Author Topic: regulation of free enterprise  (Read 859 times)

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
regulation of free enterprise
« on: January 15, 2013, 02:37:22 AM »
Here is what our cities would look like if there was no regulating of pollution as many on this board would prefer under the banner of non-governmnet interference of free enterprise. Wouldn't that make enjoying the outdoors great?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pollution+in+beijing&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=sFr1UO6uC87E2QXmlYGwBg&sqi=2&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=1210&bih=661

GuzziJohn

Offline Anna

Re: regulation of free enterprise
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 01:55:17 PM »
Moot point , these photos look like they were taken in a certain country that has been ramping up
its war production for years now . In a rush to be the top dog when TSHTF .
To them this is a means to justify the end and will slow down after it has made its mark on the rest
of the world .

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 02:05:18 PM »
Quote from Anna:
"Moot point , these photos look like they were taken in a certain country that has been ramping up its war production for years now . In a rush to be the top dog when TSHTF .
To them this is a means to justify the end and will slow down after it has made its mark on the rest
of the world ."

Or maybe it is from all the tin foil hat factories they are running to supply the need over here.
GuzziJohn

Offline Anna

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 02:17:57 PM »
That is a whole lot of tin foil hats ! But silver oxide like seen on the inside of a mylar helium party ballon. Is much better at reflecting the harmful alien mind altering transmissions that bring on
Liberalism.  :o

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 02:27:25 PM »
What do picture of commnist China have to do with "free enterprise"?
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 03:01:33 PM »

;D Good point.  ;D
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline powderman

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 03:44:22 PM »

;D Good point.  ;D

YUP. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 02:55:10 AM »
Ya all ain't to good at putting 2+2 together are ya? What did you see in those photos? Terrific air pollution. Why? Because industry (part of free enterprise in this country anyway) in China has not been regulated to control air pollution and companies are not going to do it if not forced too. Without the air quality regs we have here, our city's air would look like what Beijing looks like in those photos.
GuzziJohn

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 01:21:21 PM »
I am still laughing at your linking communist Chine and "free enterprise". You aint the guy who bought my 1050 rounds of 22 lr on gun broker for 160.00 are ya?  :o
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 01:35:52 PM »
Looks just like LA in 1975. Before the EPA restrictions went into effect.
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 02:03:14 PM »
Quote from billy_56081:
" You aint the guy who bought my 1050 rounds of 22 lr on gun broker for 160.00 are ya?  "

LOL. Hardly. I bought some some bricks a few years back, if I remember correctly they were under $15. China has come a long ways concerning enterprise although it would probably be a stretch to call it free.
GuzziJohn

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 02:07:51 PM »
Quote from billy_56081:
" You aint the guy who bought my 1050 rounds of 22 lr on gun broker for 160.00 are ya?  "

LOL. Hardly. I bought some some bricks a few years back, if I remember correctly they were under $15. China has come a long ways concerning enterprise although it would probably be a stretch to call it free.
GuzziJohn

Then why are you using as an example of "free enterprise", your words not mine. But I guess if one is trying to forward their agenda, a few lies are easily passed.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 02:57:16 PM »
Old ignorant me hasn't figured out the point of this thread.  All of our factories have the latest scrubbers etc.  someone clue me in.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 01:23:11 AM »
Quote from BUGEYE:
"Old ignorant me hasn't figured out the point of this thread.  All of our factories have the latest scrubbers etc.  someone clue me in."

It appears that some of you need your second cup of coffee to wake up your brain. Let me try again. In many threads over time here many of you have whined about how the EPA has ran industry out of the country and clean air/water regs should be removed. Currently China has few if any clean air/water regulations for their industries and because of that the pictures I posted of Beijing were taken earlier this week. WITHOUT THE EPA THOSE PICTURES OF BEIJING COULD HAVE EASILY BEEN PICTURES OF THE AIR IN OUR MAJOR CITIES. Yes BUGEYE our factories have scrubbers, etc. but not because they chose to do it, only because they were required to do it by the EPA. Many of you here are hunters and fisherman but yet you seem to prefer dirty air and water over any government oversight, doesn't make sense to me. Now if any of you still cannot figure out what my point is I need to return my special education degrees.
GuzziJohn

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 01:30:46 AM »
John, your information is bouncing off the bubble. They selectively filter anything that deviates from the far right belief system. They don't acknowledge that facts do not have political bias.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 01:38:08 AM »
Quote from BUGEYE:
"Old ignorant me hasn't figured out the point of this thread.  All of our factories have the latest scrubbers etc.  someone clue me in."

