Author Topic: Chris Christie Tears Into Boehner For Delaying Sandy Aid: ‘This Was The Speaker’  (Read 4066 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
I wonder how fast Fed emergency funds get allocated to Texas..?
.....TM7

For gulf states hit

10 days for Katrina ,
12 Days for IKE.

NJ was still waiting after 66 days
I'VE NO DOUBT THE I got mine to heck with the rest of ya crowd should be chiming in any minute now.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
I wonder how fast Fed emergency funds get allocated to Texas..?
.....TM7

For gulf states hit

10 days for Katrina ,
12 Days for IKE.

NJ was still waiting after 66 days
I'VE NO DOUBT THE I got mine to heck with the rest of ya crowd should be chiming in any minute now.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey Libbies;
   The Bush administration was highly criticized for the short delay concerning Katrina..
     The Obama administration is sitting around with their fingers stuck up where? 
   Perhaps you better write a letter to the guy you worship and voted for.. ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
IG, you got that?  ;D ;D

Why is the delay the fault of republicans?  can't a democrat in the house introduce a spending bill?
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
When the Democrats controled both the Senate AND the Congress, they couldn't even introduce a budget. Why would you think they could handle a bill? Anyway, to introduce a bill NOW, would be to help NY & NJ. If they did that, then they couldn't blame the holdup on the Republicans. I think this is an effort to get the northern blue states to sweep Congress out next voting term.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline scootrd

My thoughts exactly. When Christi got elected I thought, gee NJ electing a conservative, but after seeing Christi in action he is far from a conservative. Its obvious he is a fat, obnoxious, loudmouth, change with the wind liberal. Its obvious he can't even take care of himself, let alone govern people.

DDZ and Dee this is a general statement directed at Washington ideologues not you!!!

Opinion and conjecture are not facts .

As a governor Chris Christie could care less what wingnut far right republicans think. He is a Moderate Republican. What you see as a loudmouth , others see as non political plain speak willing to cut through the crap double speak and call a spade a spade irregardless of entrenched ideologies. He has the ability to govern by reaching across part lines, not afraid to fight the good fights, and do whats correct not politically expedient. working with everyone is called effective governing. Washington could take a lesson.

Christie carries over a 70% approval rating among registered voters,not only within his party but transverses across party lines . Sound familiar to a president who resided in the 80's ?

In the famous words of Ronald Reagan  -   "I didn't leave the Democratic Party. The party left me."

This is why I walked personally away from Republican Party. The party has swung soooo far right it cannot recognize a moderate effective republican anymore. Those that continue to push even further right , ostracize the Chris Christies of the world, alienate moderate republican voters,  will continue to be the cause of shrinking the tent , force exclusion instead of inclusion, until the republican party becomes a minority of a minority and eventually irrelevant in future elections.

"I didn't leave the REPUBLICAN PARTY . The party left me."

I may not personally agree with all his politics, But Washington could use a lot more Chris Christe's and a lot less Allan Wests
and Michelle Bauchmans.
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline Dee

My thoughts exactly. When Christi got elected I thought, gee NJ electing a conservative, but after seeing Christi in action he is far from a conservative. Its obvious he is a fat, obnoxious, loudmouth, change with the wind liberal. Its obvious he can't even take care of himself, let alone govern people.

DDZ and Dee this is a general statement directed at Washington ideologues not you!!!

Opinion and conjecture are not facts .

As a governor Chris Christie could care less what wingnut far right republicans think. He is a Moderate Republican. What you see as a loudmouth , others see as non political plain speak willing to cut through the crap double speak and call a spade a spade irregardless of entrenched ideologies. He has the ability to govern by reaching across part lines, not afraid to fight the good fights, and do whats correct not politically expedient. working with everyone is called effective governing. Washington could take a lesson.

Christie carries over a 70% approval rating among registered voters,not only within his party but transverses across party lines . Sound familiar to a president who resided in the 80's ?

In the famous words of Ronald Reagan  -   "I didn't leave the Democratic Party. The party left me."

