Author Topic: Looking for a synthetic 280  (Read 608 times)

Offline like2shoot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Looking for a synthetic 280
« on: February 15, 2004, 03:41:12 AM »
:D  Hello all. Another drifter from NEF. I ordered a synthetic 280 two weeks ago from Wally world. So far,no word as to availibility. I was told the sporting goods manager can check Monday to see what the hold-up is. Has anyone know if the 280 is in short supply? Thanks.
Shoot straight , shoot often.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 06:16:59 AM »
like2shoot, I just checked the SportsSouth Internet catalog for availibility and they are listed as not in stock at this time. SportsSouth is the distributor that Wal-Mart uses. If they are listed as in stock Wal-Mart can get them in 10-14 days barring any foul-ups in ordering. If they are listed as not in stock then Wal-Mart cannot get them and as I understand it will not order the gun nor accept a deposit, also they will not order a gun without the required 50% deposit. If they did not take any money from you perhaps they are just taking thier good old time in checking with SportsSouth to see if the gun is in stock (sadly it is not), you can check the SportsSouth inventory yourself in just a minute or so on line or call them direct during business hours. My newly ordered Sportster in .22 Mag is listed as in stock and has been on order for 11 days, I expect in in by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week (I hope!!). This is the first gun I have purchased/ordered from Wal-Mart, we will see how it goes. They would not order the gun for me until I picked out the gun from thier catalog and they called SportsSouth to confirm it was in stock,  they then took my order and 50% deposit, so far so good....<><.... :lol:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline like2shoot

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 01:18:08 PM »
The walmart I ordered through didn't check first. They took a 50% deposit, then ordered the rifle. I have to call the sporting goods manager tomorrow to ask her to call and check to see what the delay is on the rifle.

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 02:31:14 AM »
you guys really should stop buying guns from wally world. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSP<-------- KTP kittery trading post has a lam stocked 22mag ultra in i would say 98% for $135, but the guy behind the counter told me $120 would take it. i was so close to taking it home, but the wife was there LOL im glad in a way, i have been buying too many toys the last few months. but i thought i would let you know, i would think it would not be too much of a drive for you. i dont know where in mass. you are, but it might be worth going after, or atleast calling about.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 04:45:56 AM »
Thanks for the info VarmintController, I found out about that .22 Mag Ultra about a week ago thru the Kittery on-line used gun list. I had already ordered my first gun thru Wal-Mart. I am looking for a light wieght barrel in my .22 Mag. I did however call a friend in Millinocket and told him about it and suggested (highly) that he buy it. For $135.00 used I was not interested, especially with the slight extra weight ( I aleady have my .223 and .17 with heavy barrels) but for $120.00 its a great gun, especially if you do not have one!!! Thanks again, let me/us know of any other good deals you do not buy!!  I sent you an e-mail in response....<><.... :-D
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline tacomaj

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 03:02:03 PM »
like 2shoot,
I know where a 280 wood stocked model is if your interested.

Tacomaj

Offline like2shoot

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 03:32:05 PM »
tacomaj, thanks but I do want a synthetic.
 Called to dept. mang. at ww today. First had to talk to a Sma** a** who was useless. He passed me off to a helpful person who had to get all info again. Finally dept. mang. called , said another 2-3 weeks , but offered to refund money. I wonder if they even ordered the rifle 2 weeks ago!  :roll: . I decided to wait for the rifle, but 5 weeks is a long time .

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2004, 03:51:37 PM »
lik2shoot, no of course he did not order the rifle 2 weeks ago because his supplier/distributer (SportsSouth) did not have any in stock to ship and would not acceot an order unless the gun was available for shipping!! It is the policy of Walmart to give a full refund of (gun) deposits up to about 3 months after odering. Just read your slip that was given you after you paid the deposit, it is all clearly spelled out. I just returned home from picking up my Wal-Mart ordered Sportster in .22 Mag, what a hassle, should have paid a few bucks more and gone to a local dealer!!!....<><.... :cry:

Offline like2shoot

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2004, 04:26:38 PM »
MSP RET. I saw your post about your rifle. I apprecate your info. I am still going to wait a couple of weeks before I cancel. I don't have to shoot the 280 right now anyway. Plan on sending it back for the 25-06 as soon as it comes in. Come to think of it, don't need either one, just want them and others.  :wink: