Author Topic: From a woman's point of view......  (Read 722 times)

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
From a woman's point of view......
« on: January 01, 2013, 04:52:47 AM »
  •      Charity Troyer.
  •     Do you wonder why gun owners would want a gun, even those “evil” black ones? Please read my response as a Christian, wife, mother, and Daughter of the Revolution.

I love to shoot. I’m good at it. I shoot with friends and family for the thrill of hitting that tiny target. I use to be scared of guns, but now I thoroughly enjoy them.

As far as defending my life…If I’m with my daughter and my vehicle breaks down where there is no phone service, I want my pistol right there on my side. If my husband isn’t at home and someone thinks they can take advantage of that, I want my rifle to make them think twice about coming after a not-so-big woman. Do I want to shoot someone? No, of course not. But if someone comes after me or my family, I will. No gun law is going to stop that intruder/attacker/rapist. But it will help them carry out their crime if I can’t defend myself.

I took my first pistol class in order to shoot any wild animals coming after our farm animals. I felt I shared that responsibility with my husband. Turns out, I was a pretty good shot, and enjoyed hitting the bullseye. Realizing a pistol is for short distance and not practical across a field, I wanted to take a rifle class. My husband and dad joined me for an all-weekend Appleseed rifle clinic (www.appleseedinfo.org). I couldn’t believe how much fun it was to hit that tiny target @ 25 yds. We went again, and I scored expert, earning a Rifleman’s patch. My husband was on one side and my dad on the other. It’s a feeling I will never forget.

Then I absorbed the history told at Appleseed – our real history. Our forefathers had been in America for 6 generations when England decided to tax without representation in order to pay their debt. To be sure there was NO OPPOSITION, the redcoats attempted to destroy the colonists’ arms and ammunition. What if…what if our forefathers let them? What if they simply handed everything over? Have you ever thought about that? I praise God they did not. They stood their ground and fired when fired upon - only firing first in defense of other colonists. They defended YOUR liberty and mine. I do not want to let them down, discarding what they gave their lives for.
    • “Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.” JOHN ADAMS after witnessing the carnage of April 19, 1775.
    • “When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.” THOMAS JEFFERSON
    • “All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.” THOMAS JEFFERSON

As a Christian, I will not let my government take away my God-given rights.
    • “Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.” Galatians 5:1-3

My government works for me, so when they are wrong, I will not be silent. It is not the number of rounds a magazine can hold, the color of the firearm, or how big it is that causes murder. It is a soul without hope, plain and simple. This is due to their choices and/or mental illness. And if one of these souls decides to start shooting, I want someone there who can shoot back.

Funny that the politicians and celebrities that are for the gun ban, are protected by people with firearms. They have felt safety and do not care about ours. We are faceless to them.
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: From a woman's point of view......
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 05:33:11 AM »
It's too bad that not enough people agree with her to make any difference.

this country has too many cowards.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline SharonAnne

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 04:10:04 PM »
you have heard about getting between a sow bear and her cubs.
SharonAnne
Luke 22:36-38

Honor the American Soldier and Sailor, the source of Our Freedom

Really, it only hurts when I breath - SharonAnne

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 10:53:01 PM »
To be sure, we have enough traitors who are willing to ignore the blood shed by patriots in OUR behalf and trade LIBERTY for slavery for reasons that they can't learn any other way than by slavery---which will have to be fixed by another generation of Patriots.
It is the history of the world,
I will not trust my liberty to the hands of another man----lest I become his slave.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 06:02:51 AM »
I WILL trust my liberty to another man, or woman, if he/she stands by me armed to oppose the forces of slavery.
SharonAnne

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 06:52:15 AM »
I see alot more women in shooting. Many are very good at it in the sports . Others are in it to learn to protect themselves and family. I say welcome . One thing I notice when shooting with ladies or introducing them to shooting is they don't think they were born super shots ( although some are naturals at it) but rather follow instruction and pick up good habits to start with. I also learned to assist a woman picking out a gun by ansewering her questions not telling her what she needs. Most ladies look at guns different than men IMHO. They want a tool that fits their needs and one they feel comfortable working with.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 10:46:06 AM »
"I will not trust my liberty to the hands of another man----lest I become his slave." 
William, that was very well said.  Did you get that from somewhere, or is it your own statement?  Either way, whoever said it, it is profound. 
So many ways to look at that.  Most of here would certainly not trust our freedom to Obama.  On a much smaller scale, but no less important, is the army private in the thick of battle with his friend fighting at his side.  Of course in the latter situation, those boys have gone to fighting for freedom to fighting to keep the other alive.  The concept of the grand statement is almost too beautiful to put in other terms. 
Anway, very well said.   

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 10:53:28 AM »
One other point.  A nation's freedom is very much not in the minds of the youngsters who were sent to defend it.  Yes, lots of them go into the hell of Muslim World with the correct notion they are trusted by their goverment to promote the cause of freedom.  But from the earliest wars, when the real trouble comes to the indiviudal soldier, he wants only to survive.  The only thing he wants more than survival is for his friends to survive, and in his precious mind in those heated and terrible moments, that's what it takes.  The goverments of the world who send their kids to die are so very much aware of that.  Get them in with talk of righteousness, make them hate the enemy, have them believe that their actions will keep their children from oppression, and they will go.  But in those last moments, all politics of their country or the grandeur that is America, leaves them as surely as if they'd already been shot.  They stay alive to keep their friends alive, but in doing so, they unwittingly keep us free by giving their best.   

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 10:57:43 AM »
Well Mike don't fault the kids sent to battle !
When you are up to your azz in alligators it's really hard to rember you came to drain the swamp.

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 02:23:08 PM »
I am VERY sure Mike was not finding fault.
SharonAnne

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 01:44:16 AM »
Hope not

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 07:46:00 AM »
Please not where Mike in V says "Keep us free by giving their best".  I see no fault in that statement, only praise.
SharonAnne