This is why I walked personally away from Republican Party. The party has swung soooo far right it cannot recognize a moderate effective republican anymore. Those that continue to push even further right , ostracize the Chris Christies of the world, alienate moderate republican voters,  will continue to be the cause of shrinking the tent , force exclusion instead of inclusion, until the republican party becomes a minority of a minority and eventually irrelevant in future elections.

"I didn't leave the REPUBLICAN PARTY . The party left me."

Well I hate to disappoint you, but if you have ever read any of my posts, you would realize that I left the Republican Party YEARS AGO. I am a CONSERVATIVE, not a MODERATE, and I am thrilled that Christi lives in Jersey and not here. With that said: He killed the RINO Romney ticket with that big fat "Obamahug" and "Obamapraise". In other words, he DID NOT stick to his guns when he needed to. He SUCKED UP TO OBAMA, and he STILL HASN'T GOT HELP HE WAS PROMISED "BY OBAMA" HE GOT SUCKERED WHEN IT COUNTED. ;)

Offline scootrd

Not dissapointing me , I told you it wasn't directed at you personally.

Until Moderate republicans wrestle control away from far their obstructionist right splinter more and more normal mainstream republicans will continue to leave the party.  They are on the path too becoming irrelevant and eventually vapor as a national party in future elections.

Washington Post latest article on same subject - 

Can Chris Christie rescue the GOP?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-chris-christie-has-lessons-for-gop/2013/01/08/e28b298e-59e7-11e2-9fa9-5fbdc9530eb9_story.html

JMHO

Semper Fi

Offline SHOOTALL

Well I hate to disappoint you, but if you have ever read any of my posts, you would realize that I left the Republican Party YEARS AGO. I am a CONSERVATIVE, not a MODERATE, and I am thrilled that Christi lives in Jersey and not here. With that said: He killed the RINO Romney ticket with that big fat "Obamahug" and "Obamapraise". In other words, he DID NOT stick to his guns when he needed to. He SUCKED UP TO OBAMA, and he STILL HASN'T GOT HELP HE WAS PROMISED "BY OBAMA" HE GOT SUCKERED WHEN IT COUNTED. ;)

some thoughts , he was supposed to be in the running for president  ::)  but he dosen't have a clue how the game is played.
  What did he expect ? has he never heard of pay back ?

If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Dee

Not dissapointing me , I told you it wasn't directed at you personally.

Until Moderate republicans wrestle control away from far their obstructionist right splinter more and more normal mainstream republicans will continue to leave the party.  They are on the path too becoming irrelevant and eventually vapor as a national party in future elections.

Washington Post latest article on same subject - 

Can Chris Christie rescue the GOP?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-chris-christie-has-lessons-for-gop/2013/01/08/e28b298e-59e7-11e2-9fa9-5fbdc9530eb9_story.html

JMHO

Semper Fi

I in no way took it personal. While I agree with you IN PART, on the Republican Party, it is the MODERATE, that caused me to leave them. I want a TRUE CONSERVATIVE PARTY in control. I want someone that will balance a budget in it's truest form, not a numbers juggler. I very well remember Reagan, I wasn't a kid at the time. I also remember Oliver North takin the hit for him on Contra. Most likely the last good president was Washington.
As I said. I am NOT a moderate. I AM a conservative.
What you call "far right" is exactly what this country needs (IMO). These "far right" Congressmen are trying to rein in the OUT OF CONTROL SPENDING, and make the government "live within it's means". Wouldn't that be somethin? These "far rights" you speak of are tryin to "RE-INSTATE the Constitution, and RE-INSTATE, the Bill of Rights, and are being portrayed as trouble makers.
From Reagan to Obama, America has meddled in other countries political affairs, propped up Dictators, took down Dictators we put in, killed Dictators we put in, and spent TRILLIONS we don't have. Moderate is the problem. You cannot be a conservative, and have moderate views.
Moderation fits very well in the "eating, drinking, and playing realm, but is a disaster in politics, because it is always abused, when abused in politics, it becomes CORRUPTION, not moderation. You cannot MODERATLY spend money you don't have, or MODERATLY tax folks that are tryin to feed families, and strugglin in a bad "moderate government induced" economy.

