Author Topic: Judge allows Texas to ban funds for planned parenthood. Good deal.  (Read 818 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Judge allows ban on funds to Planned Parenthood  Published December 31, 2012
Associated Press    Texas can cut off funding to Planned Parenthood's family planning programs for poor women, a state judge ruled Monday.
Judge Gary Harger said that Texas may exclude otherwise qualified doctors and clinics from receiving state funding if they advocate for abortion rights, attorney general spokeswoman Lauren Bean said.

The state has long banned the use of state funds for abortion, but had continued to reimburse Planned Parenthood clinics for providing basic health care to poor women through the state's Women's Health Program. The program provides check-ups and birth control to 110,000 poor women a year, and Planned Parenthood clinics were treating 48,000 of them.
Planned Parenthood's lawsuit to stop the rule will still go forward, but the judge decided Monday that the ban may go into effect for now. In seeking a temporary restraining order, Planned Parenthood's patients could have continued to see their current doctors until a final decision was made.

"We are pleased the court rejected Planned Parenthood's latest attempt to skirt state law," Bean said. "The Texas Attorney General's office will continue to defend the Texas Legislature's decision to prohibit abortion providers and their affiliates from receiving taxpayer dollars through the Women's Health Program."
Ken Lambrecht, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas, said he brought the lawsuit on behalf of poor women who depend on its clinics.

"It is shocking that once again Texas officials are letting politics jeopardize health care access for women," Lambrecht said. "Our doors remain open today and always to Texas women in need. We only wish Texas politicians shared this commitment to Texas women, their health, and their well-being."

Planned Parenthood has brought three lawsuits over Texas' so-called "affiliate rule," arguing it violates the constitutional rights of doctors and patients while also contradicting existing state law.
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission has spent the last nine months preparing to implement the affiliate rule. But federal officials warned it violated the Social Security Act and cut off federal funds for the Women's Health Program, prompting the commission to start a new program using only state money.

State officials have also scrambled to sign up new doctors and clinics to replace Planned Parenthood. Women who previously went to Planned Parenthood clinics will now have to use the agency's web site to find a new state-approved doctor.
On Friday, HHSC officials acknowledged they are unsure whether the new doctors can pick up Planned Parenthood's caseload in all parts of the state.

Linda Edwards Gockel, a spokesman for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, said Monday that the new state program will launch as planned on Tuesday.
"We have more than 3,500 doctors, clinics and other providers in the program and will be able to continue to provide women with family planning services while fully complying with state law," she said. "We welcome Planned Parenthood's help in referring patients to providers in the new program."

Democratic lawmakers continued to question whether women will have to wait longer for appointments and services.
"I vehemently disagree with the state's efforts to blacklist a qualified provider and, thereby, interfere with a woman's right to choose her own provider," said state Rep. Donna Howard, D-Austin. "I will be submitting a letter to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, requesting a list of approved providers to gauge the outreach of the new program, and ensure that all qualified women throughout the state have access to its services."
Another hearing is scheduled with a different judge for Jan. 11, where Planned Parenthood will again ask for an injunction to receive state funding.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/31/judge-allows-ban-on-funds-to-planned-parenthood/?test=latestnews#ixzz2GfiqGPJ1
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
Re: Judge allows Texas to ban funds for planned parenthood. Good deal.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 04:56:26 AM »
Brilliant!! Just like cutting off your (censored word) because you peed on your feet. Any more good ideas- square wheels perhaps ? Then when these 47% reproduce enough to become the 57%, they can vote you into a nursing home , give you laxatives, and then take bets on whether you make the john in your wheelchair. It can be televised, what a reality show- the Texas two steps----too far. Cleanup in aisle 5 ! Have you ever seen the movie "Idiocracy"?, if not, you need to.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 05:28:30 AM »
Brilliant!! Just like cutting off your (censored word) because you peed on your feet. Any more good ideas- square wheels perhaps ? Then when these 47% reproduce enough to become the 57%, they can vote you into a nursing home , give you laxatives, and then take bets on whether you make the john in your wheelchair. It can be televised, what a reality show- the Texas two steps----too far. Cleanup in aisle 5 ! Have you ever seen the movie "Idiocracy"?, if not, you need to.
I had thought that someday you might have something good to say.
guess it won't happen.

