Author Topic: P3AT 1st vs 2nd Gen?  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Majbg

• Trade Count: (0)
P3AT 1st vs 2nd Gen?
« on: January 05, 2013, 11:49:32 AM »
I've had mine for about 5 yrs now and just curious whether it is a 1st or 2nd gen, and what's the difference? For what its worth, I have no complaints about the little gun. Great carry with Horn Crit Defense ammo. Many Thanks. bg

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: P3AT 1st vs 2nd Gen?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 03:09:37 PM »
Here ya go;
Notice the addition of the metal clip on the Second Generation that holds the takedown pin in place. I think the sights were slightly changed as well.
First Generation

Second Generation

Offline Majbg

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 03:55:15 AM »
Cool, THanks. Any known issues with the 1st Gen that they corrected with the 2nd? bg

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 12:23:58 PM »
You're welcome. :) No issues I can think of. In fact some people prefer the first generation over the second. Check out KelTecRange and KTOG for a lot of info you might find interesting and valuable.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 12:27:42 PM »
Double post.

Offline Majbg

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 02:28:09 PM »
Thanks again. Its interesting as I can't find any info on the 380 specifically on KTOG.org. THanks again ... and Thank You for your Service. bg

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 04:13:30 AM »
Thanks again. Its interesting as I can't find any info on the 380 specifically on KTOG.org. THanks again ... and Thank You for your Service. bg

You're welcome. Here ya go, hope this helps. If something specific isn't covered in any of the posts then make a post asking what you want to know and I'm sure you'll get your answer.
http://www.thektog.org/forum/f87/

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 04:41:46 AM »
The advantage of the 1st Generation is that it weighs a coupla ounces less.  The 2nd Gen has a single allen head screw the holds the extractor spring in place, the spring itself holds the extractor in place (can see the extractor just behind the chamber and in front of the spring).  That screw continues through to hold the firing pin and firing pin spring too.  Remove that one allen head screw to take down the entire slide.  I carry the 2nd Gen but wouldn't mind the 1st Gen at all.