Author Topic: DIY Chest Holster  (Read 2347 times)

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • Sweet Home Alabama
DIY Chest Holster
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:09:49 PM »
Most of my adult life I have preferred to carry my pistols in a strong side holster. Great for walking and riding a four wheeler but a total pain to sit in a vehicle because it's not a high rise, sit down on the ground or in a chair. Did a lot of carrying and riding in my Jeep last weekend so I started looking for a better way to carry my ( Go everywhere, do everything ) Vaquero. Could go shoulder holster but inside a zipped up coat it's a bit slow to get to. I started looking at chest holsters. Found several sites that make them and the reviews are great on them as far as comfort and ease of reaching your pistol. Just one of the sites was Diamond D Custom Leather. The first picture shows their rig and it's $160.00. I did some thinking and put my own together just for the price of a couple of belts from Wally World, $16.00. I already had the crossdraw holster and bullet loops. The second picture is my homemade rig.
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Offline spruce

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: DIY Chest Holster
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »
Looks just as functional as the custom rig, and saving money is always good!

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 11:28:53 AM »
I'd like to have a rig like that for a scoped Mark III. 

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Sweet Home Alabama
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 04:10:49 PM »
I tweaked the one I made. Moved the holster slightly to my left ( the bottom of the grips is now dead center on my chest ) and put the ammo loops on the right side. Mike, one of these can be made easily with a crossdraw holster and a couple of belts. I'm about to start on my second one. It's going to be sort of a cross between this one and a Doc Holiday rig. Will post a pic when I get it finished.
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 05:21:43 PM »
nice
that's usin' the ol' noodle
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Sweet Home Alabama
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 07:29:38 AM »
Finally got around to making my homemade Doc Holiday rig. My pistol still rides high and out of the way.

Offline james

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 07:42:59 AM »
Looks like it will work.  I used something similar years ago when I was trapping in deep water.  I then redesigned a short vest with a holster on it.

Offline MASTERGUNNY96

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 05:12:01 PM »
OOHRAHH!! That is outstanding! Been thinking of making my own too. I can't see shelling over $160 or $200 plus bones for a fancy unit! The BGS don't care what it looks like if you have shoot them LOL
"SEMPER UNTIL I DIE"   8)  and remember if in DOUBT? JUST EMPTY THE MAGAZINE