a person should not be forced to pay for something that is against his/her religion.
planned parent is a "for profit" baby murder mill.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline twoshooter

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:58:45 AM »
OK. Lets take this slow and quiet. First of all, to the extent that planned parenthood operates as a "for profit", you should be happy- that would be capitalism at least. As far as I know, there is no stock offered in Planned Parenthood, it is not a "for profit" organization. Now, you feel put upon because you believe that you should not have to pay for something you do not believe in. That would be fine if it were evenly applied, my taxes could go to planned parenthood and none to oil subsidies or the military, we would be fine. The way things are set up, we all pay for everything we all in some way benefit from, be it military, police, fire, roads etc etc. I do sympathize with your position in principal. I look at it this way. Every person I can prevent is far more economical and efficient than trying to eliminate after they are fully here. If someone is trying to aid me in that prevention, regardless of motive, they are beneficial . If persons whom are not able or willing to be responsible for and care for new humans they create, that places a burden on me. People whom create persons who are defective and unable to contribute to their own care and needs are also an unwarranted burden. Some things are unavoidable, but to deliberately create , to aid and abet in creating, or to allow (to a lessor extent) to be created, an economic burden for which I did not contract for or approve, is to me the same as theft by deceit at best. If you are attempting to have a child, and you have a known genetic defect  or medical condition  which could cause a disability, the cost of which could exceed your personal capacity to care for and pay for, as far as I am concerned, that is theft. Some of the people going to planned parenthood are avoiding that scenario. So....your religion wants ME to pay for things I don't believe in.....
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 09:06:09 AM »
i find it "Odd", or "Unusual"...that under the law of the land, abortion is, not only legal, but it is advocated, condoned and supported as being a womans right, yet, many living under the same law, are against condemned, murderers, being excecuted... :-\
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline cabledad

• Life Member of the NRA Cable Pioneer
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 10:47:02 AM »
Being a Texan all my life I don't want my tax dollar going for abortions. That should be my right.

Offline powderman

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 01:19:36 PM »
i find it "Odd", or "Unusual"...that under the law of the land, abortion is, not only legal, but it is advocated, condoned and supported as being a womans right, yet, many living under the same law, are against condemned, murderers, being excecuted... :-\

DWALK. Strikes you as odd too?? Who can figger liberals. ::) ::)

2 shooter. I don't want my tax $s being given to a baby butcher to murder a child because a female doesn't want it and refuses to control her urges. Start your own baby killer fund for planned parenthood, I'm sure it would be appreciated. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 01:39:15 PM »
twoshooter, if they don't make money on it, they must kill babies for pleasure.
planned parenthood is a misnomer, when a pregnant girl goes there for guidance, she's immediately advised that she don't need to raise a baby.  it's like sport to that group.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline twoshooter

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 04:29:47 PM »
I know you believe that terminating a pregnancy is killing a person. I do not. Nothing said here will ever change either one of us. I respect your devotion to your position, regardless of how wrong I believe your conclusion is. Planned Parenthood does a great deal more in womens health issues- pap smears, mamagrams, all type of cancer and reproductive disease testing services, not just abortions. I wish they could prevent ever single pregnancy that occurs without intent, planning, and preparation. If they could and did, it would eliminate 99.99% of all abortions. I would like to see as few abortions as possible, they are expensive and invasive procedures that come with substantial risk of side effects, even when successful. I will do my best to see that you do not succeed in your goal. I bear you no ill will, but under the circumstances I decline to wish you luck. ;) I do hope you are well. The battle will continue. Until next time......

Offline dwalk

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 05:24:00 AM »
why should those who do not believe in abortion be FORCED BY LAW, to fund it through their taxes? is that our societies idea of "Fair"?
we even have those that are advocating live birth abortion...and we should be FORCED BY LAW to fund it?
IMO..if a woman, over the age of 18, should want an abortion...that's up to her...but the public taxpayer should NOT be expected to fund it.
i heard one lib woman say: "Women have more health issues than men, but we should not have to pay more for health insurance..."
we live in CONVOLUTED times...

