Author Topic: Putin to ban Americans from adopting russian children.  (Read 1122 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Putin to ban Americans from adopting russian children.
« on: December 27, 2012, 04:39:38 PM »
Putin set to sign bill banning Americans from adopting Russian children  Published December 27, 2012
FoxNews.com      MOSCOW –  In a spiteful move reminiscent of the Cold War era, Russian President Vladimir Putin said Thursday he will sign a bill banning Americans families from adopting Russian orphans, apparently in retaliation for U.S. criticism of his nation's human rights record.
The law would block dozens of Russian children expected to be adopted by American families from leaving the country and cut off one of the main international routes for Russian children to leave often dismal orphanages. Russia is the single biggest source of adopted children in the U.S., with more than 60,000 Russian children being taken in by Americans over the past two decades.

The U.S. State Department has already expressed deep concern about the Russian measure.
Spokesman Patrick Ventrell said late last week that American families over the past two decades "have welcomed more than 60,000 Russian children into American homes."
"The welfare of children is simply too important to be linked to political aspects of our relationship," Ventrell said.
U.S. Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul also said last week that the bill would “link the fate of orphaned children to unrelated political issues.”

He noted that the two nations had already struck an agreement to improve safeguards to protect adopted Russian children, and said "it is unfortunate that now the Duma has apparently decided to take away these negotiated safeguards and ignore the hard work and negotiations on both sides that went into putting this agreement together."
The bill is retaliation for an American law that calls for sanctions against Russians deemed to be human rights violators and part of an increasingly confrontational stance by the Kremlin against the West.

Putin said U.S. authorities routinely let Americans suspected of violence toward Russian adoptees go unpunished — a clear reference to Dima Yakovlev, a Russian toddler for whom the bill is named. The child was adopted by Americans and then died in 2008 after his father left him in a car in broiling heat for hours. The father was found not guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

Putin indicated that he would endorse the measure.
"I still don't see any reasons why I should not sign it," he told a televised meeting. He went on to say that he "intends" to sign it.
UNICEF estimates that there are about 740,000 children without parental custody in Russia, while only 18,000 Russians are now waiting to adopt a child. American adoption advocates say the move sentences untold numbers of Russian kids to a childhood without loving parents.

"Over the last 20 years 60,000 children have been adopted from Russia," said Lauren Koch, spokeswoman for the National Council for Adoption. "If this bill is enacted, this means that tens of thousands of children will languish in orphanages.
"As you know this bill is in response to a human rights bill that President Obama signed," Koch continued. "But really what they are doing is creating another human rights issue. Those children deserve the hope and promise of a loving family."

The U.S. State Department says it regrets the Russian Parliament's decision to pass the bill, saying it would prevent many children from growing up in families
Critics of the bill have left dozens of stuffed toys and candles outside the parliament's lower and upper houses to express solidarity with Russian orphans.

Children rights ombudsman Pavel Astakhov on Wednesday said that 46 children who were about to be adopted in the United States would remain in Russia in case the bill comes into effect. On Thursday, he petitioned the president to extend the ban to other countries.
"There is huge money and questionable people involved in the semi-legal schemes of exporting children," he tweeted.
The Associated Press contributed to this report

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/27/russia-putin-says-intends-to-sign-anti-us-adoptions-bill-into-law/?test=latestnews#ixzz2GJXptjq9
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline The Hermit

• A Real Regular
  • Security is the ability to take care of yourself.
Re: Putin to ban Americans from adopting russian children.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 05:39:47 PM »
Another political leader guility of child abuse!

The Hermit

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 05:54:05 PM »
Good for Putin.

There is no future for white people in the USA under the present racial caste system, which relegates whites to Second Class Citizenship. 

Russian children may grow up in Russian orphanages, but they'll at least be first class citizens in their own land and they won't have to pay taxes to give free health care and free education to Mexicans and other 3d world primitives.

