Author Topic: drug testing my 99 year old mother  (Read 1935 times)

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
drug testing my 99 year old mother
« on: January 19, 2013, 02:02:09 AM »
Legislation is being proposed in Kansas to drug test all on state aid or unemployment. My mother who will be 99 in March and on state aid for her nursing home care will have to take the pee test I guess. It will also be quite interesting to test one of my wife's wards who is so mentally disabled he will have no idea how to follow the procedures let alone my mother with severe dementia. Do these idiots not think these thing through at all?
GuzziJohn

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: drug testing my 99 year old mother
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 02:53:46 AM »
I read the proposal and it seems to be for welfare and unemployment recipients.
nowhere was medicaid mentioned.  so I think your momma won't be bothered.  the legislature is smart enough to differentiate between the categories.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 05:07:05 AM »
 I trust republicans 1000 times more than democrats.  the democrat agenda is to remove as many freedoms as possible.

back to the op, the feds have strict rules about how medicaid funds can be spent and patients treated.  all the state does is write the checks to the nursing home or the home-care providers.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 05:29:23 AM »
Good for Kansas. You are on the public dole, you need to jusp through the hoops that the folks paying for the public dole do. I had to take a wiz quiz to get may job, and DOT rukes require randoms for me to keep it. But alas this is the same old libtard example, bring up the most extreme cases, that are less than 1% and try to pass them as the majority.  :o
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 06:59:25 AM »
What's she hiding?  ;) 8) ::)

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 07:33:48 AM »
John, if your 99 year old mother is not on welfare or applying for unemployment, she will not be tested for drugs. You are all worked up about nothing.

http://cjonline.com/news/2013-01-18/kansas-house-speaker-endorses-drug-test-welfare-proposal

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 12:07:45 PM »
Just got back from a nice 130 mile motorcycle ride when I saw this. Shaggy, thanks for the link that clears some things up. When I posted this morning it was info from the local morning news show. Short news bite without much detail that led one to believe anyone receiving any kind of public assistance would fall under this. Believe me legislators here on both sides of the fence have done have done much weirder things.
GuzziJohn

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 12:31:10 PM »
Believe me legislators here on both sides of the fence have done have done much weirder things.
GuzziJohn

I've lived in Kansas for over 50 years. I have some idea of the things the politicians here do.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 12:32:14 PM »
Don't worry, Guzzi, someone somewhere will figure out that your mom isn't one of those Black Other People, and they'll give her a pass.  some people actually approve of gov't throwing weight around.
[size=78%]idiots[/size]
You might try reading all the posts.
His mother is on MEDICAID which has nothing to do with welfare or unemployment.
Anything else you want to bring up about the conservative Kansas Senate?
I did read them. You might try writing something relevant to my posts, if you're going to address me. It's more mental work, but I'm thinking you could use the exercise!
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 01:33:01 PM »
Quote from BUGEYE:
"Anything else you want to bring up about the conservative Kansas Senate?"

Yea, they suck.
GuzziJohn

Offline ChungDoQuan

• Eisenhower Conservative
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 03:54:04 PM »
Odd, the so-called conservatives seem to support this intrusion by the government they claim to want out of their lives. 
If you give up, THEY don't have to win.

"'Cause what they do in Washington, they just take care of number 1. And number 1 ain't you. $__t, you ain't even number 2!" Frank Zappa

The greatest idea the right ever had is personal responsibility; the greatest idea the left ever had is social responsibility. Both take effort.

The Founding Fathers had complete access to the Bible, but they came up with the Constitution as our governing document.

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 04:27:46 PM »
Odd that the liberals seem upset with testing for the recipients of taxpayer money, when the taxpayer probably had to be tested to get the job that pays the taxes they will receive.

If I had to be tested to earn the money, why shouldn't they be tested before having it given to them?

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 05:11:28 PM »
Odd that the liberals seem upset with testing for the recipients of taxpayer money, when the taxpayer probably had to be tested to get the job that pays the taxes they will receive.

If I had to be tested to earn the money, why shouldn't they be tested before having it given to them?

What irony eh? Good post Shaggy.

So many thought they could just vote obama, stay on the couch watching Jerry Springer and make clouds of smoke while the rest of us paid their bills. Now they gotta actually go somewhere they don't want to and pee in a cup..so very sad for them..
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline powderman

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 05:21:59 PM »

SHAGGY. Seems fair to me. I would exempt those 65 or older but I think welfare abuse is rampant, Ive posted a lot of examples, those are the ones that need cut off. WE see it every time we go to the grocery stores. I know of several younger folks, I'm talking about ages from 18-35 whose only disability is lazybuttitis. They are the ones who need cut off. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 12:57:07 AM »
Odd, the so-called conservatives seem to support this intrusion by the government they claim to want out of their lives.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So we are to assume you would rather the government get out of lives...and take their welfare and unemployment with them...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 01:32:42 AM »
Why should anyone be tested unless they display intoxication on the job?
GuzziJohn

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 01:50:47 AM »
Why should anyone be tested unless they display intoxication on the job?
GuzziJohn

In the case of a job applicant, a company shouldn't have to hire someone who is too stupid to abstain from drug use long enough to pass a drug test for a job they are apparently trying to get.

