Author Topic: Expensive SB1  (Read 636 times)

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Expensive SB1
« on: February 15, 2004, 09:35:56 AM »
Went to a gun show today and found a very expensive, although somewhat beat up SB1. The guy had the SB1 frame, with ten barrels, about half shotgun and the rest rifle. He wanted the gun a lot more than I did, he was asking $1600.00 for this! What a joke. I figured if I bought a Handi brand new at todays prices, and sent it back for nine other barrels, it wouldn't cost me any more than $1100.00 and thats allowing for $100.00 per barrel. These gun shows aren't what they used to be.
Don

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
Expensive SB1
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 11:25:21 AM »
Unfortunately most people don't know that a sb1 frame is a shotgun (or muzzleloader) only frame, no rifle barrels will be fitted to it.  So those 5 or so rifle barrels were to other recievers, and may or may not fit the sb1 frame, but regardless probably weren't safe!!!  :eek:

Hope the guy selling it doesn't end up getting the buyer killed trying to make a profit on a $1600 sale...

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline Leftoverdj

Expensive SB1
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 11:35:46 AM »
You gotta look, Blue.  When I go to a gun show, I fully expect to look at 500 guns before I make an offer on one and I only buy one in four or five of those that are worth dickering over. But while I'm there, I stock up on primers, catch up with some old friends, tease the sharpies with what I have to sell, maybe find a mould or clip that I have been looking for, and generally have a good time.

There are still bargains to be had, but you gotta know your odd stuff to get them. If everybody knows what something is, they are pretty likely to have a good idea what it sells for. The exception is that milsurp comes in waves. Stuff that has just been imported in bulk often sells for half of what the item sold for last year and one third of what it will sell for in five years when the supply has dried up.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
Expensive SB1
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2004, 12:44:20 PM »
I went to this show looking for a ladder sight, at a good price. Well I didn't find but one that I liked, and the price was way out of line. The only thing I got was a partial, 10 bullets, box of Hornady .458 350 gr. RNSP for $2.00. I wanted to try these in the BC, and this was a good opportunity without having to buy a whole box of something I might not like.
Don

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Expensive SB1
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 02:21:38 AM »
that is way too much, sounds like alot of the gun show prices around here :(  :(  :(  :(  for some reason the prices have gone to hell the last few years.  i have gotten deals a a very few things. the average used and in good shape handi is going for 225 at the shows the last couple years. i can buy brand new for 199.95, so i guess these dealers really need a clue. i tried to buy a smoothbore tracker is 12ga last year at one local show. it had no price when i asked how much i was told $175, it was only about 90% and booked for under $80. i showed him the book on it, and he said he could go down to $140. lets say he kept it. i cant believe what alot of these stupid dealers think used guns are worth??? or maybe they just think we are all dumb??? either way, they would sure make alot more money if they would smarten up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!