Author Topic: It's not about stopping criminals....  (Read 391 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
It's not about stopping criminals....
« on: January 19, 2013, 09:29:13 AM »
It's all about taking away our liberty.
Biden says Administration Doesn't Have Time to Prosecute People Who Lie on Background Checks Posted on January 18, 2013

PrintShare on printEmailShare on emailShare More Sharing Services Share on facebook Share on twitter
    As has been widely reported, an NRA representative recently met with an Obama administration-directed firearm task forceled by longtime gun control supporter Vice-President Joe Biden.  It came as no surprise that the meeting had little to do with keeping our children safe and much to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment.  But you may be surprised to know one of the revelations that came out of the meeting.

Jim Baker, NRA-ILA's Director of Federal Affairs, represented NRA at the meeting.  As detailed in a recent Daily Caller article, Mr. Baker was given five minutes to present NRA's concerns and the approach NRA saw as being the most effective way to safeguard our children.  During those five minutes, Baker mentioned the need to vigorously prosecute existing gun laws.  He further noted the low number of prosecutions for falsifying information on Form 4473s, and the low felony prosecution rate for gun crimes in general.

In response to Mr. Baker's comments, Vice-President Biden said, "And to your point, Mr. Baker, regarding the lack of prosecutions on lying on Form 4473s, we simply don't have the time or manpower to prosecute everybody who lies on a form, that checks a wrong box, that answers a question inaccurately."  That's right:  Biden said the administration just doesn't have time to prosecute crimes (felonies punishable by up to a 10-year prison sentence) under existing laws, but is proposing a host of sweeping new laws. 

According to federal statistics cited in the Daily Caller [/color]article,[/url] in 2010, prosecutors considered just 22 cases of information falsification, and 40 additional background-check cases ended up before prosecutors for reasons related to unlawful gun possession.  Prosecutors pursued just 44 of those 62 cases, although more than 72,600 applications were denied on the basis of a background check. Overall, gun prosecutions per capita in 2011 were down 35 percent from the previous administration's peak in 2004.

"We think it is problematic when the administration takes lightly the prosecutions under existing gun laws and yet does not seem to have a problem promoting a whole host of other gun laws," said Baker.   "If we are not going to enforce the laws that are on the books, it not only engenders disrespect for the law but it makes law-abiding gun owners wonder why we are going through this exercise we are going through now."

Commenting on the administration's inability to prosecute persons who lie to obtain a firearm, NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox said,  "They don't have time to pursue people who are dangerous, who aren't supposed to get guns, and the message they have sent is literally 'Good luck, go get them elsewhere.'  You can talk all you want," Cox continued, "but until there is a will to follow through, then it is literally just going to paper over the problem and guarantee that bad people continue to have access to firearms and good people will be blamed for it."

PrintShare on printEmailShare on emailShare
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: It's not about stopping criminals....
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 10:00:59 AM »
It makes you want to slap the snot out of Biden.  He's just as arrogant and stupid as Obama.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 10:45:16 AM »
He is just stupid enought to be our next president!!

Offline Empty Quiver

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 10:53:26 AM »
Tyrone knocking over a Kwicky Mart with a Lorcen in his pocket does not scare them. They don't go to that neighborhood, and Tyrone doesn't frequent gated communities. Tyrone can go to jail for any number of atrocities, he's fine.

What does scare them is Dale. Dale has a good job, Dale likes to shoot, he likes to read history, he features himself a fairly smart guy. Dale went to a state college, got his degree and ended up opening a contracting business. He sees and works with a lot of Tyrones. He knows Tyrone and his kind have no issue with leaving the reservation, matter of fact the reservation is next door to Dale's shop. Dale has plenty of disposable income, and he does dispose of it. He has toys, a nice home, a wife and kids he adores. What Dale can't quite afford though is an address behind a guarded gate. Dale is not afraid to protect himself and his family with a gun.

The progressives see themselves as not too far removed from Tyrone, thats right twin brothers of different mothers. You see Tyrone takes from the middle rich and gives to himself (at gun point). The progressives take from those same middle rich (IRS tax code) and give it too Tyrone to assure themselves Tyrone won't invade their guarded camp. They are afraid Dale is going to make the connection and aim guns at both of them.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 10:59:10 AM »
Tyrone??  EQ, do you live in my county??
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 12:02:41 PM »
Tyrone??  EQ, do you live in my county??
If I were standing right next to you Bugeye, you would never know it was me the Redneck Minneesotan. It akes me about two days to slip off the bits of Minneesotan I have aquired.

From Murphysboro, Il. to Veedersburg, In. and many rural routes in between, I fit right in at an estate auction, a grain elevator, ordering a pork loin sandwich at the cafe up town, or waiting for a hose to be made at the New Holland dealer. But I also find myself on the streets of Detroit (actually like that town for some odd reason, well suburbia anyway), Chicago, St. Louis, Minneapolis, East St. Louis and Indianapolis, I see Tyrone all over. Most of the Tyrones I meet are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. Some are flat out evil some are just lazy sob's. I am as unfit for there world as they are for mine. I do my best to not judge, but it can be hard.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 12:13:39 PM »
The "pro-gun" republicans and democrats (except for 18) all voted for the governor's bill in NY. The bill for the most part bans the sale of 90% of all handguns. It will put most gun stores out of business and ammunition restrictions will make buying ammo too costly. Now that every politician saw that NY's goveernor got away with it it will be coming to your state soon.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 12:24:28 PM »
we just don't have the time or
manpower to enforce the law.

that has to be the most lame-a$$
chicken-s#%& answer i believe
a vice-president of our nation
could ever give in answer to a legitimate
suggestion of how to reduce crime.

lame-lame-lame
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .