Author Topic: Panic gun sales.  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Anna

• Trade Count: (0)
Panic gun sales.
« on: December 18, 2012, 12:40:40 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/18/gun-sales-surge-after-connecticut-massacre/

This was predictable, so here we go again. From the looks of the criteria that's been assembled
in any upcoming ban. The M1A or any SA, M14 variant would be a very wise choise right now to buy.
It and the Garand are both are ergonomic and look like they may survive any ban with the exception
of a flash hider on the M1A. Like a flash hider matters, but the M1A would have to use only a
10 rd mag or start loading like the Garand. We know a guy here that has been loading up on mags
and reloading supply's for years, especially on primers after the Clinton thing in the 90s.

I own an AR, I use it prairie dog hunting on a ranch near here. Because of my size it is one of the
few rifles I can use with any degree of accuracy. I only use the 10 rd mags because I am shooting
from a prone position and any larger mag digs into the dirt. I own a few 30s, but the most I've ever
used them for is to shoot cans and other junk like that. And I do have a flash hider and a pistol
grip on my rifle. I can't see how these two accessories make that gun much different than my
Ruger 10/22 ! And my brother can fire his Winchester model 94 every bit as fast as I can fire a semi.

There is a a border patrol agent here that can cycle a bolt action so fast it sounds like a semi. And
he remaines accurate while doing that. The punk that caused all of this had to be wearing a coat
large enough to hide an AR under and that alone should have been a clue to what he was carrying.
Along with his ammo, extra mags,and those pistols he had to look a bit lumpy. There is still
something very fishy about this whole deal, were not the people in that school trained to notice       things like this before buzzing him in ? This is starting to look more like extreme stupidity was the
key factor to this disaster than anything havering to do with the weapons involved. 

Offline Swift One

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Panic gun sales.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 05:57:44 AM »
Fact! A single man with an accurate scoped bolt action rifle (and the ability to shoot it consistently out to 600/ 700yds, a handgun, and a decent escape and evasion plan can cause much more havoc than a person with an AR and a dozen 30rd mags strapped to them. It's called the guerrilla sniper. And it's lethal.
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 06:34:36 AM »
I think you will find the the person who buzzed him in just got lax and did not do their job.  I worked in the state prison system for 28 years much of it as a supervisor, you would be supprised how  quickly people get lax and let things slide. Even after a serious incident with serious staff injury most people just seem to go back to their old way with in a week or so. I think a lot of it is just plain lazy and doing as little as they can and get away with it.

I also feel any thing the elected officials decide to Ban should go to a national referendum vote, after all they are elected to pass laws the we the majority  want not their pet projects and special interest groups.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 06:54:12 AM »
Concerning the school letting him in, it was my understanding that he shot through the door glass and let himself in. The door cameras at the schools I work at mostly show the person from mid chest or shoulder high so it would be easy not to see bulges, etc. If I understood correctly the shooter was also known to school staff so if he was let in they probably didn't give it a second thought at the time.
GuzziJohn

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 10:15:44 AM »
I also heard that he shot through the glass doors to gain entry. I been told so many things that the only thing I know for sure is the "facts" keep changing.

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 12:28:09 PM »
He did indeed shoot through a plate glass window beside the door to gain entry. School staff did exactly as they should. Whoever the architect was is an idiot for thinking that tempered glass somehow  constituted a secure entryway. In the same way that a school thinks a quiet sign precludes any talking. If the school had actually been secured, he could only have shot whomever he could see from the outside.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline jimster

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 01:45:09 PM »
The gun sales panic has hit here in Michigan as well, guns stores packed, everyone wants a last minute AR and is paying through the nose.
Seen this few times over the years. It is an excellent time to check the bargin corner and papers for people dumping their lever actions and bolt actions for dirt cheap, they clean out their gun safes to get money for the things they think will not be available anymore.  Ammo sales are nuts too, price going way up on 5.56/223...someone offered my son a 1911 Taurus for 1000 rds of ammo, he has a few thousand rounds laying around. hmmmm...I told him to think about it some...but there are some interesting things going on.

Offline Anna

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 01:51:42 PM »
Believe it or not, the Metro Arms 1911 called the American Classic is one nice pistol. Side by side
it is every bit as good as a Kimber Royal. And priced at $600.00 it was a no brainier on what I bought.
Oh , and so far it hasn't grown legs and hurt anyone either.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 02:01:06 PM »
Fact! A single man with an accurate scoped bolt action rifle (and the ability to shoot it consistently out to 600/ 700yds, a handgun, and a decent escape and evasion plan can cause much more havoc than a person with an AR and a dozen 30rd mags strapped to them. It's called the guerrilla sniper. And it's lethal.
2 men in Washington DC proved that several years ago.
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 02:26:39 PM »
Yes they did and the point that I am making here is that where their is a will there is a way.  You dont need an "assault rifle" with a dozen hicapmags to achieve the end goal.  I dont think the govnmt understands that (which is weird because they deploy guerilla tactics all the time with spec ops units overseas).  Personaly, I have beileved that for decades the government in this country has been scared to death of us (and that's the way it's supposed to be), and instead of serving us and what our fore fathers have written, they want to control us.  That begins with the disarming of the countries occupants.

Take our guns we will do it with knives.  Take our knives we will do it with clubs.  Look what a handfull of religious zealots did with box cutters on some airliners a few years back.  Where there is a will there is a way. 
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 02:41:04 PM »
Swift, the government understands all too well.  This is not about controlling firearms, it's about controlling you and I.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 03:12:27 PM »
There's legislation in Kalifornia to require anyone who buys ammo to possess a license which will cost $50 per year. The cost of the license will go up every year until it will be too costly to buy ammo. Anyone caught with ammo in CA and not purchased there could be open to arrest. The legislation is expected to pass easily.

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 03:23:57 PM »
If California keeps on, the only people left living there will be the Hollywood types and illegals.  The new round of taxes they just imposed on themselves will up the ante of folks jumping ship.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 04:26:56 PM »
There's legislation in Kalifornia to require anyone who buys ammo to possess a license which will cost $50 per year. The cost of the license will go up every year until it will be too costly to buy ammo. Anyone caught with ammo in CA and not purchased there could be open to arrest. The legislation is expected to pass easily.
smuggling   ammo   may  become   as  lucreative   as  smuggling  drugs  if  thats  true.

Offline Anna

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 01:14:18 AM »
Even the USSR had its share of gun smuggling, and with some very experienced drug smugglers
in this country it wouldn't be hard for them to switch thier commodities.
Awhile back the W. German police were selling off their old P38s and P7s. A lot of people here bought
these up, but a lot of them were turning up unregistered in crime scenes all over the country.
With the large amount of merchant marine cargo ships that arrive in this country each day from
abroad, it isn't difficult to do the math. Liberal good intentions and agendas are nothing more than snakes eating their eating their own tails.

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 01:20:24 AM »
Maybe the idiots in Ka. should talk to the idiots in Ill. The ammo sales at the gun shows in Indiana and Wisconsin are terrific from Ill. people. This was also tried in New York city a few years ago on cigarette's. They probably still have an extremely high tax per pack. Amazingly, smokers drive a couple hours down I95 to Virginia,over into Pa., and buy 10-20 cartoons at a time, and put them in a freezer. Then they wondered a couple months later, why did revenues fall! gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 03:43:55 AM »
2 men in Washington DC proved that several years ago.

as did a guy on a tower in Texas years ago. He however had no escape route. BTW around gunstores here they call Obama the gun salesman of the decade.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !