Author Topic: Just One More Attempt of Many To Come!  (Read 607 times)

Offline Redtail1949

• Trade Count: (0)
Just One More Attempt of Many To Come!
« on: January 02, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »
Illinois Dems press forward with gun  control bills, firearms group warns of 'no exemptions'By Barnini Chakraborty
Published January 02, 2013
FoxNews.comIllinois Senate Democrats appear to be moving forward with new gun control  measures in the waning days of the legislative session, with one lawmaker  telling FoxNews.com that he will introduce a bill to limit ammunition magazines  to 10 or fewer rounds. Another Democratic lawmaker confirmed to FoxNews.com that  he is pushing a separate assault-weapons ban.
Amid the developments, the Illinois State Rifle Association issued an “urgent  alert” to its members warning them that Democratic legislators would try to push  through last-minute anti-gun legislation.
“There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering,” the group stated in its  alert. “You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the state  police and avoid prosecution.”
The state rifle association joins other gun-rights advocates in monitoring  legislative moves made by state lawmakers. The concern, they say, is that  legislators will try to push bills in the lame-duck session that would ban  access to military-style assault weapons and ammunition magazines that hold  dozens of rounds.
Those pushing for enhanced restrictions, though, say stricter rules are  needed in the wake of a string of high-profile mass shootings -- most recently  the deadly school shooting in Newtown, Conn. Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn had been  trying earlier this year to pass new legislation in the wake of the Colorado  movie theater shooting, but lawmakers are taking another crack at it.
Democratic state Sen. Dan Kotowski said he plans to introduce a bill that  would concentrate on the number of rounds in high-capacity magazines that he  says make assault weapons more lethal.
Kotowski sponsored legislation in 2007 that would have prohibited assault  weapons and .50-caliber rifles. His bill made it through a Senate committee but  died on the floor.
Another Democratic state lawmaker Antonio Munoz, told FoxNews.com that his  bill would put a blanket ban on all assault weapons “designed for war.” His  legislation was being considered Wednesday night in a public health committee  hearing.
Quinn has repeatedly tried to get stricter laws on the books but has fallen  short. Calls to the governor’s office for comment on upcoming legislation were  not returned.
The state Senate got back to work Wednesday. The House plans to return  Monday. Both legislative bodies are working against a Jan. 9 deadline -- when  the state’s new General Assembly will be sworn-in.
Gun manufactures in  Illinois have already threatened to leave the area if laws limiting guns are put  in place. ArmaLite owner Mark Westrom told FoxNews.com that he’s been fielding  offers from at least two others states to move his operation if gun control laws  in Illinois are pushed through.

Read more:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/02/illinois-dems-press-forward-with-gun-control-bills-firearms-group-warns-no/#ixzz2GsXxp7te

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Just One More Attempt of Many To Come!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 09:59:11 PM »

Another Democratic state lawmaker Antonio Munoz, told FoxNews.com that his  bill would put a blanket ban on all assault weapons “designed for war.”
In some pea-brains descriptions, that would mean ALL firearms.  they don't know the meaning of the word "infringe" so look out....
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 01:10:57 AM »
Again the .50 cal is mentioned in the ban... Why?   How many crimes have been committed with a .50 cal rifle exactly?   ::)   
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 01:23:57 AM »
Well, it remains to be see whether the Illinois gun owners, all of them, have enough collective guts to stand up to commie pigs like that, and resist oppression and confiscation.  If not, we will hear about it soon enough but to be perfectly honest, if the Illinois gun owners won't stand up for their own rights why the hell should we stand up for them, unless that is what obama's plan is.

What does Illinois say about this, eh??

Offline Defoe

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 02:39:17 AM »
Well, it remains to be see whether the Illinois gun owners, all of them, have enough collective guts to stand up to commie pigs like that, and resist oppression and confiscation.  If not, we will hear about it soon enough but to be perfectly honest, if the Illinois gun owners won't stand up for their own rights why the hell should we stand up for them, unless that is what obama's plan is.

What does Illinois say about this, eh??
If it comes down to a shoot-out, I hope everyone stands with them.

Offline gstewart44

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 02:57:21 AM »
Again the .50 cal is mentioned in the ban... Why?   How many crimes have been committed with a .50 cal rifle exactly?   ::)
Or a .50 cal Hawkin??   :o
I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less. (Gus McCrae)

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 03:54:18 AM »
I would favor federal legislation that would limit Illinois and all other states to 10 or fewer gun-grabbers.   
Swingem

Offline jammer308

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 04:49:51 AM »
THE ONLY CRIMES COMMITED WITH A .50 CAL HAVE BEEN CARRIED OUT BY THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT BY ORDERS OF ROGUE PRESIDENTS DIS-REGARDING THE LAWS THE THAT ARE IN PLACE IN ORDER TO PREVENT THOSE VERY CRIMES.... NO?

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 09:47:08 AM »
I would presume the 50 cal ban would be aimed towards the BMG round and not muzzleloaders
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 10:19:09 AM »
I would presume the 50 cal ban would be aimed towards the BMG round and not muzzleloaders
Yes that would be your presumption and mine.  but remember they are liberal gun-grabbing idiots.
they think a semi-auto can be fired full-auto, so who knows what they'll do.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye