Author Topic: Shootin' Josey Wales Style  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Firelock

• Trade Count: (0)
Shootin' Josey Wales Style
« on: December 23, 2012, 07:57:47 AM »

I got a new Uberti-made Colt Walker replica from Taylor's & Co. and I couldn't resist grabbing my old ASM Walker for some Josey Wales action.

Eastwood made it look so easy...it aint...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk603K7RjyY

Offline Hellgate

• Avid Poster
Re: Shootin' Josey Wales Style
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 10:42:49 AM »
That was a joy to behold. I settled on 44grs of FFg + wad +.454 ball and no lever drop. The FFg is a softer shooting powder. As for the lever retaining spring I put a shallow step in the top of the bulge and that cured the lever drop. Too steep of a shelf and you can't lowder the lever but once I did that no more lever drops on my pair. My weenie forearms are not strong enough for me to Josey Wales it. It is a safety issue for me. I'd be like Martin Short in 3 Amigos when handed the Walker he drops the gun sticking nose down into the dirt. I used mine in CAS matches when I got shifted into Frontier Cartridge category (when there weren't enough Frontiersmen to make a class) and was allowed two hands to shoot them.
Gun control=OSHA for criminals

Hellgate
SASS#3302
DGB#29
NRA Life

Offline Firelock

Re: Shootin' Josey Wales Style
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 08:08:03 AM »
I hear you! They weigh about 5 pounds each when loaded. I can't just hold them both out and blaze away in classic gunfighter mode...too heavy.

Offline uno676

Shootin' Josey Wales Style
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 08:21:21 AM »
Nice video got me excited to shoot my CHRISTmas present 1851 navy.

Sent by passenger pigeon using Tapatalk KD0SOK
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson