Author Topic: Senator Feinstein's proposed bill  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Senator Feinstein's proposed bill
« on: December 29, 2012, 03:21:45 PM »
In January, Senator Feinstein will introduce a bill to stop the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition feeding devices.
To receive updates on this legislation, click here.Summary of 2013 legislation Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

• Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
    • 120 specifically-named firearms;
    • Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
    • Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
  • Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
    • Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
    • Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
    • Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
  • Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
  • Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
    • Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
    • Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
    • Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
  • Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    • Background check of owner and any transferee;
    • Type and serial number of the firearm;
    • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Senator Feinstein's proposed bill
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 05:01:05 PM »
The Second Amendment ain't about HUNTING. It's about protecting citizens from idiots like her.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 12:56:59 AM »
"Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons."

Cool beans. All of my weapons are exempted. I don't use my feet to operate a one of 'em. :)
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 04:10:33 AM »
The Second Amendment ain't about HUNTING. It's about protecting citizens from idiots like her.

Bill, that is the clearest, most concise and accurate explanation of the Second Amendment I've ever seen.  Thanks.
Swingem

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 03:29:01 PM »
Basically, the law expands the definition of assault weapon, then when you die you forfeit it to the government.  There is no passing it on to relatives.  What you legally bought before doesn't matter.  It will be categorized as an assault weapon, must be registered as such and then it belongs to the government ultimately.  So all those AR-15's that law abiding citizens are buying now will be gone.  All because some mental case who should have been locked up behind padded walls was left in a home instead with guns laying around by a spoiled woman who needed $350,000/year alimony.  No, if it wasn't this incident, Dianne would look for another.  She wants to be a tyrant and that is what tyrants do.  They confiscate guns and look for an excuse.  Like Ferdinand Marcos, who told the citizens they had two weeks to turn in guns.  Those who don't comply are executed. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 04:06:10 PM »
Another example of a knee jerk reaction to an emotional situation by a person who has no concept of the real
problem or problems that cause these incidents to occur! Fienstein would not know a buttstock from a forearm on a rifle or shotgun, yet we have people like her legislating about firearms that are clueless about them. She does this only for political expediency!

NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline cabledad

• Life Member of the NRA Cable Pioneer
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 04:10:58 PM »
I saw an interview where she was quoted as saying that she had a concealled carry permit. She didn't learn much.

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 04:50:36 PM »
Another example of a knee jerk reaction to an emotional situation by a person who has no concept of the real
problem or problems that cause these incidents to occur! Fienstein would not know a buttstock from a forearm on a rifle or shotgun, yet we have people like her legislating about firearms that are clueless about them. She does this only for political expediency!

Really.  Why all the discussions about what went wrong, when the result - taking away more guns - was already pre-planned?  The Dianne Feinstein law was written 1 year ago.  She was just waiting for a precipitous event.  She didn't want to bring it out before the election because it would hurt Obama.  So how American of her, to wait till after the election, then something happens she pounces on an unsuspecting populace like a lion with power and speed and fangs and all. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline powderman

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 05:27:03 PM »
I bet the obama supporters are jumping for joy seeing what they have accomplished. The hussein supporters should hang their heads in shame, but the won't, this is what they wanted. Shame on ya. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 06:28:07 PM »
I bet the obama supporters are jumping for joy seeing what they have accomplished. The hussein supporters should hang their heads in shame, but the won't, this is what they wanted. Shame on ya. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

You make it seem that Romney would be taking the NRA position if he were elected.  Are you kidding?  He said he would sign an Assault Weapons ban if it passed.  You didn't want him for guns.  You picked your man for other loyalties. 

Offline jeepmann1948

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (67)
  • San Angelo, Texas
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 04:12:05 AM »
This is the best article I have found about gun control:
http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2012/dec/19/thomas-sowell-gun-control-marked-by-invincible/

Thomas Sowell  did his homework on this one. Please read and pass on
Thanks
George
"it ain't what you shoot em with......................
  it's where you hit em "

Offline powderman

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 05:21:01 AM »
Hairy. I knew you'd still support hussein no matter what. He's doing exactly what we said he'd do and the opposite of what YOU and the other obama supporters said he'd do. Congratulations, you got the gun control ya wanted. Shame on you guys. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Hairy Chest

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 06:12:55 AM »
Hairy. I knew you'd still support hussein no matter what. He's doing exactly what we said he'd do and the opposite of what YOU and the other obama supporters said he'd do. Congratulations, you got the gun control ya wanted. Shame on you guys. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

Romney was unelectable.  You can blame his neocon views for losing the election.  Bush beat Clinton on a humble foreign policy.  Americans don't like wars for Israel.  If Republicans acted like Americans, not Israeli's, things might be different.  We still need to act like Americans. 

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 06:28:44 AM »
Feinsteins bill is still a bill.  Relax. 

Offline magooch

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 06:32:01 AM »
Quote from Harry Chest:
Romney was unelectable.  You can blame his neocon views for losing the election.  Bush beat Clinton on a humble foreign policy.  Americans don't like wars for Israel.  If Republicans acted like Americans, not Israeli's, things might be different.  We still need to act like Americans.

