Author Topic: Pistol grip for HR  (Read 473 times)

Offline dlbarr

• Trade Count: (0)
Pistol grip for HR
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:57:36 AM »
I have a straight stock HR and would like to find a add-on pistol grip (like for a sharps). Buffalo Arms has one on their sight but it is $75 and that seems a bit much to me...

Anybody know of another option? Thanks

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
Re: Pistol grip for HR
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 10:02:59 AM »
Why not go with a standard low comb Handi stock with pistol grip? It'd probably be alot cheaper in the long run.

Spanky

Offline dlbarr

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 10:10:39 AM »
Spanky, this gun has a real nice multi-tone laminated stock that I don't want to give up. Yeah, I know that adding a pistol grip that doesn't match compromises this abit, but that's the way I feel about it anyway. Thanks for the input.

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 11:27:23 AM »
If the PG you are looking at in BA is the Trapdoor Springfield one I can attest to it being very nice and it is a repro of a classic piece. Some years back I had looked at options, such as repros of the Sharps, etc. and this was the best option. Yeah, its pricey (and I expect it is from Italy) so it proves again the dollar isnt worth much on the exchange. You will likely need to fit the inner curve to your rifle lower wrist curve, but it is wood, so easy to do. Were I putting one on an H&R I might seriously consider thinning and trimming some of the beef off the factory stock first to refine the lines some (they are kinda 'chunky'). The PG is more swept back in the 'Prince Edward' style more than the stereotypical American sporting rifle style and is a more elegant line to my eye.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 12:01:01 PM »
Spanky, this gun has a real nice multi-tone laminated stock that I don't want to give up. Yeah, I know that adding a pistol grip that doesn't match compromises this abit, but that's the way I feel about it anyway. Thanks for the input.

You could do a web search for muzzleloader pieces and parts or maybe scheutzen type rifles. Might find something that way.

Spanky

Offline rdlange

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (52)
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 12:46:58 PM »
Think as if you LIFE depends on it... IT does..!  Be Well...