Offline BUGEYE

obama said that "HE" was going to cut red tape and handle it. "HE" didn't do a thing, so congress sat there waiting for "HIM" to handle it and nothing got done.
put the blame on obama because "HE" said that "HE" would handle it.

just another example of a lying democrat.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/hurricane-sandy-victim-in-viral-photo-claims-obama-broke-aid-promise-sent-her-disturbing-form-letter-response/
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

obama said that "HE" was going to cut red tape and handle it. "HE" didn't do a thing, so congress sat there waiting for "HIM" to handle it and nothing got done.

I agree, and he (Obama) SUCKERED "FAT BOY" Christie to PUBLICALLY PRAISE HIM A WEEK BEFORE ELECTION, and "FAT BOY" DID. "FAT BOY" fawned all over Obama like a high school boy over the "home comin queen", and it had it's affect. Obama got re-elected, and FAT BOY got squat!

Offline scootrd

some thoughts , he was supposed to be in the running for president  ::)  but he dosen't have a clue how the game is played.
  What did he expect ? has he never heard of pay back ?

Perhaps because he is not playing a game. He is governing as he was elected to do.
Washington could take a lesson.

Offline SHOOTALL

so he was elected to suck up ?

Offline scootrd

I in no way took it personal. While I agree with you IN PART, on the Republican Party, it is the MODERATE, that caused me to leave them. I want a TRUE CONSERVATIVE PARTY in control. I want someone that will balance a budget in it's truest form, not a numbers juggler. I very well remember Reagan, I wasn't a kid at the time. I also remember Oliver North takin the hit for him on Contra. Most likely the last good president was Washington.
What you call "far right" is exactly what this country needs.....

Far right is a joke. Its become another word for obstructionism and non-legislating.  I think you and I just have different views on conservatism. Being a republican does not automatically make one a conservative, even if they try and claim the mantle. Governing (dare I say) involves compromise. Moderate republicans are just as capable of leaning more conservative on fiscal issues.

yes ..I am more liberal on social issues (govt should stay out of my personal business, bedroom, property, marriage, a womens right to choose). Republicans claim small govt yet , they continuously get involved in social issues. advice for republicans  - STICK WITH ECONOMIC ISSUES.

I an also more conservative on fiscal issues. ie: floating two wars on a credit card, concern heathcare costs will eventually eclipse GDP
etc...

But NO ONE in congress really wants spending cuts including conservative republicans. No republicans , no Dems , no independents.  If they were defense waste would not be off the table.

What so called republicans want is the admin to throw some entitlement cuts on the table so they can return to their constituents and say  -  I didn't cut your medicare , I didn't cut your social programs, I didn't cut your Social Security. The DEMS proposed it .

I repeat there is NO ONE including republicans in Washington that wants to do the serious mature work. They are all about perceptions , posturing for media talking points, and spending 30% of their 32 week a year job dialing for dollars. Digging ones heels in only causes stagnation , and obstructionism. Effective governing must include compromise to avoid stagnation. (others flame away if you want, wont change my view).

Far right is leading the republicans down a path to national irrelevancy.
YES, Washington reps could take a lesson from Christie.

Offline BUGEYE

I agree, and he (Obama) SUCKERED "FAT BOY" Christie to PUBLICALLY PRAISE HIM A WEEK BEFORE ELECTION, and "FAT BOY" DID. "FAT BOY" fawned all over Obama like a high school boy over the "home comin queen", and it had it's affect. Obama got re-elected, and FAT BOY got squat!
I felt a little nauseous watching a grown man acting like a little girl.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

Far right is a joke. Its become another word for obstructionism and non-legislating.  I think you and I just have different views on conservatism. Being a republican does not automatically make one a conservative, even if they try and claim the mantle. Governing (dare I say) involves compromise. Moderate republicans are just as capable of leaning more conservative on fiscal issues.

yes ..I am more liberal on social issues (govt should stay out of my personal business, bedroom, property, marriage, a womens right to choose). Republicans claim small govt yet , they continuously get involved in social issues. advice for republicans  - STICK WITH ECONOMIC ISSUES.

I an also more conservative on fiscal issues. ie: floating two wars on a credit card, concern heathcare costs will eventually eclipse GDP
etc...

But NO ONE in congress really wants spending cuts including conservative republicans. No republicans , no Dems , no independents.  If they were defense waste would not be off the table.

