Author Topic: Old Insurance Gun Carriage  (Read 588 times)

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
Old Insurance Gun Carriage
« on: January 11, 2013, 05:22:31 AM »
The sideshow shows all that's left of an old Insurance Gun carriage.  It would fit in a box 36x13x3 inches.  Seems to be oak.  I leave it to your imagination to come up with what the rest of it looked like.  When I got it 30 years ago it was pure white and too dry so I fed it some linseed oil, maybe not a good idea but did it. 
password is "attack" if required
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/cannonmn/miscforumsetc/forums64/Insurance%20Gun%20Carriage%20Piece/?albumview=slideshow

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
Re: Old Insurance Gun Carriage
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 06:05:08 AM »
What are you going to do with it ? ???
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 07:04:57 AM »
Hi Gary, long time...  Well I recently sent in my GB sponsor renewal fee, after noticing piles of stuff in the warehouse that someone here might like, so when my renewed status is official you will strart seeing sale items.  I like this piece of wood because it reminds me of a whale, but it may get into the sale pile too, we have way too much stuff here.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 04:46:47 AM »
I like this piece of wood because it reminds me of a whale, but it may get into the sale pile too, we have way too much stuff here.

Well, maybe you should rue the day you treated the wood with linseed oil, because if this piece were still bone white, it would definitely look like a folk art "Moby Dick." At least that's the first thing that I thought of when I saw it.

RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline steelcharge

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 05:43:41 AM »
Thanks for posting, I really like the shape of that, somehow reminds me of some chinese carriages I've seen.

Offline aboatguy

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 12:50:10 PM »
Thanks for posting your uniquely shaped insurance gun carriage.

Mike