Author Topic: Next big fight on capital hill  (Read 316 times)

Online ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Next big fight on capital hill
« on: January 06, 2013, 06:32:33 AM »
  The next big fight looming is on 'raising the debt limit'..  As has been often said, we don't have a taxing problem..we have a SPENDING problem..   Before the argument starts out, let's agree on a few things, as outlined by the PRTEAMBLE to the US CONSTITUTION:
  THE PREAMBLE:
  "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish    justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our    posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America".
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Please note; it DOES provide for such defense expenditures as are necessary.  It says nothing concerning grants to special groups, grants to the arts,grants to the "humanities", pell grants, free birth control, aid for abortion, mandatory medical insurance, headstart, quotas or 'affirmative action', WIC, food stamps, or $200,000,000 for a first family vacation in Spain..  It provides forthe country's general  welfare of the country, but not freebie, individual welfare.
     If you can find those items provided for in the constitution..point out your reference..doubt you will find any supporting evidence.

We can easily bring spending under control without renegging on our constitutional requirements.

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Next big fight on capital hill
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 06:32:30 AM »
I wish you could talk all those people (Free loaders) in to giveing all that up. They may have to get a real job.

Offline dwalk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 07:17:13 AM »
the next fight, i'd like to see, from the white house, is the struggle to keep from getting impeached...
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 09:48:58 AM »
It's funny that Mexicans do right well for themselves, but Americans can't.... laziness??

IG, are there enough good people left up there even mention the constitution.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye