Author Topic: Natl assault weapon ban coming Thurs, feinstein includes handguns and shotguns.  (Read 1381 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
MILLER: National ‘assault weapon’ ban coming Thursday      By Emily Miller - The Washington Times  January 22, 2013, 04:51PM     
  • **FILE** Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Sen. Dianne Feinstein, California Democrat, is surrounded by reporters on Capitol Hill in Washington on Nov. 16, 2012, following a closed-door hearing of the committee where former CIA Director David Petraeus testified. (Associated Press) Enlarge Photo**FILE** Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Sen. Dianne Feinstein, California Democrat, is surrounded ...
   Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s office confirmed that she will be introducing in the Senate Thursday a new version of the so-called assault weapon ban. A spokesman said the full text will be released at a press conference on Thursday.
The California Democrat intends to expand on the ban that expired in 2004, by including handguns and shotguns, in addition to rifles. She would decrease from two to one the number of cosmetic features on a gun to have it be considered an “assault weapon.” This means that if a gun has just one item like a pistol grip or bayonet lug, then it is illegal. Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed into law the same ban in New York last week.
Furthermore, instead of grandfathering in current firearms, she would create a national gun registry for the government to track lawful gun owners. Magazines would again be limited to 10 rounds.

The Clinton-era bill was not renewed by Congress after the Federal Bureau of Investigation and law enforcement agencies reported that it was ineffective in reducing crime.
President Obama said that a top priority is to get “an assault weapons ban that is meaningful” passed this year.   
A summary of Mrs. Feinstein’s legislation is below.
Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of: 120 specifically-named firearms; certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by: Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test; eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by: Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment; exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include: Background check of owner and any transferee; type and serial number of the firearm; positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint; certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
Emily Miller is senior editor of the opinion pages for The Washington Times. Her "Emily Gets Her Gun" series on the District's gun laws won the 2012 Clark Mollenhoff Award for Investigative Reporting from the Institute on Political Journalism. Click here to follow her on Twitter and Facebook. 

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/guns/2013/jan/22/miller-national-assault-weapon-ban-coming-thursday/#ixzz2IloZkMYE
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
b.o.h.i.c.a.

:'(     :'(     :'(
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Do you think the House will pass this?
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Duke0313

• Contributor
  • I am the way, the truth, and the life. -John 14:6
Not a chance!
"Republic:  I like the sound of the word -- means people can live free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, however they choose.  Some words give you a deep feeling.  Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat. -John Wayne- The Alamo

Offline Swift One

• A Real Regular
If they pass anything, it will be a very watered down version of what that b!&cH wants.
It's all a hot mess...........

Offline coryroc

Feel a bit sorry for you guys in the US.   Here in Australia we suffered the same fate in 1997 when the then government banned all semi autos, including shotguns (and pump action shotguns).  The ban was a result of a crazy guy who went on a shooting spree killing innocent people (incidentally he used a an AR15).  The government introduced tight licensing laws which are totally bureaucratic and only serve to punish the law abiding.  The bad guys of course didn't hand in their guns.  The ironic thing here in Australia is that "illegal" guns are sneaking into the country by criminal gangs and are the biggest cause of gun violence.  The other ironic thing is that there are almost twice as many guns (mostly legal and registered) in the country now than there was prior to the ban.  I guess that's how we fought back - by buying more "legitimate" guns.   

Offline GUNNUT in Iowa

Not a chance!

That is what I thought about Obamacare!
Never underestimate a politician!

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Not a chance!

That is what I thought about Obamacare!
Never underestimate a politician!
This post made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.
If this passes, it will set a precedent to start banning other guns until we are totally disarmed.
I hope the people who put obama back, and it's not just the people who voted FOR him, are happy with their choices.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
This is close enough to what cuomo wants in ny but 60% of the students in the state say they are buying a gun and 65% of the gun owners say they will not register anythiing they have or turn anything in.  I am thinking that someday in the not too distant future, certain politicians like feinstein, schumer, bloomberg and cuomo might find themselves in a very deep hole and quite unable to exit their sorry butts.  Even more unfortunately is that since they are all cowards who surround themselves with people who would become innocent victims, when it comes time for them to get their come-uppance they will have a lot of company...

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Not a chance!

*Obama's healthcare package will never pass.

*Obama will never be elected to a second term.

*The ban on gay marriage will never be lifted.

*The Obama admin. tax plan will not affect the middle class.

Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline powderman

I hope the people who put obama back, and it's not just the people who voted FOR him, are happy with their choices.

BUGEYE. They knew what he was, it's their goal to disarm us too. Shame on em. The dnc graduated some real winners, and they came here to disrupt and divide. That was, and is their goal. They are true obummerbots. This is serious, thank a hussein supporter today. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline mcbammer

What  happened  to  that   ole  bag  to  get  her  so  riled  up  against  guns  ?

Offline powderman

What  happened  to  that   ole  bag  to  get  her  so  riled  up  against  guns  ?

