Author Topic: No Charges for David Gregory! Now had this been you or I?  (Read 774 times)

Offline Redtail1949

• Trade Count: (0)
No Charges for David Gregory! Now had this been you or I?
« on: January 11, 2013, 05:23:42 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/11/no-charges-for-nbc-host-for-on-air-ammunition-clip/

Anyone except an OBAMA LOVER would have been prosecuted with no mercy.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: No Charges for David Gregory! Now had this been you or I?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 03:23:37 AM »
Liberals may break the law at will.  they always have a good reason for doing so.
prepare for worse to come after the inauguration.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 03:33:51 AM »
  It only highlights that kind of liberal hypocrisy when Wayne LaPierre asked, "why are guns good when used to protect the president or another celebrity, but bad when they are used to protect our children?

It goes without saying..liberals have a hard time dealing with logical decisions.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 03:50:32 AM »
I agree with your post, Ironglow.

Gregory was never in any danger of being prosecuted and saying the incident was being investigated was just to shut people up. Any common citizen would have been charged with a crime immediately. As long as you are a liberal you can do or say about whatever you want and suffer no consequences.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 04:01:34 AM »
  It only highlights that kind of liberal hypocrisy when Wayne LaPierre asked, "why are guns good when used to protect the president or another celebrity, but bad when they are used to protect our children?

It goes without saying..liberals have a hard time dealing with logical decisions.
Liberals have a different dictionary, the word "logical" isn't in it.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 04:29:51 AM »
Actually, you should be glad he was not prosecuted.   By publicly not doing so, it gives the next honest gun owner a defence to fall back on - un-even application of the law has been held to be a factor in many convictions.  Also, what evidence is there?  He said it was a 30 round mag, but was it really?  Maybe a legally blocked 10 rounder, maybe just a fake?  A T.V. prop?  Was it collected properly as evidence?  If so, did it pass into others hands before being taken by police?  Factors like above, that may have worked in his benefit, are there to work for all honest owners as well.  Believe it or not, things like the letter of the law, rules of evidence, etc. are still held as being important to most courts and juries in this country...  Bluster by the DC Police aside, I really doubt they could have successfully prosecuted him even if they wanted to, based on the newspaper facts of the case.

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 08:33:20 AM »
Did anyone ever really have any expectation of this playing out in a different way? I know I didnt.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 02:56:47 AM »
It wouldn't be Gregory's fault anyway. Talk to the guy doing props...
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 06:39:42 AM »
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  Gregory "brandished" the magazine...remember the old axiom.."ignorance of the law is no excuse".. should go double for news anchors.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 01:10:36 AM »
  Gregory "brandished" the magazine...remember the old axiom.."ignorance of the law is no excuse".. should go double for news anchors.

That really doesn't happen in real life, though. It should. We could save millions every year by not having to print legal notices in other languages. Look at it this way: if someone kills a motorcyclist in this country, all they have to do is say, "I didn't see him." Even though the law says it's their responsibility to LOOK. (There are countries where they'd get 10 years for telling a judge they didn't look for other vehicles, by the way.) As for Gregory, they call anchors the "talent." The talent comes in, gets into makeup, does the show, mostly through teleprompter, following stage directions, then leaves. If the stage directions say talk about that magazine, he talks about the magazine the props people give him. Props do not belong to him.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 01:29:15 AM »

That really doesn't happen in real life, though. It should. We could save millions every year by not having to print legal notices in other languages. Look at it this way: if someone kills a motorcyclist in this country, all they have to do is say, "I didn't see him." Even though the law says it's their responsibility to LOOK. (There are countries where they'd get 10 years for telling a judge they didn't look for other vehicles, by the way.) As for Gregory, they call anchors the "talent." The talent comes in, gets into makeup, does the show, mostly through teleprompter, following stage directions, then leaves. If the stage directions say talk about that magazine, he talks about the magazine the props people give him. Props do not belong to him.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
        Perhaps where you live someone can be absolved of responsibility for causing a traffic accident by saying, "I didn't see him", but that doesn't happen around here.  You pull out in front of another vehicle which has "right of way"..admit you did it..you shoulder the blame, doesn't matter if it is a motorcycle, bicycle, John Deere combine or a log truck!
     Now, if you want a life-in-prison sentence for such an accident, you may be disappointed.  Genuine accidents though unfortunate and often painful,  are not subject to capital punishment.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 06:41:49 AM »
You don't live in the States!!!??