Yeah, but when did being involved in Sudan and Libya and Egypt and Syria become more American than being friends with Israel?
Swingem

Offline D Fischer

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 06:32:45 AM »
Something to keep in mind about Feinstein is that after she got the handgun ban in San Francisco she was the only one caught with one,,,,in the city hall. She claimed she needed protection! So while she would deprive citizens of firearms ownership, it would not apply to her!

Offline Larry L

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 06:44:16 AM »
Here's my take on this gun control bill. I think it's all about smoke and mirrors. Should the bill get passed, which I highly doubt, you can bet there will be law suits against the bill which would force it to the Supreme Court. They don't have, at this time, the votes on the SC to get it into law and it would be over turned. The communists in DC already know this. I think this is a ploy so that hussein can further destroy this nation in the back ground while we are focused on the gun control issue. Notice how the media is flooded with gun control crapola and not just how screwed up DC is with no budget and no plans for the future except to spend more money we don't have. Smoke and mirrors guys, that's all this is.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 07:34:24 AM »
Man you have to love this country! A gang of ruthless criminals debating and passing laws for us to follow while exempting themselves from those same laws.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 08:49:34 AM »
Based on the proposal, my Marlin 60 with 18 round tubular magazine is an assault rifle, as is my single shot 22 mag. with thumbhole stock.  I guess if I tape a flashlight to my double shotgun it would then be an assault shotgun....

These people are the most idiotic of all the idiots, but never dismiss the power of stupid in large groups...

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 09:12:16 AM »
Every one has a lot to say on the web, I only hope that you all have been writing the Pres. and your state rep. as much as I have. I don't think this is all smoke and mirrors they are serious and will pass as many restrictions and banns as they can. Was the Clinton ban smoke and mirrors?

Offline Casull

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 12:11:07 PM »
But, but, but the obama supporters said he wasn't after our guns.  Were they lying to us, or just stupid?
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline powderman

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 01:05:45 PM »
But, but, but the obama supporters said he wasn't after our guns.  Were they lying to us, or just stupid?

CASULL. BOTH.

Yeah, but when did being involved in Sudan and Libya and Egypt and Syria become more American than being friends with Israel?

MAGOOCH. BINGO, And supporting Gods chosen ones has NOTHING to do with the hussein supporters wanting to disarm you and me. More libbydem crappolla. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

Offline Anna

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2012, 01:20:47 PM »
I'm not so sure that Senator Frankenstein didn't get the wrong brain during the transplant !
I am sure that Obama got the one from Igor. 

Offline Casull

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »
Yep, Anna, she must have gotten the one from that Abbie person.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Redtail1949

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 04:30:30 PM »
i bet her bill or one even worse will be put thru as an amendment to one of these last minute must be done to save the nation legislation. they will tie it to something of that nature to get it thru.
it is coming they will not stop they will take all weapons before it is over.
the ones that support gun ownership will vote it thru and try to cover themselves with the "..we really had no choice we had to pass it or the nation would have collapsed..'crap.
yep they will not let a good crisis go to waste.

Offline painted horse

• Avid Poster
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 05:32:59 PM »
Only thing I want to know is, if/when all this takes place, who's going to organize the revolt, and where do I sign up....... >:(  no, I'm not kidding...I don't have a chance by myself..

Offline powderman

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 06:23:50 PM »
i bet her bill or one even worse will be put thru as an amendment to one of these last minute must be done to save the nation legislation. they will tie it to something of that nature to get it thru.
it is coming they will not stop they will take all weapons before it is over.
the ones that support gun ownership will vote it thru and try to cover themselves with the "..we really had no choice we had to pass it or the nation would have collapsed..'crap.
yep they will not let a good crisis go to waste.

REDTAIL. Attached to a feed the children or some such thing. This is what the obama supporters supported and voted for. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

Offline dwalk

• A Real Regular
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013, 07:53:23 AM »
Feinsteins bill is still a bill.  Relax.
she has introduced it to the legislative process.
difi is a 79 year old, abcess to decent, law abiding, firearms owning, americans, who should have been vote out YEARS ago! what's wrong with the voters in her district?
the inmates are running the asylum...
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline dwalk

• A Real Regular
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2013, 08:12:36 AM »
Based on the proposal, my Marlin 60 with 18 round tubular magazine is an assault rifle, as is my single shot 22 mag. with thumbhole stock.  I guess if I tape a flashlight to my double shotgun it would then be an assault shotgun....

These people are the most idiotic of all the idiots, but never dismiss the power of stupid in large groups...

Ben

the "Thumbhole stock" provision is for detachable magazine or other "Any one feature, military-style" weapons...
now, if you were to put a flashider AND a thumbhole stock on your H&R single shot, centerfire rifle...would it be an "Assault weapon"?
even more onerous is the fact, as it appears to be, the 10/22 you put into a thumbhole stock, is now an "Assault weapon" as it has a detachable magazine...
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2013, 09:09:59 AM »

the "Thumbhole stock" provision is for detachable magazine or other "Any one feature, military-style" weapons...
now, if you were to put a flashider AND a thumbhole stock on your H&R single shot, centerfire rifle...would it be an "Assault weapon"?
even more onerous is the fact, as it appears to be, the 10/22 you put into a thumbhole stock, is now an "Assault weapon" as it has a detachable magazine...

and

• Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
  •  

• Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
  •  
    Maybe not
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)