Author Topic: 20 GA shorty with choke up on Fleabay  (Read 1096 times)

Offline bodie4

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
20 GA shorty with choke up on Fleabay
« on: January 23, 2013, 07:48:44 AM »
Just a heads up for those looking.  I bought mine from this guy and I love it.  Thought I'd pass it along.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-25-INCH-20GA-BARREL-W-CHOKE-TUBE-FOR-NEF-OR-H-R-/251218182845?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7dc542bd

Offline aspenband

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 20 GA shorty with choke up on Fleabay
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:36:15 AM »
I just bought one from him also, just waiting for it to arrive.  I hope it is as good as yours but I am sure it will be. I am curious about the choke tubes in it are they the winchoke/invector or something different?  I am going to choke mine with an extra full turkey choke and pair it with my tracker II 20 guage slug barrel on a SB1 action.  I might even cut the tracker II down to match the new barrel with choke tube installed.

Offline ftw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 02:58:45 PM »
Are they as rough as that one looks in the picture. I am curious about the choke also.
Inside of every Old Man is a Kid saying "What the Heck Happened"

Frank

Offline papadave

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 03:14:54 PM »
I asked him about the pic he used. I was following one he sold. He uses the same pic. Just differant barrels he gets and installs the choke tubes. I was going to see if he would do one with the Win chokes as that is what my Pardner pump uses.

Offline aspenband

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 03:37:24 PM »
I'll let you know how it looks and more about the choke tubes when mine arrives.  I don't care if mine is rough as it will be receiving a coat of duracoat to match the other barrel.  I have to do something with the tracker II slug barrel anyway as it has some light surface rust but I got it with a 410/45 Survivor barrel locally at a steal, paid $125 for both, bores are clean and bright and the survivor barrel is near perfect.

Offline bodie4

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 04:23:27 AM »
Ill check my chokes tonight to see what they are.  The 20 I got from him was in great shape.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2

Offline ftw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 09:11:54 AM »
I saw one on of his Ebay sales he said all 20 gauge barrels were TruChoke threads which are pretty readily available.
Inside of every Old Man is a Kid saying "What the Heck Happened"

Frank

Offline aspenband

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 02:31:33 PM »
Received mine today, very nice, not rough at all, bluing was good bore was excellent, professional looking shortening and choke tube installation.  Best of all it lock right into my SB1 44 mag frame with no fitting. Looks great but I still don't know about the choke tubes mine is only marked as "full" nothing else.  I guess I'll have to take it to a gun store and have them tell me what it is.  I know the seller stated they are tru-choke but there are thinwall and standard tru-chokes and I don't want to order one without knowing.

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 04:04:50 AM »
when did fleabay start allowing barrels to be sold again ?
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline jeffcneal

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 04:39:47 AM »
aspenband:

How does that Monte Carlo cheek piece work in conjunction with the bead sight?  That is 1 fine looking gun by the way!

regards,
Jeff
Most people are sheep, some are wolves.  I'm a sheepdog.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 05:55:01 AM »
when did fleabay start allowing barrels to be sold again ?

About a year ago.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline aspenband

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 06:11:00 AM »
Thanks, I haven't shot it yet so I don't know how it is going to work but my plan is to dedicate the shotgun barrels to there own receiver in the future and keep the rifle sighted and scope mounted barrels on this one.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 08:49:44 AM »
Received mine today, very nice, not rough at all, bluing was good bore was excellent, professional looking shortening and choke tube installation.  Best of all it lock right into my SB1 44 mag frame with no fitting. Looks great but I still don't know about the choke tubes mine is only marked as "full" nothing else.  I guess I'll have to take it to a gun store and have them tell me what it is.  I know the seller stated they are tru-choke but there are thinwall and standard tru-chokes and I don't want to order one without knowing.

What kind of stock is that?....<><....::

"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline aspenband

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 11:35:22 AM »
It is the original stock that came on the 44mag which has been duracoated to od green

Offline jeffcneal

• Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 12:44:58 PM »
It is the original stock that came on the 44mag which has been duracoated to od green

The furniture comes from Choate Machine & Tool Company [ www.riflestock.com ].  It's cataloged simply as "checkered stock" and "checkered forend". 

regards,
Jeff
Most people are sheep, some are wolves.  I'm a sheepdog.

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 01:55:09 PM »
That ebay(HT) seller is the same guy I bought my 12 ga shortie from last yr....looks like he's got a good racket going...saws the barrels adds chokes and sells the stocks.
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.