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 05:29:09 AM »
Quote from dwalk:
"why should those who do not believe in abortion be FORCED BY LAW, to fund it through their taxes? is that our societies idea of "Fair"?we even have those that are advocating live birth abortion...and we should be FORCED BY LAW to fund it?

What if I do not believe in war, should I be exempted from paying taxes toward it? What if I do not believe that pot users should not be jailed can I withhold taxes to build and run prisons? We all pay taxes on things we would rather not support. Why should Planned Parenthood be the exception?
GuzziJohn

Offline brettcar

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 05:53:33 AM »
I must not be understanding this correctly. Texas says we will continue to provide FREE health care and contraceptives to women, but you have to choose from this list of physicians. Isn't this what all insurance companies do? My insurance company does this. They are getting this for free.
When Seconds Count--the Police are only Minutes Away

Offline powderman

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 06:09:08 AM »
2Shooter. God told Jeremiah, I knew ye before I formed ye in the womb. I believe that life begins at conception, just like God told Jeremiah. I don't understand how anybody could see it differently.
Aside  from killing babies I believe that planned parenthood provides a much needed service, but as long as they insist on killing unwanted babies, instead of finding homes for them, I don't want ONE RED CENT of tax $s supporting them.
My beliefs come from the Bible, not sure where yours come from, but you are entitled to your opinion. I appreciate the polite and courteous reply. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 06:32:58 AM »
2Shooter. God told Jeremiah, I knew ye before I formed ye in the womb. I believe that life begins at conception, just like God told Jeremiah. I don't understand how anybody could see it differently.
Aside  from killing babies I believe that planned parenthood provides a much needed service, but as long as they insist on killing unwanted babies, instead of finding homes for them, I don't want ONE RED CENT of tax $s supporting them.
My beliefs come from the Bible, not sure where yours come from, but you are entitled to your opinion. I appreciate the polite and courteous reply. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
PM, well said.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 07:06:53 AM »
I always ask , if a live sperm and a live egg combine to start the life of a human at what point was it dead ? You see it never was dead until killed by an out side influnce or aborted by the mother because of some biological reason .
  then we hear "A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE A CHOICE AS TO WHAT SHE DOES WITH HER BODY " well I agree as long as she chooses before she involves another human . So if she does not wish to have a child don't engauge in un protected sex. Is that hard to get a grip on ?
  Planned parenthood , hum , more like OH sh-- how do we fix this ? little planning involved really.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline dwalk

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 08:30:22 AM »
Quote from dwalk:
"why should those who do not believe in abortion be FORCED BY LAW, to fund it through their taxes? is that our societies idea of "Fair"?we even have those that are advocating live birth abortion...and we should be FORCED BY LAW to fund it?

What if I do not believe in war, should I be exempted from paying taxes toward it? What if I do not believe that pot users should not be jailed can I withhold taxes to build and run prisons? We all pay taxes on things we would rather not support. Why should Planned Parenthood be the exception?
GuzziJohn
IIRC...it is against  federal law for taxpayer funding to go to abortion...it's just, conviently, being ignored in the name of "Womens rights"...

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 09:18:36 AM »
to compare taxes that are forced on tax payers that only benefit a person or speical intrest group is no where near like the funding of a military that benefits all citizens and to try and make such a foolish statement seem reasonable is foolish.

Offline powderman

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 10:21:20 AM »
I always ask , if a live sperm and a live egg combine to start the life of a human at what point was it dead ? You see it never was dead until killed by an out side influnce or aborted by the mother because of some biological reason .
  then we hear "A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE A CHOICE AS TO WHAT SHE DOES WITH HER BODY " well I agree as long as she chooses before she involves another human . So if she does not wish to have a child don't engauge in un protected sex. Is that hard to get a grip on ?
  Planned parenthood , hum , more like OH sh-- how do we fix this ? little planning involved really.

