Author Topic: Got any predictions for the new gun bans and restrictions?  (Read 619 times)

Offline Conan The Librarian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonalds. Blecch!
Got any predictions for the new gun bans and restrictions?
« on: January 15, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-to-unveil-sweeping-gun-proposals-wednesday-including-assault-weapons-ban/2013/01/15/09452c34-5f31-11e2-9940-6fc488f3fecd_story.html?wpisrc=al_comboNP_p

I think there will eventually be a significant backlash to this. Not in all states, like New York, for example, but in most other states.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Got any predictions for the new gun bans and restrictions?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 10:20:27 AM »
This is nothing compared to their real goal.
democrats are good at doing things a little bit at a time.  but eventually you will be defenseless.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 11:09:08 AM »
I visited 3 gun stores today, two of them big box, trying to get some ammo.  Ain't none.  My brother tried to get some magazines for his 9mm Glock.  Ain't none.  He called Glock and was told they can't keep up with the demand. 
What that means is that the gun control threat by Obama has actually increased the number in the hands of citizens.  That's a good thing.  I remember when Clinton did it and the stores were swamped.  Then again when Obama got elected, then again when he got re-elected, and then again after his latest threats.  All he did was tell us to get 'em while the gettin' is good.  Except it ain't good no more.  They are gone from the shelves. 
I have all I'll ever need and more, except for the ammo.  I wish I'd gone out when this mess first started and plunked down a credit card for all the 168 grn. 308's I could find.  Now they are gone.  Maybe that particular round will come back, as the leftys might consider it a hunting cartridge.  But the .223?  I think it's gone forever. 

Offline Redtail1949

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 12:35:32 PM »
i predict that it is going to be a lot worse than just ny and ca. obama may overstep with his gun grab and it may just provoke the people enough to bring about a real serious problem for him..

Offline SharonAnne

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 08:21:53 AM »
the obamanation infesting the White House has a problem now. If a gun ban goes into effect from where ever, he may have a shooting war.
We may have a second War of Northern Aggression.
SharonAnne
Luke 22:36-38

Honor the American Soldier and Sailor, the source of Our Freedom

Really, it only hurts when I breath - SharonAnne

An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS - Thomas Jefferson

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 08:30:28 AM »
Hey Mike , know anyone in New York ? they will be dumping Hi-Cap mags soon if not planting them .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 06:03:11 AM »
You all just like to rank on NY and how they got screwed. Keep your back against the wall because if we can't get it tossed out it will move from state to state. We are just the test state because they Know that the Dem. run this state. So far I have heard of one Sen. that is standing up and trying to change it an also voted against it.SENATOR MACHIONE ( pro gun partition) She deserves all the backing we can give her.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 06:09:17 AM »
You all just like to rank on NY True but they deserve it (the anti gun crowd) they accused my state of exporting illegal guns to NY for years now they are doing the same thing exporting what they have made illegal to other states . and how they got screwed. Keep your back against the wall because if we can't get it tossed out it will move from state to state. We are just the test state because they Know that the Dem. run this state. So far I have heard of one Sen. that is standing up and trying to change it an also voted against it.SENATOR MACHIONE ( pro gun partition) She deserves all the backing we can give her.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !