ..."Pepe LePew" fragrance surrounding the situation..

Offline magooch

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2012, 05:42:42 AM »
And that brings up the latest and even more dangerous malady that Hillary is suffering from.  She has a gas bubble.  I wouldn't want to be within range of that when it detonates.
Swingem

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2012, 10:56:34 AM »
Hill  is  eyeballing   the  2016  Pres.  Campaign .  She  lying  low  till  then.

Offline magooch

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2012, 01:00:55 PM »
Today's congressional "leaders" (if that's what you can call them are just plain disgusting.

They short change the embassy security budget by 270 million , Then when SHTF , they look for scapegoats to deflect blame away from themselves for not fully funding thus not allowing more security to be approved within our embassies around the world due to their own budgetary shortfall vote. 

True hypocrites

House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012....Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans’ proposed cuts to her department would be “detrimental to America’s national security” — a charge Republicans rejected.Ryan, Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan’s budget, non-defense discretionary spending, which includes State Department funding, would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 million in additional cuts to embassy security.

That's the problem with budget cutting: it sounds great when you're thumping tubs on the campaign trail in front of adoring tea party crowds, but when the actual work of governing comes up, those cuts have to come from actual programs that do actual things. Like protecting our embassies.

Semper Fi

I don't think Obama, or Hillary are stupid enough to try that bunch of lame crap.  First, it wasn't about the embassy not being fortified enough; it was about no reasonable response to the Amabassador's requests for help, or direction in days prior to the al Qaeda attack and the total lack of response after the attack ensued.  Obama was too busy campaigning and heading for Las vegas and Hillary either had a headache, gas bubble, or just didn't want to be bothered with it.  To send help would mean their narrative about al Qaeda being defeated would have been out the window.  They had their lie about the outrageous home made video all prepared and that is what they went with.  They tried for weeks to sell it, but the sale didn't take--not even with the help of their sycophantic media.
Swingem

Offline Ranger99

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2012, 04:59:21 PM »
does anyone have a video of
her falling?
where can i get one?
how much does it cost?
does she holler?
can you hear her head hit?
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .