Author Topic: Group buy?  (Read 770 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• Trade Count: (6)
Deo duce, ferro comitante
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion

Offline ibgp3

• Trade Count: (29)
  • A Real Regular
  • Recovering after nearly 40 years of PTSD
Re: Group buy?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 08:45:27 AM »
How much would my part be?

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 10:27:42 AM »
I know it's a pipe dream but it would be seriously cool if a group of gun people could raise the money to buy it.  It would only take about 3 million of us to pull it off...

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 12:39:25 PM »
OK. We got TWO. Is this going to be like Chris putting together the Magnificent 7 (million) ?? ::) 8)
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 12:49:08 PM »
its kinda sad thatadam S&W blackgun mite ruin our handi's................. :-[ :'(
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline Jim Flinchbaugh

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Photo Galleries
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 01:41:30 PM »
Seems typical, a liberal making money with something they secretly think is evil, till the SHTF.
Then its jump time.
I suppose his conscious isn't going to refund the profits from the boost in gun sales in recent years

Offline ibgp3

• Trade Count: (29)
  • A Real Regular
  • Recovering after nearly 40 years of PTSD
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 01:48:44 PM »
its kinda sad thatadam S&W blackgun mite ruin our handi's................. :-[ :'(

The way I see it working:
   Every blackgun gets turned in to the feds and the blackgun owner is given a Handi to replace it.

Offline SEK_22Hornet

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 03:08:39 PM »
I found a little more info on this - the article I read said that one of Cerberus' larger investors is the California Teachers Union Pension fund - who notified them that they were "reviewing" all of their investments and would probably pull their millions of dollars of pension funds from anyone that had firearm holdings - that and the fact that Remington posted a loss of 6.7 million last year.  Seems as if the big money these days is in concealed carry guns, which Freedom Group doesn't have any of.... as they say follow the money....

Offline kennyd

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
anyone want to loan me money????
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 05:19:12 PM »
With Cerberus wanting to get rid of Freedom, maybe this is the chance for H&R to spin off.  I guarentee to bring back ejectors, offer every '06, 308, and .223 based caliber, plus all the rimmed cases.  If I can get Marlin too, there are a lot more possibilities.

I figure a truck load of $100's will do the trick .  As for the payback, I will probably go broke building low selling calibers, not to mention the free barrels everyone here will get.  So just think of it as doing good instead of an investment.

BTW, an unverfiable story from a friend is that a truck that was 2000 lbs. over weight at a scale was found to have $1 million being smuggled.  So a whole truck full should be enough. ;D
just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching you

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: anyone want to loan me money????
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 06:20:23 PM »
I figure, if we get 900,000 GBO Handiholics to chip in $1,000 each, we can make an offer to purchase the entire Freedom Group.  ;D

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 07:51:50 PM »
Could you imagine what the investors meetings would be like...  I think it would be hundreds of investors all yelling for the gun they want. 

I think if a H&R / Marlin Spin off could be done, reinstating a custom shop would be money well spent.

Tony