Offline powderman

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 06:37:40 AM »
GOOD DEAL. There are more than enough kids to adopt right here in America without adopting foreigners. If the adoption laws here are too complicated, fix it. No need to go elsewhere. Let the russians raise their own, and Americans raise ours. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 07:58:55 AM »
GOOD DEAL. There are more than enough kids to adopt right here in America without adopting foreigners. If the adoption laws here are too complicated, fix it. No need to go elsewhere. Let the Russians raise their own, and Americans raise ours. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

I agree.......Our leaders are quick to condemn other nations for their human rights records when they should be working on ours.How many children do we have in our inner cities without proper food, clothing, medical and other basic necessities? Not sure how many we have in our own orphanages.
When our Criminals in office bad mouth other countries, are their criminals in charge suppose to take it and keep their mouths shut? Are things any worse in Russia than here at home? I don't know! Our Leaders tell us it is, but we do know they are not above lying......Don't we? We have multitudes of serious problems here that we are unable to fix without worrying about the rest of the world.Let the Russians adopt their orphans, and lets take care of our own! We can't elect a decent President in our own country.......Why should we worry about Russia?
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Larry L

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 08:22:39 AM »
The issue in the US has always been finding white babies for white families. There are few to be had, so folks go where they can find them. Putin is a lot like our elected, he's a moron. Must be something with the job. Anyway, he's stupid for doing this as the Russians only allow white babies to be adopted that have issues, like mental conditions or deformities. He's been able to reduce the babies abandoned by parents who either don't want a deformed child or can't afford the medical bills. They are living in deplorable conditions there as the Gov't considers them disposable. Allowing them to be adopted only reduces the number of these kids and it costs the Russians less.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 08:55:53 AM »
GOOD DEAL. There are more than enough kids to adopt right here in America without adopting foreigners. If the adoption laws here are too complicated, fix it. No need to go elsewhere. Let the russians raise their own, and Americans raise ours. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
No, it's not a good deal for the children who will not be adopted.

there are not plenty of kids to be adopted here - at least, not the kind that are in demand, not HWI. People want HWI.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Anna

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 01:18:33 PM »
This has been going on for some time now, Putin has threatened us that he would do this if things
didn't change over here.  Fly by night adoption agency's have turned some of these Russian children
over to parents that should never have been able to adopt even by our standards.
Children locked in closets , burned by cigarettes, and only used to get more welfare money.
I've seen this, and these kids end up in a foster home crying to go back home.

Or they run away and are picked up off the streets homeless and do not speak our language. Some
have even been murdered in order to collect life insurance policy's from their deaths. When reading
things like this, I will have to defend Mr. Putin judging by all the other lies our media tells us.
It comes down to our story , and his story, and then the truth.

And if you think the Russian mafia isn't alive and well in this country also, think again. 

Offline hillbill

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 01:34:04 PM »
This has been going on for some time now, Putin has threatened us that he would do this if things
didn't change over here.  Fly by night adoption agency's have turned some of these Russian children
over to parents that should never have been able to adopt even by our standards.
Children locked in closets , burned by cigarettes, and only used to get more welfare money.
I've seen this, and these kids end up in a foster home crying to go back home.

Or they run away and are picked up off the streets homeless and do not speak our language. Some
have even been murdered in order to collect life insurance policy's from their deaths. When reading
things like this, I will have to defend Mr. Putin judging by all the other lies our media tells us.
It comes down to our story , and his story, and then the truth.

And if you think the Russian mafia isn't alive and well in this country also, think again.

i did not know this,i thought that the cost of adopting a russian child would kinda weed out those that would abuse them.but if he wants to keep russians in russia i cant blame him. if yu want to adopt there are plenty of kids rite here!

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 01:38:41 PM »
I was not planning to buy any Russian orphans, anyway, though I might go to Russia for a while and help out in one of their facilities that treats orphans. It's been my experience that people who buy orphans from other countries just don't qualify as adoptive parents here. Just sayin'.
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline Anna

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 02:59:21 PM »
I was not planning to buy any Russian orphans, anyway, though I might go to Russia for a while and help out in one of their facilities that treats orphans. It's been my experience that people who buy orphans from other countries just don't qualify as adoptive parents here. Just sayin'.

+1 CDQ , the FBI was supossed to look into these shady adoption agency's last year. The last time
Putin got hot under to coller about this. I never heard what ever came out of it though.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 03:02:40 PM »
Putin to ban Americans from adopting russion children.

I'm ok with this. Americans, ESPECIALLY HOLLYWIERD TYPES, must think it more "glamorous to adopt foreign children", when there are plenty here that need homes. Are these types wanting children, or just "foreign children"?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Anna

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 04:42:21 PM »
i did not know this,i thought that the cost of adopting a russian child would kinda weed out those that would abuse them.but if he wants to keep russians in russia i cant blame him. if yu want to adopt there are plenty of kids rite here!

I'm not real sure how that worked, our agency's never got into that end of it. But I think a lot of it at
the start was done out of donations and the Russian government footed some of the bill .
I do remember Fox News doing an article about this a couple of years ago. At that time Fox was very
supportive of Mr. Putins stance on this, citing the abuse that some of these kids had gone through.
There was an outcry in Russia back then that caused him to get involved. It wasnt aimed at us the
American people, but more toward our government for not investigating these adoption agency's .
One baby had been shaken so hard it had brain damage, this was what sparked this entire thing back
then.

Offline powderman

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 04:51:06 PM »
Hunter. Seems like a status thing with the rich and famous to adopt foreign kids and get their faces plastered in libby mags. For every foreign  kid adopted that means one HERE that has no chance. Take care of OURS first. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline The Hermit

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 06:43:04 PM »
I have a nephew who is married to a doctor in upstate NY. She is unable to have children. They arranged through adoption agencies to go to China and adopted a young female baby with a cleft pallot(spelling?) and brough her home. She had her surgery here and is fine. It took thousands of dollars to make 3 trips to China, background checks, and for subsequent care. The little girl is beautiful and met about 60 of her new relatives in her new extended family at Christmas and even sat on the Hermit's lap, without crying and is getting lots of love. She has her own college fund started.
They are now arranging to do it again and have been approved. Have a heart folks. Some of these kids have no future. Nobody in their own country "values" them like an American family does.
My only point is that adoption should not be subject to political whims. I view it as a form of child abuse to let a human being lanquish in an institution when there is love and help available.

The Hermit

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 03:41:32 AM »
I have a nephew who is married to a doctor in upstate NY. She is unable to have children. They arranged through adoption agencies to go to China and adopted a young female baby with a cleft pallot(spelling?) and brough her home. She had her surgery here and is fine. It took thousands of dollars to make 3 trips to China, background checks, and for subsequent care. The little girl is beautiful and met about 60 of her new relatives in her new extended family at Christmas and even sat on the Hermit's lap, without crying and is getting lots of love. She has her own college fund started.
They are now arranging to do it again and have been approved. Have a heart folks. Some of these kids have no future. Nobody in their own country "values" them like an American family does.
My only point is that adoption should not be subject to political whims. I view it as a form of child abuse to let a human being lanquish in an institution when there is love and help available.

The Hermit

Interesting observation.  A white friend has a white nephew  forced  to attend an integrated school where  "oppressed minorities" beat the crap out of him every other day.  I think it is abuse to let  white children languish in an institution where their  cries are ignored  because of their skin color.   School administrations ignore white pleas for help  because there are no white civil rights organizations to  file lawsuits on   behalf of white victims  (who probably deserve to get beaten up because their ancestors were racists who owned slaves anyway). 

How interesting that so man Americans will fight to save children on the other side of the world but will ignore their own right here. 

Offline Anna

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 07:32:20 AM »
Look at some of my recent post about Russia. Have you ever thought that this is only a ploy by Putin to ensure that more Russians mostly small children. Are not caught up in what is about to happen
over here ?

A long vacation in Hawaii ?  How about a summit with certain world leaders away from the prying
eyes of the Washington MSM ? Not a conspiracy theory if you look at the origins of certain
fights that were coming into Hawaii around the same time Obama was there .
I don't think the country's involved were just coming there at that time to vacation when many of
them do not celebrate Christmas anyway.   

Offline The Hermit

• A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 11:59:46 AM »
lgm270,
In my statement above, what ever gave you the idea that I am ignoring the children right here? How did you come to that conclusion? This post is about Putin's decision to exploit children for political reasons.

Anna, do you honestly think Putin cares about the children at all? If he did, he would provide adequate funds for their care.
Also, Putin and Obama could never escape media scrutiny to have a summit in Hawaii.

At any rate, I wish you all well, and have a Happy New Year.

The Hermit

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 12:43:36 PM »

Agreed we have too many foreigners already.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Anna

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 01:06:01 PM »
Didn't say it could have been with Putin did I ? And as far as those children, back then Putin was only
acting out of public sentiment in his own country. And Obama could meet with any number of
representatives and not draw any attention to that fact.
If the media even knew anything they sure would not tell us anything but another lie.
Ask yourself , how fast did the USSR fall when the facts came out ? Pretty darn fast by my account.
It was all said and done in less than a months time. All that was left was the cleaning up after the
mess. People in East Germany had no advance warning and didn't know what to do next. They at
that time were totally dependent on their Western cousins for help.
We are missing the one major fact here, we can not sustaine the present path we are on without our
own collapse. Any more than the Soviets did, and as I said Putin will act out of his people's overwhelming fears about their citizens that are over here if we fall also.
This looks more like a move to not only prevent any more children from coming here, but a prelude
to stop other Russians from coming here . Look beyond the box, right before the fall of the USSR the
state dept. Told Americans over in Europe to seek out any neutral country and to head there and
stay there until further notice .I know, me and my friends were some of them and we were told to
leave Poland immediately. People still think it can't happen here.

Putin is a Russian, and he always puts Russia first .

Offline Anna

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 01:30:58 PM »
Anna, do you honestly think Putin cares about the children at all?

Oh he cares alright, and if it is a political move from a guy who has everything anyway. It's only
to draw attention to the fact about how messed up we have become. Just like we did smiling like
hyenas when his courty was was coming apart at the seams.
Then to have "W" Bush invite him to his ranch in Texas, and put him on display making jokes about
how his country had flailed in the Cold War and we won !
Remember when Putin and Bush meet at that summit in China ? Putin had photos of him pokeing
Bush in the chest telling Bush something we were never told what it was ?
The media in Europe darn sure said what it was, Putin told Busy to keep his #€£¥++ nose out of his
business . Americans as a whole have very short memory's, and we make the same mistakes over
again as a result of this .

Offline Anna

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »
And this is on topic, when your trying to explaine anything that Putin does . It helps if you look at
what he has done in the past. He does very little for any political gain, the man was a cold blooded killer at one time. He knows things about our government few of us will ever know.
The KGB was not a stupid outfit, and in that cat and mouse game they had our own CIA having to
earn their pay. Notice you hear very little about Putin on the world stage when our own presidents
stay in the limelight. Putin wants it that way, better to stay silent and presumed as a fool.
Than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt. So when you do hear from this man he means what
he is saying . No games here with him, so any assumption by us as to why he did this . Is our
problem and not his because in one sense you are right . He doesent give a rats behind what anyone
thinks about him .

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 03:28:05 PM »
Anna, do you honestly think Putin cares about the children at all?

Oh he cares alright, and if it is a political move from a guy who has everything anyway. It's only
to draw attention to the fact about how messed up we have become. Just like we did smiling like
hyenas when his courty was was coming apart at the seams.
Then to have "W" Bush invite him to his ranch in Texas, and put him on display making jokes about
how his country had flailed in the Cold War and we won !
Remember when Putin and Bush meet at that summit in China ? Putin had photos of him pokeing
Bush in the chest telling Bush something we were never told what it was ?
The media in Europe darn sure said what it was, Putin told Busy to keep his #€£¥++ nose out of his
business . Americans as a whole have very short memory's, and we make the same mistakes over
again as a result of this .
;)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline powderman

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 04:26:55 PM »
Another post into cybersape I reckon.
HERMIT. I do understand your point, but for every kid adoped from a foreign country, an American is overlooked. Thousands of American kids need that love and security too. Let the foreigners take care of their own, and we'll take care of ours. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 12:28:07 AM »
 I've known ~20 couples over the years who've adopted; most out of the US Foster Care system, a few via arrangements with family, the rest from other countries. Some could have children of their own, some could not. Some wanted children of their own race, some didn't care. ALL just wanted to love and provide a good life for a child.

Most wanted to adopt infants (and I don't blame them). Some couples I've known had to go through hell to adopt an infant via the US Foster Care system. The birth Mother may want the child back after agreeing to give him/her up and the courts almost always favor the birth Mother (even if she's a crack head). I was privy to one heart-wrenching situation where a baby girl was yanked back and forth for three years between an obviously unfit birth Mother and hopeful adopting foster parents while the lawyers/courts battled it out. It isn't always as easy-peasy as some might assume, and one never knows going in if things will go smoothly.

Right or wrong, the above is one reason some folks choose to adopt from outside of the country. And believe it or not, there are people who view ANY baby as an innocent victim of circumstances beyond his/her control, regardless of WHERE born. All that I know personally call themselves Christians.
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline Dee

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 01:49:04 AM »
I've known ~20 couples over the years who've adopted; most out of the US Foster Care system, a few via arrangements with family, the rest from other countries. Some could have children of their own, some could not. Some wanted children of their own race, some didn't care. ALL just wanted to love and provide a good life for a child.

Most wanted to adopt infants (and I don't blame them). Some couples I've known had to go through hell to adopt an infant via the US Foster Care system. The birth Mother may want the child back after agreeing to give him/her up and the courts almost always favor the birth Mother (even if she's a crack head). I was privy to one heart-wrenching situation where a baby girl was yanked back and forth for three years between an obviously unfit birth Mother and hopeful adopting foster parents while the lawyers/courts battled it out. It isn't always as easy-peasy as some might assume, and one never knows going in if things will go smoothly.

Right or wrong, the above is one reason some folks choose to adopt from outside of the country. And believe it or not, there are people who view ANY baby as an innocent victim of circumstances beyond his/her control, regardless of WHERE born. All that I know personally call themselves Christians.

Every thing you said here is true, and an argument I had not thought of. Excellent point.

Offline Anna

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2012, 06:17:04 AM »
Before we go off on what we think PM Putin is doing this for, have any of you ever seen this man in
person ? I saw him speak at a convention in Brussels years ago, and I'm telling you his body
languadge says much more than his mouth does. Not that he is, but he can stir up a crowd as quickly
as Hitler could. This man does not beat around the Bush ,no pun intended. He doesn't have to and wouldn't anyway. Although I do not agree with most of his policy's , i do believe he is the most qualified leader in the world today. And the biggest mistake people make with him is not recognizeing
that he is for Russia first and foremost. Look at what he has accomplished in his own country !!
A country laying in ruin from the collapse of the Soviet Union, a people that had never known any
true form of capitalism , a populace that could not be caught worshiping God Almighty.

And had to do so in secrecy like the Christians under Rome had to.No outside help or loans,starvation
that was worse than they had under communisum. Factory workers who for so long had said
( They pretended to pay us ,so we pretended to work ) People who had no vehicles, no real running
water or sewage, no convienance of a telephone. Yet he convinced his people to pull themselves up
from thier bootstraps and to go to work rebuilding Russia! At the fall of the USSR when goods started
to flow out of Russia, we in the west were shocked at the quality of the Russian workmanship.
While we were buying junk made in China that fell apart as soon as we used it. Thank Bush Senior
for that, Clinton tried to change it but couldn't .

And guys, before we in the west knew any better. How were the Russian women depicted ? As these
ignorant overweight commies wearing clothes that looked like a potato sack?I can still remember my
brothers reaction the first time they saw what a real Russian woman looked like . OMG ! Yup, I'm
sure a lot of American men were saying that back then ! And the guys weren't to bad either !
So in the Cold War,who lied to who ? So what's Putins motivation in doing this ?
Putin doesn't need motivation he is motivated.We can not hold or compare Vladimir Putin to anything
we now have sitting in Washington. That's like comparing John Wayne to Pee Wee Herman.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2012, 08:48:28 AM »
Is Mr. Putin able to keep the International Banksters out of Russia's finances?

Arrgh Off topic again.
I'd like your take on that Anna :)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Anna

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2012, 11:19:46 AM »
Is Mr. Putin able to keep the International Banksters out of Russia's finances?

Arrgh Off topic again.
I'd like your take on that Anna :)

I don't know the answer to that BBF, but I do know he wouldn't let them push him around. And I do
know that no one is pulling his strings. Unless of course they would like a plutonium cocktail.   ::)

Offline Dee

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2012, 12:39:47 PM »
No he's pullin theirs. At gun point. The government runs things in Russia, and at the present. Putin is the government..