Author Topic: Ron Paul slams NRA, is against armed guards in schools.  (Read 2776 times)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Ron Paul slams NRA, is against armed guards in schools.
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2012, 10:15:52 AM »
I talked to some teachers at a Christmas party....they said they weren't keen on armed guards, but like a high tech approach...metal detectors, tough security doors, bullet proof doors and glass, and automatic lockdown on school and classroom doors when a pop,pop,pop is heard...stuff like that. 
 (Incidently, one said they absolutely love their Chevy Volt_ _$30-40 on gas for the year..!)
..TM7
The ability to lock all the classroom doors at the same time shouldn't be used.  in a large school there could be from 20 to 40 kids in transit between classrooms, library and restrooms, main office etc. plus a cafeteria full of kids.
to me the answer is hardened entrances with an armed guard to buzz people in and out.
a suspicious person could be halted, made to open their coat etc. to check for weapons.
at my bank, you can't even enter with sunglasses on.  no motorcycle helmets either.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline jimster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2012, 11:16:11 AM »
I don't think the answer is an easy one, but one fact remains, all our government personnel from the president on down are protected by armed people, because they found out the ONLY way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, if you don't want to call 911 to have them hurry up and send a bunch of guns. So the fact remains...it must be a good idea to have good people armed with guns, and our children are just as important as anyone else. In most cases, a lot more important than government employees.
Far as money goes, the states should flip the bill...but I have no idea why a democrat would bring up the cost at a fed level, they pour money down the black hole as a way of life....for them to complain about spending is really weird.
There is no great answer...but someone being armed besides the bad guy is the best so far. It's the only one that could work at this time.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2012, 11:29:07 AM »
I don't think the answer is an easy one, but one fact remains, all our government personnel from the president on down are protected by armed people, because they found out the ONLY way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, if you don't want to call 911 to have them hurry up and send a bunch of guns. So the fact remains...it must be a good idea to have good people armed with guns, and our children are just as important as anyone else. In most cases, a lot more important than government employees.
Far as money goes, the states should flip the bill...but I have no idea why a democrat would bring up the cost at a fed level, they pour money down the black hole as a way of life....for them to complain about spending is really weird.
There is no great answer...but someone being armed besides the bad guy is the best so far. It's the only one that could work at this time.
You're right.  and we need to do it now.  somewhere out there is a nutcase planning to copy the CT shooting.
I wouldn't trade one kindergartner for everybody in DC so I'm contacting everyone at the state and federal and county level to do something at once.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2012, 01:55:17 PM »
This is a local problem and should be handled at the local level. Anything the feds control quickly turns into a huge, ineffective, costly mess. TSA, post office, FSA, Border Patrol, whatever.

As for armed police in the schools the largest town in my county had had them for years. It hasn't caused any problems and there certainly haven't been any shootings. I'm in favor of a closed campus. No admittance to the schools during school hours without proper ID and armed security, preferably police on campus, but also trained teachers that want to  be part of it. Do away with gun free zones everywhere also.

Offline 52bagman

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 12:25:43 PM »
There is a town near where I live that now have their officers doing all the daily paperwork in the local grade school. You still need to go to the Police Station for normal COP business. They also want the kids to get used to the police and go to them and not away from them.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2012, 07:04:31 AM »
school seems like a good place for a sub-station

IF the local police and principal  WANT to do it
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2012, 09:33:15 AM »
school seems like a good place for a sub-station

IF the local police and principal  WANT to do it

I remember back in the day of the motorcycle cop, we had police officers around our schools all the time.
They would even let us sit on the Harley and flash the lights once in a while.Good PR move and they made their presence known.We will never prevent all these murderous acts from occuring, but can reduce the frequency and amount of deaths with sensible protection at the schools.ZERO need for the Federal government to be involved at all.
Taking guns (ANY) guns from citizens  will not make any difference, and these Criminals, we the sheeple keep electing know this well. Never was, or has it ever been their intent.They are not that stupid.There just that evil!They smile and rub their hands together when a event like this happens.It gives them momentum to carry out their agenda.The only children they care about are their own. Yours and mine are fodder to be used by them.They won't be satisified until they have all freedom loving people disarmed and under total control. (WORLD WIDE)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 03:57:15 AM »
My wife and I flew to Frankfurt Germany in 87, and there was military all over the airport with automatic weapons.  we felt perfectly safe among them.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 08:39:12 AM »
Are there disposal fees for the batteries?  If so, what is the cost?

With GM the price is exchange because they recycle them,

Replacement cost for a 2002 Prius battery pack is now under $700.

That is great if it is true 4 x $700 ever 8 years is almost a wash.

But that is not what I am reading on the WEB.

She had to have the battery pack in her gas-electric car - a 2002 Toyota Prius - replaced because it would no longer hold a charge.  The prospective bill was much higher than just the replacement battery (right), however. The service manager said a new battery management computer might be needed, at a cost of $1,176. And there was $31 for new electrical cables and $720 for labor. With taxes, the estimate came to $5,785.76.

If you guys want to talk about your auto's, then start another thread!What in blue blazes does electric cars have to do with Ron Paul slamming the NRA?
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.