SHOOTALL. Well said Sir, true. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 02:01:39 PM »
IMO, killing the sperm or killing the egg is no different than a haircut or trimming your nails.
it's when they unite that they become a unique person.
it's like chicken eggs. an unfertilized egg or rooster sperm by itself can never become a chicken.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline twoshooter

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 02:18:37 PM »
I do agree with the first part of the above statement- the "life" was there to start with, there IS NO NEW LIFE, just a continuation of life that was, that as some point becomes capable of an independent existence. I will accept that at the point of independent existence, I would classify it as a person.
       If you want to use the Bible..... or the Koran, or Torah, or Book of Mormon, as a rationale and guide for YOUR behavior, that is YOUR choice. You have absolutely NO right to expect, demand, request etc that anyone else do so. I also will not accept irrational, unsupported superstition as proof of or an argument for some particular rule or regulation. I do understand that it is important to you, that because of that belief it could have serious effects in your life, and I have no intention of trying to argue with you, or to insult or belittle your belief. I have no desire to have you believe as I do, I simply cannot and will not accept arguments based on information that cannot be independently verified. There is no reason nor point in being impolite about it, it would only make matters worse and cause hard feelings. There is too much of that already.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 02:43:32 PM »
I do agree with the first part of the above statement- the "life" was there to start with, there IS NO NEW LIFE, just a continuation of life that was, that as some point becomes capable of an independent existence. I will accept that at the point of independent existence, I would classify it as a person.
       If you want to use the Bible..... or the Koran, or Torah, or Book of Mormon, as a rationale and guide for YOUR behavior, that is YOUR choice. You have absolutely NO right to expect, demand, request etc that anyone else do so. I also will not accept irrational, unsupported superstition as proof of or an argument for some particular rule or regulation. I do understand that it is important to you, that because of that belief it could have serious effects in your life, and I have no intention of trying to argue with you, or to insult or belittle your belief. I have no desire to have you believe as I do, I simply cannot and will not accept arguments based on information that cannot be independently verified. There is no reason nor point in being impolite about it, it would only make matters worse and cause hard feelings. There is too much of that already.
By the same token, the liberals such as yourself have NO RIGHT to force me to support a group that kill babies for sport.
BTW, I didn't see anyone being impolite, only stating their beliefs. some of us believe abortion is murder.  if that upsets you, you must have a guilty conscience. :)
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline twoshooter

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 05:29:21 PM »
No it does not upset me :) I rarely have difficulty killing anything. I did not imply you or others here were impolite, PM had just noted that I was trying to be civil, and I was returning the sentiment, which I appreciate. I am up at 5:30 to go to work, so I will leave it there. The issue will still be there tomorrow.

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 03:04:45 AM »
"you all got to have those babies--but we ain't  going to help you pay for them...and God said so.
I have a great interest in this.  bugeye said it took 14 years to finally adopt a baby.  prospective parents are out there, waiting a long time or sometimes never getting a child.
PP has some very good programs for single mothers, but too much of that planning is advising girls to kill the baby.
It's a proven fact that those babies feel pain just like anyone else.
would anyone here like to have their head pulled off??  or how about being injected with saline until it burns your skin, and those are the least horrible types of abortion.
read this and pray that this savagery will stop.
http://bound4life.com/abortion-techniques/

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 04:53:31 AM »
to compare taxes that are forced on tax payers that only benefit a person or speical intrest group is no where near like the funding of a military that benefits all citizens and to try and make such a foolish statement seem reasonable is foolish.
 Military funding might not be 'benefiting all' if many people think wars are a racket and benefit only a select few; more over that funding doesn't benefit me and the country if it drives all of us into the poor house because of some whacked out MIC-intel foreign policy...
.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That might have a thread of truth but it would be hard to prove either way as we don't know if had we not taken the actions we did that other countries may have taken control of power , raw materials, shipping lanes , oil etc. that would have placed us in a worst position than we are . The fact is as a country our military provides security that is enjoyed by all Americans .
..TM7

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 01:30:21 PM »
The Bub congress just voted down the revised women's rights act, too. So, the right starts down the long road to losing another election...
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.