Author Topic: I read the "House Rules" .  (Read 460 times)

Offline Funhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
I read the "House Rules" .
« on: February 14, 2004, 01:13:10 PM »
Hi Everyone,
      I read the house rules and subsequent posts.  
      Hope everyone is doing well, and I will be happy to hear of your H&R/NEF projects, some ongoing.  
      Is anyone looking forward to spring (read no snow, dry goound) ?  It has been a little chilly and a bit too windy to shoot well in this part of Alaska, but I managed to get out with the grandchildren and get some shooting in before the wind chain went horizontal. :D
      The new H&R Target Model arrived, and I have new bullet molds, sizing dies, etc on order. The first shooting was with Lyman 335 gr. cast bullets. I had fun and it was surprisingly accurate under the conditions. (I got cold)  
      www.lymanproducts.com. That will be my walk in the woods bullet, but the load will not be finalised before a lot more shooting is done.
       The mold I have on order is a Lee .375, 130grain mold for a black powder revolver bullet.  It will be for grandchildren to shoot and a small game bullet for when I'm out looking for other critters. www.leeprcision.com  I'll be able to tell you more on that in a few weeks.

Sorry, I got excited and long winded.

Funhunter
Funhunter

Offline Leftoverdj

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 04:04:26 PM »
Fun, you might check with Midway. A few months back, they were listing a Lee mould for the .38-55. 250 grains at something like $14, if I remember right.

Lee does special runs for some distributors of non catalog items, but you have to hunt around to find them.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline Funhunter

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 04:27:11 PM »
Leftover D J,  
Thank you for that Lee Mold information.   I'll look into the Midway sight.  

Do you have a .38-55?

Gordon
Funhunter