In the case of welfare, I don't want to be forced to pay for their party.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 02:02:56 AM »
It works so well. ::)  The guy that smokes a joint three weeks before his test is rejected. The guy that used cocaine, meth or alcohol on Friday night passes the test on Monday, that makes sense?
GuzziJohn

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 02:37:56 AM »
Life is full of choices.

If you want the job, don't smoke the weed. Fail the test, you chose poorly.

If you are getting free government money, you shouldn't be wasting it on weed. I don't want to pay for your party.

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 02:48:18 AM »
Life is full of choices.

If you are getting free government money, you shouldn't be wasting it on weed. I don't want to pay for your party.
Shaggy, would you feel the same if, rather than weed, it was... don't drink, or don't smoke, or don't chew, or show up in church so we know you're properly devout?

Life all about choices?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 02:49:12 AM »
A person doing my job had the potential to kill hundreds of people.  so we were randomly tested.
an employer has the right to demand drug-free employees.  why wait until people are killed to test.

Guzzi, we all know how expensive nursing homes are, and I would say that nobody here begrudges the money spent to take care of your momma in one.  taxing us to provide that care is unconstitutional, but even people like me can see the need for it, and are willing to provide.

but that does not give you the right to take anything that we don't want to give.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 02:50:56 AM »
Life is full of choices.

If you want that job, be sure to show up in church and be properly obedient.

Life is full of choices.
Why do people want to smoke weed??
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 03:04:38 AM »
Quote from BUGEYE:
"Why do people want to smoke weed??"

Why do/did you want to have sex? Now try real hard to put 2+2 together.
GuzziJohn
That's apples and oranges.
Why do people "want" to smoke weed??
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 03:06:18 AM »
  For the dopers...perhaps they could get someone to knock them in the head with a hammer..or partially smother them...    Same effect..not nearly the cost.. ;) ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 03:11:11 AM »
A person doing my job had the potential to kill hundreds of people.  so we were randomly tested.
an employer has the right to demand drug-free employees.
what kind of work do you do, bugeye?

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 03:18:06 AM »
an employer has the right to demand drug-free employees.
what kind of work do you do, bugeye?
I don't work, I'm retired.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 03:19:37 AM »
  For the dopers...perhaps they could get someone to knock them in the head with a hammer..or partially smother them...    Same effect..not nearly the cost.. ;) ;D
;D ;D ;D
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 11:53:56 AM »
Ain't you girls finished bickering yet?  ::)   

Why is it every thread has to turn into a pissing match here lately? 

Let's all try acting our age for a week.  Might just be refreshing.  8)
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline BUGEYE

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 12:23:42 PM »
Quote from BUGEYE:
"That's apples and oranges.Why do people "want" to smoke weed??

Either you love playing stupid to antagonize or are stupid. Why does anyone drink, smoke weed, do heroin, cocaine,  etc.?
BECAUSE TO MOST PEOPLE IT FEELS GOOD! It is as simple as that. Otherwise they probably wouldn't be doing it. It is kind of like how you so enjoy verbally poking people with sticks, it makes you feel good about yourself.
GuzziJohn
The other day MJ and brownies were being discussed and one of the folks in favor of dope warned that when cooked, it took longer to "kick in".  that tells me that folks should be drug tested for jobs where someone could be injured or killed.  I'm all for "rights", but your rights end, where mine begin.  and I and others have the right to be safe.
would you want your pilot, or bus driver, or train engineer, or ship captain high while you were a passenger.  probably not.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 12:47:23 PM »
I work in the natural gas industry.  It is REQUIRED by the US Department of Transportation, Gas Pipeline Safety division, that ANYONE WORKING on a natural gas pipeline MUST be drug tested.  No my company's policy, a FEDERAL requirement.  They don't want someone coming to work high working on a gas line, either welding, pipe fiting, etc.  Makes perfect sense.  This also includes alcohol in the system with random tests.  Anyone drinking on the job or that morning before the job is fired on the spot.

Now if someone is going to USE MY TAX MONEY for welfare or unemployment, I think they MUST pass a drug test to get my money.  Too many freeloaders already.  Unless you have worked with them, been around them, or was raised with them, then it isn't all BLACK, but WHITE TRASH also who freeloads.  They have free education through high school, can get Pell Grants for college or trade school.  There is no excuse for people to continue in poverty.  I have seen over and over people paying for food with a food stamp card and putting their groceries in a Lexus, Lincoln, or other luxury car, late model too.  They were also driving.  What is it with that.  We should go back to commodities and maybe give them MRE's like the military.  It would probably save us a lot of welfare money. 

Same can be said for Abortion.  There is no excuse for an unwanted pregnancy.  Free birth control at the health centers, free condoms, etc.  I also think after two kids on welfare, the mom should have her tubes tied.  There is a procedure now with clips that can be removed and the ability to get pregnant restored IF she gets off welfare and gets a normal life.   

I personally am tired of "spreading the wealth around".  Grow the stupid economy so all boats rise with the tide.  Our government is going to bankrupt itself within 4 years if we don't get spending under control.  No amount of tax on the wealthy will solve the problem.  We will either have hyper inflation or a colapsed Federal government.  Then there will be on food stamps, no welfare, and no military to defend us.