What so called republicans want is the admin to throw some entitlement cuts on the table so they can return to their constituents and say  -  I didn't cut your medicare , I didn't cut your social programs, I didn't cut your Social Security. The DEMS proposed it .

I repeat there is NO ONE including republicans in Washington that wants to do the serious mature work. They are all about perceptions , posturing for media talking points, and spending 30% of their 32 week a year job dialing for dollars. Digging ones heels in only causes stagnation , and obstructionism. Effective governing must include compromise to avoid stagnation. (others flame away if you want, wont change my view).

Well, I don't think abiding by the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and living within one means is a "joke". But your intitled to your opinion.
As far as YOU cutting these programs, I don't think you were accused of it. Were you?
I don't believe what you and others call, "the far right" is leading republicans down the path to national irrevelancey. I think the republican party is already there. The democrats are just a "wilder versions of the republicans". These "Tea Party Folks "you call them FAR RIGHT", didn't JUST SHOW UP FOR CONGRESS. They were elected, just like your moderates. They have a different perspective than you and your moderates. I think what you and others call "the far right" is trying to give them (the republican party) CREDIBILITY. I also think that if I don't agree with you, then you consider me wrong. I disagree.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
THE CONSTITUTION... DOESN'T PROVIDE FOR.. free abortions, free sporting gear for sex addicts, free cell phones, free food stamps, WIC, headstart (brainwashing) kids), National endownment for the arts or "humanities", or paying the tab indiscriminate breeders mistakes..   
        Who pushes these "freebie" programs..Liberals or Conservatives ?

THE CONSTITUTION..DOES PROVIDE FOR ..The Right to Keep and Bear Arms..Freedom of (not from) Religion.. Right to Property Ownership..Freedom of Speech (as opposed to "political correctness)... Security in your home & person (even if you own guns)..Life (abortion kills), Liberty (1st & 2nd amendments + Bill of Rights)  Pursuit of Happiness (precludes high taxes & spending & big govt).
  Who pushes for the protection of these rights (and peoples lives, in the case of abortion killings)..Liberals or Conservatives?

WHO IS AT THIS VERY MOMENT, TRYING TO CURTAIL OUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS?   We can each answer that for ourselves, can't we!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline SHOOTALL

Far right is a joke. Its become another word for obstructionism and non-legislating. And you believe all the laws passed neded passing ? What was wrong with the way our country was set up to begin with ? The concept that we must always be passing new laws/restrictions or passing laws to seperate citizens from their wealth is much worst than non-legislating. The joke is the left. it has never worked for long in any place it has been tried or under any name it has been called by. I think you and I just have different views on conservatism. Being a republican does not automatically make one a conservative, even if they try and claim the mantle. Governing (dare I say) involves compromise. Moderate republicans are just as capable of leaning more conservative on fiscal issues.

etc...

Offline BUGEYE

IG, that was a good post, but the constitution party is about the smallest in the country.  I don't see things ever changing with the same old business as usual.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline scootrd

These "Tea Party Folks "you call them FAR RIGHT", didn't JUST SHOW UP FOR CONGRESS. They were elected, just like your moderates. They have a different perspective than you and your moderates. I think what you and others call "the far right" is trying to give them (the republican party) CREDIBILITY. I also think that if I don't agree with you, then you consider me wrong. I disagree.

I have no qualms with whether we agree or disagree.  One of my very best friends since elementary school and I disagree on 99% of everything . from big bore to small bore, from what scope to use , to what cartridge is most efficient , to politics , yet we have maintained our friendship for years (and yes some very good heated debates). I don't have nor never had a my way or the highway philosophy. Just cause we don't agree on issues , has never meant I am unwilling to read your input providing another perceptive.

But yes , I do consider Tea bagger bunch "out to lunch". IMO  - The Allan Wests, Joe Walsh's, Todd Akin's, Michelle Bauchmann's of the world provide no credibility to the party whatsoever. And most certainly not in the eyes of most mainstream voters.

Offline SHOOTALL

and you believe Reid does ? or Palosie ?  ::)

Offline scootrd

THE CONSTITUTION... DOESN'T PROVIDE FOR.. free abortions, free sporting gear for sex addicts, free cell phones, free food stamps, WIC, headstart (brainwashing) kids), National endownment for the arts or "humanities", or paying the tab indiscriminate breeders mistakes..   

