Author Topic: guided Striper fishing??  (Read 865 times)

Offline kenai

• Trade Count: (0)
guided Striper fishing??
« on: January 08, 2013, 05:35:36 AM »
Howdy from Alaska!! I am coming to OK in FEB for about a month and was thinking about going on a guided Striper trip on lake Texoma, anyone have any reccomendations positive or negative?? I've never been Striper fishing but it looks like something I would have fun at. Is February a good time to target them or am I ignert??? Thanks all appreciate any pointers.

Randy

Offline Specklebelly

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
Re: guided Striper fishing??
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 09:24:20 AM »
The only thing I know is you should look around that lake or Lake Keystone by Tulsa as they have stripers as well in pretty good numbers. 

I suggest you contact the state park office and see if they have any info or maybe wildlifedepartment.com .  Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Good luck.

PS - We are VERY dry and the lakes are low.  I am not sure if this hurts the fishing but want you to be aware. 
Specklebelly

Romans 5:8
Mark 12:28-31

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 11:10:19 AM »
i've not been myself, but my buddy has been a
coupla times, but behind the dam doing the
airboat thing. are you going in the lake or
behind the dam?  they've had a big deal with
the zebra mussel situation lately, but i don't
know how that has affected any guide operations.
i've never been on a guided trip of any kind, so
i can't help too much. i usually go on tawakoni.
i'm not aware of any good or bad times to go,
the fish are wet all the time. ;D
there are some whoppers to be had there, and
i hope you have a good time.
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline kenai

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 07:10:53 AM »
Thanks fellas, i've never fished Texoma, so not sure if I would be below the dam or what. Just wondering if any of you locals might know a good guide on the lake. I will look into Keystone as well. If I score, i'll post some pics here. Thanks again guys.

Randy

Offline Lost Oki

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 02:41:21 PM »
There is a cafe and boat dock at Soldier Creek Marina.  Check with them, there are several guides working out of there and there are rooms available.  My last trip was just after a big die off due to high temperatures, fish went below the thermocline.  Limit at that time was 10 each below 21 inches.  We ended up with a limit, 10 each.  All before noon.
At one point we had one each, one waiting and two reels starting to click...very fast action when we found it.

www.soldiercreekmarina.com/

There is Stripper guides working Lake Keystone and Gore Landing area (lower Illinois river), you will need a trout license at Gore.  If I was going for BIG strippers = Lower Illinois