Author Topic: Tasco??  (Read 606 times)

Offline ihuntbucks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • A Real Regular
Tasco??
« on: February 14, 2004, 07:02:11 PM »
Hey guys,I just got a new rifle with a Tasco 3 x 9 World Class 50 scope.My question is scope ok?Using for whitetail hunting.Any way,any comments on scope.Always willing and eager to learn on this end.    Rick
"Traveling East" F&AM #261  RAM #105  R&SM #69  KT #23 "Live for nothing;die for something"

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Tasco??
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 10:28:18 AM »
I have a Tasco 2-7x32 World Class Black Powder Scope on my CVA Hunterbolt 50 cal muzzleloader.  It is amazing how bright and clear these scopes are for the price range. This scope has been on that gun for three years without a hiccup.  It has about 500 shots on it as of now...The World Class scope that you have on that rifle should be fine although you didn't mention what caliber you are shooting.  I might be a little leary if the gun is a .375 H&H Magnum.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Stock02

• Trade Count: (0)
Tasco??
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 10:37:52 AM »
Nothing wrong with a Tasco as long as she hold zero and hits where ya point her I'd leave well enough alone.
I've got a couple Tasco scopes and have not had a problem yet.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Tasco??
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 11:16:31 AM »
The original Tasco WC scopes were really quite good and solid scopes. Toward the end they cheapened them drastically and if it is one of those not made in Japan I'd ditch it and buy a better scope. But then with that 50MM objective I'd ditch it anyway as they mount too high for natural head placement on stock and I just don't use them to hunt deer.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ihuntbucks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • A Real Regular
Tasco??
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 05:08:42 PM »
Thanks guys for the input.Iam using it on a Rem mod 700 .30-.06 adl synthetic.Never thought about head placement...kinda like looking out different size windows the way I see it.I can see more out of a picture window than a porthole  :)     see ya'll   Rick
"Traveling East" F&AM #261  RAM #105  R&SM #69  KT #23 "Live for nothing;die for something"