Author Topic: hussein pushing black box for all new car buyers. reprinted.  (Read 597 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
hussein pushing black box for all new car buyers. reprinted.
« on: December 21, 2012, 04:16:26 AM »
Obama Rushes "Creepy Black Box" Mandate on All New Car Buyers   The National Center for Public Policy Research -- PRESS RELEASE

For Release: December 13, 2012
Contact: David Almasi at (202) 543-4110 x11 or (703) 568-4727 or dalmasi@nationalcenter.org , or Judy Kent at (703) 759-7476 or jkent@nationalcenter.org

Source: http://www.nationalcenter.org/PR-Bla...rs_121312.html

Obama Administration Rushes "Creepy Black Box" Mandate on All New Car Buyers -- Falsely Claims Data Tracking Will Be Minimal

[size=-1]Washington, D.C. - National Center Adjunct Fellow Horace Cooper is condemning the decision by the Obama Administration to bypass Congress and implement its automobile "black box" mandate administratively.[/size]
[size=-1]The Department of Transportation has announced a proposed rule to require Event Data Recorders (EDRs) in 100% of all light vehicles sold in the United States. EDRs are more commonly known as "black boxes," such as those carried by aircraft. [/size]

[size=-1]Last year a similar proposal was killed by the House of Representatives when it was included in a Senate-passed bill to fund the nation's transportation needs. [/size]

[size=-1]"Not only will this new requirement give new resources and data to the DOT to support more economically-damaging regulations in the future; this mandate itself represents an unprecedented breach of privacy for Americans. Operating more like a surveillance camera than a tool for accident investigation, this DOT rule-making is the embodiment of Orwellian monitoring," Cooper explained. [/size]

[size=-1]"Contrary to what is now being claimed, EDRs can and will track the comings and goings of car owners and even their passengers," Cooper said. "EDRs not only provide details necessary for accident investigation, they also track travel records, passenger usage, cell phone use and other private data. Who you visit, what you weigh, how often you call your mother and more is captured by these devices. Mandating that they be installed and accessible by the DOT is a terrible idea." [/size]

[size=-1]"This decision to bypass Congress and adopt this change administratively demonstrates a reckless disregard for the privacy rights of the American people," Cooper argued. "Claiming that the data collected will only be for the time period immediately surrounding the crash is no protection when the system itself will be running whenever the engine is on. In the digital era, we know that even if the programs were simply overwriting after each start, the underlying data remains there to be accessed. In this case, we don't even have that assurance."[/size]

[size=-1]"It is axiomatic that before the government can surreptitiously search a citizen or his car, it needs approval from a judge. Pretending that that protection goes away when the search is carried out electronically not only threatens the liberties of all Americans, it rejects our founders' clear understanding of the limitations on the government," Cooper concluded. [/size]

[size=-1]The National Center for Public Policy Research, founded in 1982, is a non-partisan, free-market, independent conservative think-tank. Ninety-four percent of its support comes from individuals, less than 4% from foundations, and less than 2% from corporations. It receives over a quarter-million individual contributions a year from over 96,000 active recent contributors. Contributions to The National Center are tax-deductible and greatly appreciated.[/size] 
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: hussein pushing black box for all new car buyers. reprinted.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 04:30:28 AM »
Chip, chip, chip.   That's the sound of our rights and freedoms being chipped away one by one comrades.  >:(
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 04:40:16 AM »
It's time to rebel...  too bad we don't have enough rebels. >:(
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 04:47:11 AM »
Already too late:
"According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 85 percent of new vehicles come equipped with black boxes. Still, the average driver has no idea that in the event of a crash, data stored in the box details how the car was being driven in the moments before impact."

GuzziJohn

Offline powderman

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 03:31:40 PM »
Already too late:
"According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 85 percent of new vehicles come equipped with black boxes. Still, the average driver has no idea that in the event of a crash, data stored in the box details how the car was being driven in the moments before impact."