She's a democrat liberal, disarming the law abiding American is a longtime dream of that party. Thank a libbydem today.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline BUGEYE

Not a chance!

*Obama's healthcare package will never pass.

*Obama will never be elected to a second term.

*The ban on gay marriage will never be lifted.

*The Obama admin. tax plan will not affect the middle class.
LOL.  those things didn't happen did they?  ;D ;D
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline tom548

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (51)
  • A Real Regular
We felt that we had one house in NY State that would not pass the bill and you know what happened here. We only had time to email and call on the phone. Stop complaining and start writting your Sen. and Rep's. often, use email, written letter (best) and phone calls, make your feelings known. Also be polite and use a spell check and repind them that you vote. Also write to Sen and Rep's in other states as that shower's a national movement.  This is a slow time of the year for my construction business so ever Sen and Rep in the USA and my state has  read my opinion. On the Fed. gun grab today is the time to  fight with paper and pen.  Don't expect  the NRA to be able to stop it with out your help, DO YOUR PART, WRITE.

Offline mcbammer

No  wonder  I  see  the  statement  in  GUNBROKER  . ( quote)  we  do  not  ship  to california  . 

She's a democrat liberal, disarming the law abiding American is a longtime dream of that party. Thank a libbydem today.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Hairy Chest

Must have something to do with the way she was brought up.  Same problem Karl Marx had.  The religion of hate thrusts itself upon humanity. 
Study after study has shown how dangerous distracted driving is yet people continue to talk on their cell phones while driving. Driving in the U.S. requires your full attention. Many states and countries have made it illegal to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle and the federal government should follow their lead. Banning the use of cell phones while driving would have the added benefit of making the no-texting law enforceable.

Offline D Fischer

• Contributor

Let's say they do. Who's going to willingly give up their weapons? Not me!

Offline Ranger99

coryroc i remember that well.
i still have my tape of t.p.t.b.
running all those pristine brownings and
such through the chopsaws.
watching that will sure bring a tear
to the eye. and then the man being interviewed
with his son and had just turned in
the firearm that had been passed down
and was intended for the boy.

sad sad sad
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline BUGEYE

coryroc i remember that well.
i still have my tape of t.p.t.b.
running all those pristine brownings and
such through the chopsaws.
watching that will sure bring a tear
to the eye. and then the man being interviewed
with his son and had just turned in
the firearm that had been passed down
and was intended for the boy.

sad sad sad
I heard one liberal say that we could keep our guns, but could not sell, give away, or leave to anyone when you die.  At death they would be turned in for destruction.  Disarmament by attrition.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Mxpe78a

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Quote:
"I heard one liberal say that we could keep our guns, but could not sell, give away, or leave to anyone when you die.  At death they would be turned in for destruction.  Disarmament by attrition."

If you die, and they can't find your guns, will they bring you back and charge you with a crime?

Offline Anna

Feel a bit sorry for you guys in the US.   Here in Australia we suffered the same fate in 1997 when the then government banned all semi autos, including shotguns (and pump action shotguns).  The ban was a result of a crazy guy who went on a shooting spree killing innocent people (incidentally he used a an AR15).  The government introduced tight licensing laws which are totally bureaucratic and only serve to punish the law abiding.  The bad guys of course didn't hand in their guns.  The ironic thing here in Australia is that "illegal" guns are sneaking into the country by criminal gangs and are the biggest cause of gun violence.  The other ironic thing is that there are almost twice as many guns (mostly legal and registered) in the country now than there was prior to the ban.  I guess that's how we fought back - by buying more "legitimate" guns.   

I remember when that happened down there. It was big news in Europe but I don't think we heard much about it over here, the shooting I mean. I was in Belgium then and the news reports were
saying that all you Aussies were turning in was junk. Leaving a lot of guns out there that were the
ones the government had been mostly targeting. A joke was that an Aussie in the outback is not
going to turn in anything when you have the kind of critters they have to deal with there .

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline JonnyReb

• Trade Count: (89)
  • Where is John Galt?
 Yes, I think this is going to be ramrodded through and will be worse, more comprehensive than we'd have ever figured. American ancestors would have figured this to be the line in the sand, I think. Sadly though, obqama has beat traditional America and its values down on every important front, so far he's had minor resistence, mostly just grumblings. I'm surprised at how easy its been for America to fall. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/03/opinion/how-to-get-a-new-assault-weapons-ban-through-congress.html?pagewanted=all
Active trader until 9-11-14 GB

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
That sounds so reasonable that it will get all kinds of support from Politicians to the public and the fact that it does violate the 2nd will be forgotten.
BTW of topic, did you all see how the Secretary of State weaseled out of any harm during her testimony. A slick job if I ever saw one that left no dirt on her if she decides to run in 2016.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline wganz

• Contributor
I got the pix of the ban list and typed it up so that it can be parsed & used easier:

