Author Topic: Old sponsor returns  (Read 560 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Old sponsor returns
« on: January 15, 2013, 02:18:24 PM »
Springfield Arsenal LLC better known around here as Cannonmn has returned as a GBOCannons.com sponsor.  Welcome back John and thanks for helping making a our little gathering spot possible.

Offline Artilleryman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Old sponsor returns
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 02:49:16 PM »
Thanks John
Norm Gibson, 1st SC Vol., ACWSA

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 02:51:39 PM »
Thanks DD but please don't call me OLD!  "Mature"will do nicely, thank you!
Well now seriously folks, glad to be back in a marketing capacity here.  My webstore is at springfieldarsenal.net but that's mostly modern ordnance stuff, so I'll mention a few of the unlisted oldies we have in stock.  There are a few of the 40" plus 40mm barrel sections left.  These have excellent bores as I think they are unfired, only stored for a long time.  I put up a photo of them recently, will try to find it again.  They weigh about 90 lbs. each, cost $500. ea., but just for you, we offer FREE SHIPPING!

For those with bigger ambitions and wallets, we have a few Navy 40mm full-length cannon barrels, including chamber,no demil whatever, with slightly damaged water jackets.  No one we know has found a use for the water jackets, so they usually remove them on receipt, by unscrewing the bushings on the ends.  These are $1800. ea. while they last, you pay shipping.  We'll line up the cheapest truck shipping available for the 8-foot, 350 lb. tubes.
For you collectors, lots of odds and ends are here.  Anyone nearby may want to make an appointment at our Alexandria, VA warehouse to browse when we are in town.  One artifact that comes to mind is a very nice 9-pounder double-ended bar shot, original, salvaged from a French shipwreck in the Norfolk, VA area, about 50 years ago.  Again there's a photo and I'll look for it, special price for a limited time, $1100.
We've got cannons too.  There's a 42-inch,230 lb. rifled "mule gun" of cast steel with Afghan marks, as that's where it came from, returned with some of the first Special Forces to visit Afghanistan (tube only.)  Actually there are a few of these, $5500. ea.  And there are many other cannons, large and small.
Lots more stuff, but gotta run now; to be continued.

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 03:21:52 PM »
Cast steel rifle mule gun, 3" bore, Afghan copy of Brit 7-pounder mountain rifle.  3 grooves, fires studded shells.  Slideshow:  Use password "attack." 
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/cannonmn/miscforumsetc/forums64/Afghan%207%20pounder%20Mule%20Gun/?albumview=slideshow

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 04:06:58 PM »
Sweet C man 8)
Gary
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline aboatguy

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 01:08:08 PM »
Thanks for the pictures of a sweet little gun and for your help and support on the forum.

Mike

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 01:43:31 PM »
It's good to hear that you're getting back in the groove.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 04:43:30 PM »
Welcome back as a sponsor!
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!