Author Topic: Ordered the Huntsman today!!  (Read 765 times)

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Ordered the Huntsman today!!
« on: February 14, 2004, 11:09:33 AM »
Got my name on the list at Wally World today for the standard Huntman (Walnut/Blued barrel) I know I posted about getting the Sidekick and who knows, maybe next year I will, but our MZ season here is only 8 days so I couldn't see the extra cost right now. This Huntsman is only $128.00 My budget for arms this year wouldn't allow for the Sidekick anyway. I should find out Mon. or Tue. as far as in stock and ETA on the Huntsman. I'll post then. Should pick up the new improved sawed off Pardner on Monday and that will give me something to toy with  :eek:  until the Huntsman arrives.  :D
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 11:40:47 AM »
lik2hunt,
  Sounds like a good deal. I started looking at the huntsman in Dec. and then spent the money on 3 new H+R rifles instead. When the Sidekick wasa announced, I thought I would wait to see that. Haven't seen one yet, or a price for one. The price you got for the Huntsman is better than I'm seeing around here, $159.00.
Don

Offline Tcallbuilder

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 02:41:09 PM »
lik2hunt;
i think you made a really good move......i just dont think you can beat the huntsman especially for the money.
i ordered mine through the barrel acc. program mounted on a partner frame.....i love the thing.
i have a knight and a tc muzzleloader but the huntsman gets the nod every time.
it will outshoot any mz ive shot so far.......and sooooo much eazier to clean.

TCB

Offline Primer

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2004, 05:43:04 PM »
lik2hunt,

Great move indeed.  You surely should not be disappointed and probably the best 128$ you will ever spend. FUN gun to shoot for sure and will bring a smile to your face when cleaning time rolls around.  :grin:

Never shot any projectile in my Huntsman  that it didn't seem happy with. Only thing is use the ramrod per instructions in owners manual and use good antiseize on breech plug (finger tight only), including up above the threads on the plug (important if you choose to use 777 ).

Let us know what your impressions are when you get her.

Offline huntman10

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2004, 06:15:54 PM »
:?: I notice the recommended maximum for the Huntsman is the equivalent of 100 grains of blackpowder.  Anyone load it a bit hotter?

Just curious.  I may have a little of my money back from Uncle Sam here shortly.  Don't have an inline (yet) :wink:
Real men don't set for stun!!

Offline tscott

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2004, 02:35:18 AM »
Of my muzzleloaders, nothing shoots as accurate as the huntsman.
The load that I'm most comfortable with is: 90gr 777, with either the 245
polymer tip, or 295 copper jacketed hollowpoint Powerbelts.
I shot a buck with this combo, this past Nov 16th. I only had a neck shot
at about 40-50 yds. The 295 hollow, went completely through the neck vertebra, and exited. I found a small bullet chard  in the flesh. My point is that with this kind of knockdown power, at this range, a significant
increase in killing range, (say 100-150yds) seems real.
I will try 2 pyrodex pellets at the range soon, because the only down
side to this rig is; that if I don't shoot, it is a real pain in the tail, trying to get the loose powder out of the barrel breach plug threads....

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2004, 05:12:22 AM »
Hmmm...The price at Wally World went up a little bit since I purchased my Huntsman last June...I think I paid $111.90 for the Huntsman.  Either way you got a steal of a deal on a gun that will shoot with the best of them.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2004, 03:22:20 PM »
lik2hunt,
              You will love the huntsman I've killed 4 deer over the past two seasons with mine.  One of those deer was my life time best 10 pointer.
One of the deer I took this year was a BIG doe at a little over 100 yrds I love this gun.  I've got other ML's but the huntsman go with me on all my hunts now.  I'm shooting the 285 gr. winchester gold partition over two 777 pellets
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 03:45:24 AM »
My greatly awaited new Huntsman should be here on Thursday, I found out yesterday. I will have to place her on layaway for about a month tho  :cry: . I will need all you guys' help in what additional supplies I will need after I get her out. I know already I will need a bullet starter, some anti-seize, cleaning stuff??, and I plan to use 2 pyrodex pellets for BOOM!!
 So any help now would be appreciated.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org