RIFLES
All AK types, including the following:[/b]
AK
AK47
AK47S
AK74
AKM
AKS
ARM
MAK90
MISR
NHM90
NHM91
Rock River Arms LAR-47
SA85
SA93
Vector Arms AK47
VEPR
WASR-10
WUM
IZMASH Saiga AK
MAADI AK47 and ARM
Norinco 56S
Norinco 56S2
Norinco 84S
Norinco 86S
Poly Technologies AK47
Poly Technologies AKS

All AR types, including the following:

AR-10
AR-15
Armalite M15 .22LR Carbine
Armalite M15-T
Barret REC7
Beretta AR-70
Bushmaster ACR
Bushmaster Carbon 15
Bushmaster MOE series
Bushmaster MR556
Olympic Arms
Remington R-15 rilfes
Rock River Arms LAR-15
Sig Sauer SIG516 rifles
Smith & Wesson M&P15 rifles
Stag Arms AR rifles
Sturm, Ruger & Co. SR556 rifles
Barret M107A1
Barrett M82A1
Beretta CX4 Storm
Calico Liberty Series
CETME Sporter
Daewoo K-1
Daewoo K-2
Daewoo Max 1
Daewoo Max 2
Daewoo AR 100
Daewoo AR 100 C
Fabrique Nationale/FN Herstal FAL
Fabrique Nationale/FN Herstal LAR
Fabrique Nationale/FN Herstal 22 FNC
Fabrique Nationale/FN Herstal 308 Match
Fabrique Nationale/FN Herstal L1A1 Sporter
Fabrique Nationale/FN Herstal PS90
Fabrique Nationale/FN Herstal SCAR
Feather Industries AT-9
Galil Model AR
Galil Model ARM
Hi-Point Carbine
Heckler & Koch HK-91
Heckler & Koch HK-93
Heckler & Koch HK-94
Heckler & Koch HK-PSG-1
Heckler & Koch USC
Kel-Tec Sub-2000
Kel-Tec SU-16
Kel-Tec RFB
SIG AMT
SIG PE-57
SIG SG 550
SIG SG 551
Springfield Armory SAR-48
Steyr AUG
Sturm, Ruger Mini-14 Tactial Rifle M-14/20CF

All Thompson rifles, including the following:

Thompson M1SB
Thompson T1100D
Thompson T150D
Thompson T1B
Thompson T1B100D
Thompson T1B50D
Thompson T1BSB
Thompson T1-C
Thompson T1D
Thompson T1SB
Thompson T5
Thompson T5100D
Thompson TM1
Thompson TM1C
UMAREX UZI Rifle
UZI Mini Carbine
UZI Model A Carbine
UZI Model B Carbine
Valmet M62S
Valmet M71S
Valmet M78
Vector Arms UZI Type
Weaver Arms Nighthawk
Wilkinson Arms Linda Carbine

Pistols

All AK-47 types, including the following:
Centurion 39 AK pistol
Draco AK-47 pistol
HCR AK-47
IO Inc. Hellpup AK-47
Kinkov pistol
Mini Draco A
Yugo Krebs Krink pistol

All AR-15 types, including the following:
American Spirit A pistol
Bushmaster Carbon 15 pistol
DoubleStar Corporation A pistol
DPMS A pistol
Olympic Arms A pistol
Rock River Arms LAR 15 pistol
Calico Liberty pistols
DAS SA58 PKP PAL pistol
Encom MP-9
Encom MP-45
H&K model PS-89 pistol
Intratec AB-10
TEC-22 Scorpion
TEC-9
TEC-DC9
Kel-Tec PLR 16 pistol

The following MAC types:
MAC-10
MAC-11
Masterpiece Arms MPA A930 Mini Pistol
MPA460 Pistol
MPA Tactial Pistol
MPA Mini Tactical Pistol
Military Armament Corp. Ingram M-11
Velocity Arms VMAC
Sig Sauer P556 pistol
Sites Spectre

All Thompson types, including the following:
Thompson TA510D
Thompson TA5

All UZI types, including:
Micro-UZI

Shotguns:
Franchi LAW-12
Franchi SPAS-12

All IZHMASH Saiga 12 types, including the following:
IZHMASH Saiga 12
IZHMASH Saiga 12S
IZHMASH Saiga 12S EXP-01
IZHMASH Saiga 12K
IZHMASH Saiga 12K-030
IZHMASH Saiga 12K-040 Taktika
Streetsweeper
Striker 12
[/font]

Offline Mike in Virginia

My M1A is safe?

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
But a standard Mini 14 ranch is safe? these libtards have no concept in reality.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline powderman

deleted

Offline coryroc

The "bureaucratic law makers" have no concept of common sense when making these laws.  In Australia there was a knee-jerk reaction to banning all so-called illegal firearms in 1997. They straight out banned all semi-auto rifles (even .22s) but did not ban semi-auto handguns (though these are licensed).  They also banned pump-action shotguns but not lever-action shotguns. Common sense does not apply when it comes to banning firearms.