GuzziJohn

Seems I read something about a wreck where ins was denied as the driver was supposedly driving in excess of 90 mph, can't remember for sure. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 03:38:40 PM »
i know on fords the processor
(or as some say, ecm) records
events such as misfires, sudden acceleration,
failures of various components,
electrical spikes,etc. and the
data can be retrieved. nothing
new really.
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 03:47:28 PM »
they already track your phone movements
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline quasne.inc

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 05:43:56 PM »
I guess that just means I need to start on my 70's Bronco restoration I have been wanting to do. 

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 06:50:06 PM »
wouldn't matter.
the thing to fear with a vehicle
would be e.m.p. and unless one
would have a spare ignition coil,
plugs, wire set, condenser, battery,
all lamps, etc., stored under shielded
conditions one would be best off to
restore the old schwinn or to lay in
a supply of horse/mule feed and meds.
that and several good pairs of shoes
and boots.

18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline magooch

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 04:46:39 AM »
Two things.  Refuse to buy any vehicle equipped with such a device and if you have one, disable it.  Otherwise, play their silly game.
Swingem

Offline Anna

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 05:49:59 AM »
It's time to rebel...  too bad we don't have enough rebels. >:(

To bad it doesn't record film or pic footage. If it did we could all just moon it  ;D  I read somewhere
where some collage kids in California were trying to moon Google Earth !
I think they pulled it off also, about 120 of them went side by side and sent that satellite one big
giant collective mooning on a football field. Something they were saying could easily be seen from space. 

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 06:40:30 AM »
obama wants to know when a bunch of us meet at one time in one place. then one drone and a lot of conservative terrorists are history.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Anna

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 07:10:28 AM »
There are ways of dealing with drones and helicopters that we are learning from our enemy's in
the Middle East. It's a cat and mouse game and always has been.

Offline Larry L

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 07:49:14 AM »
The article is typical of a lot of what you're reading on the internet these days- it's BS. Yeah, the black boxes record data in regards to the vehicle sensory items. But unless it has GPS installed, it's not going to record any locations and none at this time are recording GPS points that have GPS installed in the vehicle. You're in more trouble with your cell phone than these black boxes. The idea is to glean information about folks driving habits just before they crash. From that, they can come up with more typical scenarios than what they have in the lab. This means they can build safer cars. Considering Yomma wants more fuel mileage, auto makers are going to have to build lighter. So where do they cut the weight? These black boxes are going to tell them. They also give the powers that be real information about real world fuel mileages. These are not near as invasive as yer cell phone. I wouldn't suggest selling that Ferrari and getting a Schwinn just yet.

FWIW, with the introduction of the 2015 F150, you'll be seeing a lot of the body panels being stamped from aluminum. Your insurance is going to pop real good as aluminum as a body panel doesn't repair good. The body shops will be an exchange of parts instead of hammering dents out.

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 07:56:57 AM »
we are, indeed, in the day of "Big Brother".

all these "Devices" will sooner, or later, be mandated in order to purchase insurance; no device, no insurance...to disable them will be a crime...

welcome to the world of obama.
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline Anna

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 07:57:21 AM »
I have an F150 and I love it. But thanks Larry for this info, this will impact my decision when I ever
replace the one I currently have. It sounds like another one of FORDs better ideas is turning out to
be another one of their brain fa*ts.

Offline Larry L

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 08:49:03 AM »
Well Anna, if you like yer current F150, I'd suggest taking extremely good care of it. You'll learn to hate the new ones, especially the EcoBust. They have no clue why one will run great and the next one they can't make run at all. Their answer is throwing parts at them and prayer...and that's not working either. Fuel dilution is also an issue with units at 3500 miles having up to 8% fuel in the oil- not good for a long life engine. The 5.0 is having oil consumption issues that they're not seeing in the Mustang. The 3.7 V6 is a high stressed engine and should never have been put in such a heavy vehicle which is why the transmission is a busy piece of machinery. Worst news, Ford Gods want all engines EcoBoost. I drive a 2004 Supercrew with a 4.6 2V and it's now seeing a lot of tender loving care. I don't see anything on the horizon that would make me want to trade for the issues I'd be buying into, regardless of brand.