Author Topic: Windows 8  (Read 789 times)

Offline ultramag44

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Windows 8
« on: January 21, 2013, 05:57:03 AM »
Acting on advise (not mine!) Mrs. Ultra acquired a Windows 8 CD and had me load it over the original OS on her Dell laptop.

Mrs Ultra hated Windows 8! She didn't like the way it worked @ all and Windows 8 does not have the function where you can watch a DVD.

Luckily, when we bought the Dell laptop, it came w/ all the CD's.   :) I spent a few hours last night restoring the laptop to factory condition. Then I had to put all her stuff back in, get it connected to the wireless etc. I'm basically a Techno-Cripple, but I managed to get it all done.

Is anyone else not in love w/ Windows 8? If not, what are your concerns and issues w/ it.

TIA, ultramag44
I don't need to fight to prove I'm right, I don't need to be forgiven, no, no, no (from the song ‘Baba O'Riley’ by The Who)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 06:17:01 AM »
I downloaded the RC version and installed it on a test platform, didn't like it, prolly works fine with a touchscreen tho.

Tim

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/topic/200202-windows-8-your-first-impressions/
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline cabledad

• Life Member of the NRA Cable Pioneer
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Windows 8
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 07:32:26 AM »
I took my windows 8 computer back to office depot and got my money back.I am not a computer geek.Seems like nothing worked for me with windows 8. Went to the office and got an older computer windows 7 and I am happy.