It appears that some of you need your second cup of coffee to wake up your brain. Let me try again. In many threads over time here many of you have whined about how the EPA has ran industry out of the country and clean air/water regs should be removed. Currently China has few if any clean air/water regulations for their industries and because of that the pictures I posted of Beijing were taken earlier this week. WITHOUT THE EPA THOSE PICTURES OF BEIJING COULD HAVE EASILY BEEN PICTURES OF THE AIR IN OUR MAJOR CITIES. Yes BUGEYE our factories have scrubbers, etc. but not because they chose to do it, only because they were required to do it by the EPA. Many of you here are hunters and fisherman but yet you seem to prefer dirty air and water over any government oversight, doesn't make sense to me. Now if any of you still cannot figure out what my point is I need to return my special education degrees.
GuzziJohn
So if we had the equipment in place on factories and was reducing pollution, why add so many NEW regulations that shut down factories and keep new ones from starting up.
It seems to me that EPA is out of control at the behest of the annointed one.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 01:47:32 AM »
 When has anyone here stated that all EPA regulations should be removed and industry should be allowed to do whatever they want?

I have seen some posts that say the EPA is out of control and needs to be reined in from their excessive regulations that make no sense, but that is not the same as no regulation at all.

Offline ChungDoQuan

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 01:51:26 AM »
"Free Market Economy." That's what that means, apparently.  ::)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 03:06:02 PM »
Quote from BUGEYE:

GuzziJohn

Herp a derp! In your example, we are looking at COMMUNIST CHINA, where the "government" REGULATES each and EVERY business. I guess some are so caught up in their agenda they cannot see their lies for what they are. Good Lord no wonder this country is in such peril with morons voting.

:o

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 05:27:41 PM »
Is China’s Communist Party Choking?  The country’s growing smog crisis is a threat to the regime’s right to rule.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2013/01/china_s_smog_crisis_poses_a_threat_to_the_legitimacy_of_the_chinese_communist.html

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 06:26:27 PM »
Here is what our cities would look like if there was no regulating of pollution as many on this board would prefer under the banner of non-governmnet interference of free enterprise. Wouldn't that make enjoying the outdoors great?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pollution+in+beijing&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=sFr1UO6uC87E2QXmlYGwBg&sqi=2&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=1210&bih=661

GuzziJohn
Guzzi John,
No one is saying we do not need some regulations to protect the enviroment. 
What we are saying is we have some politicians that are doing some things just to  punish the voters. 
One in point is the lady that was voted out of the CA senate that passed a bill that eliminated all lead from drinking water.  While it sounds good and safe it was done to punish the manufacturers and citizens of CA.  Costing people Millions of Dollars to retool and build new faucets, boilers, water heaters, shower heads. to go from less than 3% that has been safe for drinking for the last 100 years, to less than .001%.
There was the Clinton bill that was done to make the next President look bad and gave a water quality that made Organic Apple juice unsafe to drink hoping that Bush would over turn the law.  Instead he followed the law and took apple juice and milk out of schools as they did nto meet the drinking safety law.  MILK and Organic APPLE juice not meeting a safe drinking standard so as to embarras a Republican president. 
We have air quality boards that enhance their budgets by creating VOC laws.  If you have an open varnish container it is a 1000 fine for each open container, hard to have a furniture shop when everytime you varnish the cabinets you hit a 1,000 fine.
The current laws and rules are driving all Union Jobs to China and polluting the earth.  You and the rest of the liberals should want to mandate that all manufacturing be made in the US. 

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 02:51:49 AM »
Quote from mcwoodduck:
" You and the rest of the liberals should want to mandate that all manufacturing be made in the US."

You need to add conservatives or well maybe republicans instead to that line above.

Yes it is too bad but there is also more than enough silly and over regulating. My point is that sometimes industry has to be prodded a bit to do the right thing, otherwise greed takes over. I graduated from high school in 1973. A classmate of mine already worked part time for the railroad and then full time after graduation. He soon bought a used Cessna. His home airport was about 30 miles south of Wichita, Ks. He use to joke that navigating to Denver was really easy. You took off, turned to the west, by the time you got to cruising altitude you could make out the brown/yellow smudge on the western horizon which was the smog of Denver. Just point the nose of the plane at the smudge and go. That might have been a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much. I am glad we know longer have those problems for the most part.
GuzziJohn

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 03:07:38 PM »
Quote from mcwoodduck:
" You and the rest of the liberals should want to mandate that all manufacturing be made in the US."

You need to add conservatives or well maybe republicans instead to that line above.

Yes it is too bad but there is also more than enough silly and over regulating. My point is that sometimes industry has to be prodded a bit to do the right thing, otherwise greed takes over. I graduated from high school in 1973. A classmate of mine already worked part time for the railroad and then full time after graduation. He soon bought a used Cessna. His home airport was about 30 miles south of Wichita, Ks. He use to joke that navigating to Denver was really easy. You took off, turned to the west, by the time you got to cruising altitude you could make out the brown/yellow smudge on the western horizon which was the smog of Denver. Just point the nose of the plane at the smudge and go. That might have been a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much. I am glad we know longer have those problems for the most part.
GuzziJohn
Ducks Unlimited and Dolphin Safe Tuna are two examples of NON government people comming together and fixing what problems they saw in the market place.
So with Dolphin safe Tuna we did not need governemnt regulations, we had people telling others to only buy fish caught on a line rather than a drift net.  And the people responded to save flipper.
If we had a corporation that is polluting people will ban together and boycott the comp[any until they clean up their act.
And it is not the Republican and conservitives that are driving companies off shore, it is the liberals and the Green movement that make it so that companies have to move off shore.   
The Company I work for has been assaulted by different government agencies and we explain that the added rules, fines, fees all make it hard to make things in CA and it is hard to explain to the Japanese ownership why we need to stay in CA and not move the plant to Mexico or Arizona.  The Liberals (all have Obama Stickers on their cars) tell us to close down our polluting factory and move.  We expalin it will loose 300+ california jobs they do not care.  So if you can show me where Conservitives openly tell people to move then I will believe that it is a joint effort, untill then all I have seen is Liberals wanting to push any and all manufacturing, refining and mining out of the state.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 02:07:39 AM »
"If we had a corporation that is polluting people will ban together and boycott the comp[any until they clean up their act."

Why did most people not do that in the 50s and 60s?
GuzziJohn

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 05:20:10 AM »
"If we had a corporation that is polluting people will ban together and boycott the comp[any until they clean up their act."

GuzziJohn

Ahh because information did not spread very quickly through the media at that time. Again pictures from communist China where the GOVERNMENT REGULATES every business.   :o

Offline jhm

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 05:50:44 AM »
     Gjohn just wait another couple yrs. and the EPA will have the cost of producing enough fuel to opperate your friends Cessna and you home and auto that it wont matter, I dont think your POTUS will give you one of those million dollar solar panel to carry around to protect you and yours.  Jim

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 05:56:10 PM »

GuzziJohn
They did, heck they did it back in the 30's.
With the internet and the other media options you will have thousands flocking to it.
On the other side we have seen companies that have touted their "green" foot print in their products.  From recycled materials to alternative energy, to fuel economy.  If your company takes a leap in technology to make a product then they show it off and force other companies in the same market to take similar leaps.  You really need to read the history of the enviromental movement in the country and see what has worked and what has not worked.  What ate the benefits and what are the problems with the laws and the regulations as well as the consumer requests.  In the late 70's Japanese fuel efficient cars made the Big three create fuel efficient cars that people wanted, and diversify and buy into forgien car companies.