THE CONSTITUTION..DOES PROVIDE FOR ..The Right to Keep and Bear Arms..Freedom of (not from) Religion.. Right to Property Ownership..Freedom of Speech (as opposed to "political correctness)... Security in your home & person (even if you own guns)..Life (abortion kills), Liberty (1st & 2nd amendments + Bill of Rights)  Pursuit of Happiness (precludes high taxes & spending & big govt).
  Who pushes for the protection of these rights (and peoples lives, in the case of abortion killings)..Liberals or Conservatives?

WHO IS AT THIS VERY MOMENT, TRYING TO CURTAIL OUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS?   We can each answer that for ourselves, can't we!
The constitution gives the right to privacy in the 14th amendment.
The supreme court decided in 1973 that laws against abortion violated a woman's right to privacy. (and know I dont believe abortions should be federally funded ). Just because you and I may personally disagree with a woman having an abortion, does not make it acceptable for us to push our views on others.

You speak of Freedom of Religion. (which includes persecution as well) yet there are those in this society that persecute other persons because of their religious beliefs  every single day. Even on GBO.

The next biggest fight coming down the pipe will be the right to bear arms. Some have argued though the 2nd allows Americans the right to bear arms , it does not diss allow the govt to regulate "which type of arms".  It will be interesting to see how Supreme court weighs in if gun laws are challenged.

I think we all have strayed way off the subject of this thread. Chris Christie is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the next 4 years . Like him or not, no matter what side of the debate you fall on.

Offline Dee

These "Tea Party Folks "you call them FAR RIGHT", didn't JUST SHOW UP FOR CONGRESS. They were elected, just like your moderates. They have a different perspective than you and your moderates. I think what you and others call "the far right" is trying to give them (the republican party) CREDIBILITY. I also think that if I don't agree with you, then you consider me wrong. I disagree.

I have no qualms with whether we agree or disagree.  One of my very best friends since elementary school and I disagree on 99% of everything . from big bore to small bore, from what scope to use , to what cartridge is most efficient , to politics , yet we have maintained our friendship for years (and yes some very good heated debates). I don't have nor never had a my way or the highway philosophy. Just cause we don't agree on issues , has never meant I am unwilling to read your input providing another perceptive.

But yes , I do consider Tea bagger bunch "out to lunch". IMO  - The Allan Wests, Joe Walsh's, Todd Akin's, Michelle Bauchmann's of the world provide no credibility to the party whatsoever. And most certainly not in the eyes of most mainstream voters.

Nor do I.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
In a press conference on Wednesday afternoon, Christie tore into Republicans and Boehner for their inability to put politics aside and pass through legislation that would help the many people still dealing with the storm’s aftermath. Chris Christie Calls 'Disgusting' Boehner's Decision to Yank Sandy Funds“There’s only one group to blame,” Christie said. “The House majority, and their speaker, John Boehner.” The House response last night, he added, was “disappointing and disgusting to watch.”

What was most disgusting for christie was that the Speaker simply refused to ok the drop of billions of dollars for non-specifics.  They want a bit more accountability than that, having been burned numerous times in the past by states like nj and ny.  In fact, in ny, gov cuomo has come up with a very detailed list of 'specifics' as to where the money would be spent, and that is what is needed.  Christie just wants the fed gov to hand over the $ on accounta he kissed the master's azz when he came to visit, and he ain't gettin' it, so he throws emotions into the mix,just like any democrap or liberal would.

“Last night, the House majority failed that most basic test of leadership and they did so with callous indifference to the suffering of the people of my state,” the governor continued, emphasizing that this is one issue that should not be caught up in political partisanship. It’s living up to the oath lawmakers took.

Actually, the house leadership showed its moxie by not simply handing over billions in aid for unspecified needs.  Please do not forget that liberals like christie and democraps just likehim will easily take that $ and misappropriate it for non hurricane related issues, and this is what the Speaker would not allow.  Tough for nj and christie but when you go to the buffet table, you get what is there not necessarily whatcha want.

