Author Topic: Obeservations on new .45-70  (Read 2296 times)

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
Re: Obeservations on new .45-70
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2013, 11:58:18 AM »
Well Tony, that Williams didn't cost near what a Lyman or Redfield does now either! I suspect you mean you need a small screwdriver to unlock the screws to adjust? Do they really need to be locked down?

I don't think they make Redfield peeps any more and I haven't seen anything Lyman like this.  I would have paid more to get what I wanted.  It's just that this sight was as close as I could get to want I wanted...  Adding a knob screw to the elevation lock will help.  I don't suppose I'll have to adjust the windage very often...

Tony

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2013, 12:04:31 PM »
Order a knobbed Gib lock screw from Brownell's, there's a link with pic in the FAQs Peep and Firesights thread, then you can lock/unlock the elevation adjustment with no tools.

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,72579.msg446036.html#msg446036

Thanx.  I knew there was a reason I've been holding off on ordering from Brownell's...

Tony

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2013, 02:00:59 PM »
Last price I saw on a Redfield Olympic was another rifle  :'( ; but werent those the days!, real blue steel and walnut, tool steel sights with all the right features, iron men and.......a dollar worth something.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974