Author Topic: Military may lose much of it's funds  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
Re: Military may lose much of it's funds
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 05:34:24 AM »
Absolutely, too many have forgotten that day.  when I watched those towers fall I had a knot in my chest until I heard Bush say we will get them.

I watched the towers fall and wondered how I could help. It only took me a week to enlist. I wasn't looking for a "welfare system", I was looking to get even. I can report having done that and then some. ;)

Due to the global war on terrorism, our budget had to expand to what it is now. It takes alot of money to get us to where we can help rid the world of those people responsible and those planning more horrific events. It may be a never-ending war, but hopefully soon we will be able to scale back somewhat and handle the few left with a much smaller number of troops.

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 05:36:18 AM »
Fine. We still spend as much as the rest of the world COMBINED, including our allies. Lots of things we can do without.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2013, 05:56:51 AM »
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Others of us who have served, think we should root out terrorists who have killed 3,000 and more fellow Americans...nothing new there..

Absolutely, too many have forgotten that day.  when I watched those towers fall I had a knot in my chest until I heard Bush say we will get them.

I don't think anyone has forgotten that terrible day.After the shock wore off, and we were told what happened, that most were Saudis, I thought if we needed to wage war, it would be against them.
That would not have been financially beneficial, so the PTB decided to go after a country that had nothing to do with the atrocity that day.Rember what General Butler had to say in his book......War is a racket! Always has been and will always be.Our boy's and girls are just fodder to them.A few have benefited big time, while the rest of us have suffered. IMO, this whole bloated Government needs to be cut  drastically! Military included.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 08:39:43 AM »
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Others of us who have served, think we should root out terrorists who have killed 3,000 and more fellow Americans...nothing new there..

I don't think anyone has forgotten that terrible day.After the shock wore off, and we were told what happened, that most were Saudis, I thought if we needed to wage war, it would be against them.
That would not have been financially beneficial, so the PTB decided to go after a country that had nothing to do with the atrocity that day.Rember what General Butler had to say in his book......War is a racket! Always has been and will always be.Our boy's and girls are just fodder to them.A few have benefited big time, while the rest of us have suffered. IMO, this whole bloated Government needs to be cut  drastically! Military included.

Exactly .. Not a single one was an Iraqi. Fact is under Bush Cheney Rumsfeld admin, (Bush was just a puppet, don't believe me read Rummies book)  Rumsfeld himself describes how he was a bystander the morning of 9/11 providing no input

"Our multi-billion-dollar Defense Department and its chief were unprepared, incompetent, and  ignored as Cheney seized the reins and ran the country". - Rumsfeld

FACT: we took our eye off the ball for years in a war that had nothing to do with 9/11 and bringing those responsible to Justice. But hey Cheney's cronies at Haliburton and their subsidiaries (who were awarded 99% of the contracts) stock soared Under his private War Racket.

The years of conventional warefare are over the DOD could use a little budget trimming and prioritization directing approprite amounts of budget $$ Towards more modern areas of DEFENSE

Why didnt we pursue Saudi  -  well a picture is worth a thousand words.

"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 08:40:05 AM »
I may be mistaken on this but as I understand it the military isn't going to take a cut in funds.
When the government talks about cuts in spending all it is talking about is a cut in the amount of increase a program will receive.
They never cut something back to less then it was getting before!
GOD forbid!
That would save money and we all know our government isn't about to do any of that.
A cut in spending is nothing more then a cut in the amount of increase proposed.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07