New Jersey governor says his constituents didn't receive Sandy aid because of a "political game."   

Yes, the game is called 'accountability'.....

“Shame on Congress,” Christie scolded. “All I can tell you is this was the speaker’s decision,” Christie said. “His alone.”

Thaz right fat boy, play the blame game....

This is, I think, enormously damaging to the House GOP. It's one of their own, or at least another Republican. And Christie came across as very credible, he was at his no-b.s., regular-guy best. The Sandy failure will resonate and hurt the Republicans going forward. -Michael Tomasky

Mr. Tomasky:  chris christie is a rino, not a true republican.  His no-bs, regular guy fascade is simply that, a fascade.  christie will kiss anyone's butt if he thinks it will make him look better.  The one place you will always be able to find christie is at the buffet table or the federal disbursement office.  I mean hey, since he is so in love with spring-stein, why doesn't he have his 'boss' simply sing like a lark for donations and rebuild the jersey coast with that.  Oh yeah, don't forget to draw up a list of detailed 'hurricane-related' damage repair programs that the federal give-away will be applied to, rather than your supplemental budget requests and party coffers.. 

Uh Chris, ya listenin'??  Get that drumstick outta yer mouth fatso and start acting like you know what the hay your doin' instead of just beggin' the man for money.

Offline SHOOTALL

So much for the fat mans creditablity .

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Put a fork in him...he's all done...

Offline Dee

This is the Republican "RINO" in action. They jump from "stump to stump", and have no real loyalty to anyone other than their own career.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter

The constitution gives the right to privacy in the 14th amendment.  More convoluted liberal thinking.. Following that the "right to privacy" then should apply to any other murderers..why not to the mafia also?  Keeping killing "private" is what happens to a SCOTUS shot through with LIBERALISM..
The supreme court decided in 1973 that laws against abortion violated a woman's right to privacy. (and know I dont believe abortions should be federally funded ). Just because you and I may personally disagree with a woman having an abortion, does not make it acceptable for us to push our views on others. You claim Christianity..Is it alright with you to stand aside while little boys & girls are being slaughtered?

You speak of Freedom of Religion. (which includes persecution as well) Freedom of persecution ? yet there are those in this society that persecute other persons because of their religious beliefs  every single day. Even on GBO.  There are spirited debates concerning religione here..but persecution?  Most view "persecution" as bombing, shooting or beheading someone over religious belief..surely that doesn't happen here..even though it DOES happen elsewhere, check this link:     
             http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

The next biggest fight coming down the pipe will be the right to bear arms. Some have argued though the 2nd allows Americans the right to bear arms , it does not diss allow the govt to regulate "which type of arms".  It will be interesting to see how Supreme court weighs in if gun laws are challenged. As above and as recently witnessed recently..just because the modern SCOTUS comes down one way..doesn't mean that way is either morally or constitutionally correct.

I think we all have strayed way off the subject of this thread. Chris Christie is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the next 4 years . Like him or not, no matter what side of the debate you fall on.  He will fade like an old jacket..the Dems won't choose hoim and the conservatives have already written him off.

Offline scootrd

I think we all have strayed way off the subject of this thread. Chris Christie is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the next 4 years . Like him or not, no matter what side of the debate you fall on.  He will fade like an old jacket..the Dems won't choose hoim and the conservatives have already written him off.

hmmmm......

In latest Polls  -

Among Democrats, Christie has a 52 percent favor-ability rating
Among Republicans he has a 48 percent favor-ability  rating

He Seems to have garnered much mainstream support across all party lines to me.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter

He could have thanked the prez politely for stopping by and having a look at the damage..but need not have given him praise way beyond what was deserved, thereby opposing the man he was SUPPOSED to be supporting.. 
     Of course, we already know it was simply a "photo-op" for both Christie and the prez.
     Clearly, Obama didn't go right back to DC and use one of his many "executive orders" to provide funds for the storm victims.
  Instead, he went back to Washington, dithered for  many weeks while the senate crafted a bill giving $23 million to the storm damage ..and $37 million to their own favorite pork projects..
   Even after his long weeks of delay, the bill would have sailed through the house, were it not for all that  pork..  It's his fault for allowing the senate to pack on the pork !